U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,951,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
That's is sooooo true, Chicago and Detroit Blacks are very similar, but slightly different.

Detroit blacks do everything we do here in the Chi, but faster. I remember when I went to Detroit and was at a party. It was a lot of Chi Town folks there so they played a little jukin music and the music got faster and faster and faster and faster. From then on I realized what jittin was. I know my parents say that Detroit steppin is slightly faster than Chi-town's.

I remember when I was talkin to some cats from the D. We didn't know jack about each other's city. But after talkin for a few minutes, we realized that we aren't that much different from each. Here you have too cities, large black populations, 4 hours apart, one don't know jack about the other and yet we are more identical than we think.
Yea our Ballrooming, Jittin and Techno Music is a little more fast paced than Chi steppin, Footworkin and Juke Music but I don't know about us not knowing anything about each other. Many Detroit people have fam in Chicago and vice versa
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 11:39 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,092,399 times
Honestly, Atlanta doesn't do beefs because of where we are situated and how we grew. The metro area was like 1million in the 70s and it's almost 6 million today. ATL's much to connected to other cities to beef with them. Now ATL can have a rivalry with other cities (to steal Detroitlove's words) but that's about it.

Orlando and Miami are to distant to beef with. Atlanta folk aren't really concerned with Nashville, Birmingham, and Memphis. Same with Charlotte. New Orleans is in the same category with the TN cities. Atlanta's really too isolated to form any enemies like that. ATL is an amicable city.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:58 AM

5,134 posts, read 8,950,881 times
If you go on any reputable sneaker site, you will see that DC made Nike Boots and Foam posites hot.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:25 PM

29 posts, read 37,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
ehhhh nike boots are basically played out now. if you see them most of the time the person is wearing them for work like i do since their all black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
If you go on any reputable sneaker site, you will see that DC made Nike Boots and Foam posites hot.
i like the song tho

Old 02-02-2011, 01:29 PM

8,479 posts, read 6,996,603 times
Quote:
lol...when did they do that?

Old 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM

14,219 posts, read 23,826,779 times
Quote:
yea i heard the same but theirs a lot of people who claim that NO gangsters who were in houston were fighting other NO gangsters, and i also heard a few stories of Houston gangsters giving it to the No gangsters who came and thought they could run the city like they did to Atlanta.
Yeah, it's basically former NO residents targeting other NO residents that they previously had beef with back in NO. I never heard of NO evacuees going after Native Houston residents. They'd be brave for doing that though.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:05 PM

11,340 posts, read 18,036,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
lol...when did they do that?
Lol right.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:31 PM

6,836 posts, read 13,535,089 times
Quote:

foam posites??? the first time i saw a artist wearing foam posits was when wale came out but new yorkers were wearing it before he came out. Idk what time dc comes out with certain styles but i do know new yorkers were wearing that before wale came out though. But wale rocks foam posits hard, and so do new yorkers.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:33 PM

6,836 posts, read 13,535,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFThomas301 View Post
i like the song tho

sad thing is max b version of nike boots spread over faster then wales song.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 PM

2,650 posts, read 5,376,274 times
Quote:
yea i know talking tuff online and living the lifestlye of "my city is harder then you" is pretty fun to young boys like you.

but i will bet you 1 stack that i can go to jersey city right now with my ny plates covered in a NY outfit and nothing will happen to me.

Also speaking of loud mouth. Your jersey people have bigger mouths when their caught in the city then actual new yorkers.

I hope you didnt think loud mouth wasn't a thing for jersey city because it really is.

As for all of new jeru? please been their done that and im not even the hardest new yorker out their.

you jersey folks live in a fairytale online but in reality the nyc plates pass through your hoods with all you looking quite.

Lets not forget how many gangs nyc has doing their nasty work in jersey.

Shall i begin with names?
Hurt feelings huh???? Sorry................

Go ahead & name names. I'm not talking about rappers, what I heard on the internet, or what your people tell you around the way, but what I've seem with my own two eyeballs; more than once. Please tell me what you've "heard". NY dudes shut their yap in Jersey hoods the same way anyone out of town does.

Last edited by openheads; 02-03-2011 at 12:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or