U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:14 PM

1,949 posts, read 2,896,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
NYC vs. Cali back then where the East Coast and the west coast had beef with each other over Hip Hop. Other than that no one has touched NYC. NYC is too powerful for other cities to touch it.

Now it's mostly East Coast vs ATL in terms of Hip Hop!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 PM

6,496 posts, read 6,572,018 times
Regionally: Minneapolis vs. St Paul.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:27 PM

8,437 posts, read 6,982,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Now it's mostly East Coast vs ATL in terms of Hip Hop!
It's been mostly the south. The eastcoast is stagnant on hip-hop.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:28 PM

4,811 posts, read 9,162,557 times
Everyone in California has a running joke that Los Angeles is the arm pit of California. A lot of Californians would rather leave the state then live in L.A. I would not choose to live in L.A. but I would if a job oppertunity came up there. I'm fine in San Diego.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:44 PM

18,509 posts, read 29,425,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Everyone in California has a running joke that Los Angeles is the arm pit of California. A lot of Californians would rather leave the state then live in L.A. I would not choose to live in L.A. but I would if a job oppertunity came up there. I'm fine in San Diego.
really? I thought half the state lived in greater LA?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 PM

4,811 posts, read 9,162,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
really? I thought half the state lived in greater LA?

Southern California from just above Santa Barbara all the way across and down to San Diego is 24 million. Central and Northern California is about 14 million people so there are a lot of people outside L.A.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:31 PM

1,855 posts, read 4,444,055 times
So, uh, forgive my ignorance...but what exactly does a "drug beef" denote?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 PM

6,931 posts, read 8,546,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
NYC vs. Cali back then where the East Coast and the west coast had beef with each other over Hip Hop. Other than that no one has touched NYC. NYC is too powerful for other cities to touch it.
That was not a beef. It was just something between Bad Boy and Death Row, which the media blew out of proportion. Many underground emcees used to work with one another on both coasts.

To the thread topic, I don't think there were any city beefs. There were only beefs within cities with different hoods.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:46 PM

153 posts, read 486,740 times
Houston vs. Dallas

I remember bk in the day, there was a lot of beef between Dallas and Houston at the two Houston HBCU's(Texas Southern and Prairie View). I know for a fact there use to be a lot of fights and shootings behind this because I guess the two cities were completly different(Houston dudes being more laid back; Dallas dudes gettin to trippin about nothin- didn't mix well. The one time in my life I almost got jumped was in college by a bunch of Dallas dudes mad about a female lol.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:29 PM

14,218 posts, read 23,814,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texx View Post
Houston vs. Dallas

I remember bk in the day, there was a lot of beef between Dallas and Houston at the two Houston HBCU's(Texas Southern and Prairie View). I know for a fact there use to be a lot of fights and shootings behind this because I guess the two cities were completly different(Houston dudes being more laid back; Dallas dudes gettin to trippin about nothin- didn't mix well. The one time in my life I almost got jumped was in college by a bunch of Dallas dudes mad about a female lol.
Haha, Texas Southern vs Prairie View. Perfect for a Houston/Dallas Beef.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or