U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 03:11 PM

19,160 posts, read 28,632,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
-Chicago vs Houston**
This doesn't exist.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 03:12 PM

10,171 posts, read 13,582,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This doesn't exist.
2005, White Sox vs Astros.

Otherwise it doesn't exist but that still started a slight "tension" then. That whole week at school people would be trash talking the White Sox and favoring the Cubs and stuff. Haha, man, I really do miss High School sometimes.

My answers for this thread:
- 1870-1955 historically Chicago vs New York
- Historically Chicago vs Saint Louis
- Historically Philadelphia vs Boston
- 1960-2000 historically Los Angeles vs New York

The ones that will always last:
- Dallas vs Houston
- San Francisco vs Los Angeles
- New York vs Boston (sports)

Old 01-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
If LA truly had one the battle between SF, the ghettos of SF would be crawling with Crips and Bloods. I'm from Lakeview in SF which was the homicide/crime capital of SF in the 80's and early 90's and we've never had Bloods or Crips where I'm from. Your statement is also a typical non-Bay Area perspective of San Francisco. I already posted the link to hard statistical facts that SF has one of the highest homicide rates for young Black males in the entire nation and is more dangerous for young Blacks than Oakland. Biased unfounded media views not based in reality cannot refute that fact. Even though Black represent less than 10% of SF's population, they account for over 60% of all murders every year. The Bay Area, in terms of ghettos, is an extremely territorial place. People from the hood in the roughest parts of West and East Oakland know to stay out of Sunnydale, Hunter's Point and Lakeview, especially at night and they don't know anybody in those hoods. Check the video on this link to see what life in the ghetto in SF is really like. It's rather sad. It is also sad that a Russian News network is willing to document the ugly blighted side of SF whereas the biased national American news media wants you to believe SF is a gay man's paradise on the "nice side of the Bay".

Documentary focuses on ghetto life in Bayview-Hunters Point of San Francisco

Also, the projects in Sunnydale and Hunter's Point in SF have been rated as some of the worst in the nation year after year. Hunter's View was only recently torn down but most of SF's worst project complexes are in worse shape than ever and still standing and inhabited by poor mostly Black folks.

Hunters View - not Sunnydale - ranks as S.F.'s worst complex - SFGate

But by all means keeping on believing unfounded media hype on San Francisco like most ignorant Americans. It is great for SF's tourism which is the City's only source of revenue. Exposing the grimey side of SF, which is easily rougher than Compton, would destroy SF's ever-flowing tourism dollars. Unlike Compton, SF's ghettos aren't filled with well maintained sizable single family homes with huge manicured front lawns and spacious driveways that look like the suburbs. SF ghettos are filled with run-down projects that look like poorly maintained military prison complexes in a third world country. Not all Cali ghettos are "nice looking" like what you've seen on Menace II Society and Boyz 'N The Hood. Show me a part of Compton that looks worse than this:

turner terrace san francisco - Google Maps
From what I've read the past few days about SF, somebody has done a great job of making Oakland look like the worse or ghetto part of the Bay Area and SF that nice and well to do part of the Bay Area. Because the entire nation believes SF is much safer in every part compared to Oakland.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:22 PM

9,965 posts, read 15,404,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyFromCleveland18 View Post
Cleveland Vs. Pittsburgh. This one is mostly based on football, but it is quite bitter. The cities are very similar and they are always competing about which one is better.
Heh, no offense to Cleveland, but if this rivalry is mostly based on football, there's no real argument on who's been winning this one lately...

Old 01-29-2011, 03:22 PM

423 posts, read 532,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This doesn't exist.
Yes it does...........
Chi town stay leanin on Houston

Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Vic... View Post
Yes it does...........
Chi town stay leanin on Houston
No they don't. I don't know where this comes from. Nobody in both cities really thinks about each other like that. Unless you talking about sports, there is no rivalry or no beef.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:10 PM

14,218 posts, read 23,786,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xysma View Post
if you're talking drug beefs, then in reference to atlanta you'd have to mention atlanta vs. miami. the miami boys gang moved into atlanta in the 80's and dominated the drug trade there.

more recently, there's new orleans vs. houston, new orleans vs. baton rouge, and other cities where displaced dealers from new orleans moved after katrina and caused an upsurge in the crime rate.
I've read that most of the rise in crime in Houston was do to New Orleans transplants killing OTHER New Orleans transplants whom they previously had beef with back in NO. I haven't read any stories of people from NO and Houston specifically targeting each other.

Last edited by polo89; 01-29-2011 at 04:19 PM..

Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I've read that most of the rise in crime Houston were do to New Orleans transplants killing OTHER New Orleans transplants who they previously had beef with back in NO. I've haven't read any stories of people from NO and Houston specifically targeting each other.
From the stories my family and friends in Houston said, that's exactly what it is. You had a couple Houston vs New Orleans but it was mostly NO vs NO and Houston vs Houston.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:17 PM

14,218 posts, read 23,786,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
If LA truly had one the battle between SF, the ghettos of SF would be crawling with Crips and Bloods. I'm from Lakeview in SF which was the homicide/crime capital of SF in the 80's and early 90's and we've never had Bloods or Crips where I'm from. Your statement is also a typical non-Bay Area perspective of San Francisco. I already posted the link to hard statistical facts that SF has one of the highest homicide rates for young Black males in the entire nation and is more dangerous for young Blacks than Oakland. Biased unfounded media views not based in reality cannot refute that fact. Even though Black represent less than 10% of SF's population, they account for over 60% of all murders every year. The Bay Area, in terms of ghettos, is an extremely territorial place. People from the hood in the roughest parts of West and East Oakland know to stay out of Sunnydale, Hunter's Point and Lakeview, especially at night and they don't know anybody in those hoods. Check the video on this link to see what life in the ghetto in SF is really like. It's rather sad. It is also sad that a Russian News network is willing to document the ugly blighted side of SF whereas the biased national American news media wants you to believe SF is a gay man's paradise on the "nice side of the Bay".

Documentary focuses on ghetto life in Bayview-Hunters Point of San Francisco

Also, the projects in Sunnydale and Hunter's Point in SF have been rated as some of the worst in the nation year after year. Hunter's View was only recently torn down but most of SF's worst project complexes are in worse shape than ever and still standing and inhabited by poor mostly Black folks.

Hunters View - not Sunnydale - ranks as S.F.'s worst complex - SFGate

But by all means keeping on believing unfounded media hype on San Francisco like most ignorant Americans. It is great for SF's tourism which is the City's only source of revenue. Exposing the grimey side of SF, which is easily rougher than Compton, would destroy SF's ever-flowing tourism dollars. Unlike Compton, SF's ghettos aren't filled with well maintained sizable single family homes with huge manicured front lawns and spacious driveways that look like the suburbs. SF ghettos are filled with run-down projects that look like poorly maintained military prison complexes in a third world country. Not all Cali ghettos are "nice looking" like what you've seen on Menace II Society and Boyz 'N The Hood. Show me a part of Compton that looks worse than this:

turner terrace san francisco - Google Maps
How safe can SF be? It averages about 84-94 homicides a year. And those Turner Terrace Projects look like they have SPLENDID views of the City and The Bay.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:11 PM

12,390 posts, read 25,591,722 times
Chicago has no beef at all with Houston...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or