U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,107,908 times

Advertisements

Well a alot of this beef stuff looks fabricated but me personally i can point out a few real beef when it comes to the hood.

nyc cats verse jersey(specifically newark, irvington , asbury, east orange, orange, and maybe trenton). We are a very cool with jersey city their like another borough to us.

Camden vs philly - I hear a lot of talk about camden and philly cats not being nice to eachother when crossing that bridge.

philly vs nyc - I think this beef is overrated but i think the cities being so close is why the 2 might have a few negative intersections sometimes.

dc vs baltimore - heard plenty stories about the cats in both cities getting it in in prison.

dallas vs houston - pretty much similar to the dc vs baltimore beef.

the bay vs the south cal - In reality only the people who are obsessed with their city in a positive way are the main ones beefing. As far as hood beef goes its overrated , and the bay area just doesnt like the gang bang culure. Not really nothing against LA though.

beefs that i have heard about that im not sure exist.

Milwaukee vs Chicago - From what i hear Chicago peoples/folk tend to think their brothers in Milwaukee are not as hard and are more like sheep , and that Milwaukee cats be proving themselves hard by busting at any chi-town cat who runs the mouth in their city.

dade county vs broward/palm beach county - apparently maimi-dade which has the worst history is much better now then it was back in the day but still think they are way more harder then palm beach/broward, but palm beach cats say otherwise since their called the new "miami cocaine
cowboys at times"

well thats about it but i think the hitman dolla was trying to make a STL vs JERSEY beef over arsenal(repping Newark) disrespecting him on camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 10:30 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,107,908 times
o and btw when it comes to the hood. The boroughs in nyc had plenty of rivalries with eachother. Back in the day a BX person could not come to bk, and BK person wasn't allowed entry to the BX. still goes on today.

bx vs bk - Their beef is what borough goes the hardest.
bk vs Harlem - their beef is who has the flyest people.
queens vs bx - just like nyc vs l.a it was entertainment reasons.

The whole nyc metro area vs staten island - LMAOO people always be slacking on Staten and some new yorkers will even say. " I REP NYC AND THE 4 BOROUGHS" LMAOOOOO

queens and brooklyn have been cool with each other. not so much issues.

Long island vs the boroughs - long island was basically the kid at school who basically wanted to prove to everyone that he can get it down to.

nyc vs upstate(where ever) - The beef aint strong but a lot of times the upstate heads feel like with nyc in their state they get no shine or are ignored and sometimes will be annoyed by a new yorkers presence.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:27 AM

153 posts, read 459,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
what????

Dude those two are both in Houston's metro

Ha ha, i was just gonna say.
Yea, that is the funny part. There are not really any HBCU's in North Texas so I guess the "battlegrounds" were in Houston at TSU or Praire View. There was a "rivalry" between the schools, but there was a "beef" between the cities.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM

4,945 posts, read 8,114,843 times
The dc/nyc beef goes back to the early 80's. NY dudes came to DC to hustle because everybody was getting money in DC. A 20 in NY would go for 50 in dc. NY dudes also had connects. Alpo (famous NYC drug dealer) was in DC in the late 80's. DC dudes shot him and tried to kidnap him but he survived. He was so afraid for his life he sought protection from Wayne Perry, one of the most feared men on the east coast. In the early 90's, DC dudes started to kill NY dudes over a series of beefs. Jay-Z mentions it in a song where he says they (dc) were shooting at anything with NY plates. A dc dude killed Harlem drug dealer Rich Porter. Read Alpos interview in Don Diva magazine and google his documentary on You Tube. They discuss the DC/NYC beef. NY dudes in the documentary talk about how Alpo had to become a monster when he moved to DC because DC cats were straight killers.
DC/NYC beefs play out at east cost hbcu's all the time. Norfolk State was off the hook in the 80's and 90's.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:14 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,839,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
The dc/nyc beef goes back to the early 80's. NY dudes came to DC to hustle because everybody was getting money in DC. A 20 in NY would go for 50 in dc. NY dudes also had connects. Alpo (famous NYC drug dealer) was in DC in the late 80's. DC dudes shot him and tried to kidnap him but he survived. He was so afraid for his life he sought protection from Wayne Perry, one of the most feared men on the east coast. In the early 90's, DC dudes started to kill NY dudes over a series of beefs. Jay-Z mentions it in a song where he says they (dc) were shooting at anything with NY plates. A dc dude killed Harlem drug dealer Rich Porter. Read Alpos interview in Don Diva magazine and google his documentary on You Tube. They discuss the DC/NYC beef. NY dudes in the documentary talk about how Alpo had to become a monster when he moved to DC because DC cats were straight killers.
DC/NYC beefs play out at east cost hbcu's all the time. Norfolk State was off the hook in the 80's and 90's.
Maybe it's just me, but something about the tone of this writing just screams "violence is so cool!"

Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 PM

4,945 posts, read 8,114,843 times
jcat,

I am the most non violent people around. I am just stating a few facts thats all. The 90's was a turbulent era in NYC and DC. There was a lot of violence and I am glad both cities are much better.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 PM

2,645 posts, read 4,912,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Well a alot of this beef stuff looks fabricated but me personally i can point out a few real beef when it comes to the hood.

nyc cats verse jersey(specifically newark, irvington , asbury, east orange, orange, and maybe trenton). We are a very cool with jersey city their like another borough to us.
Ehhhh................ I can assure you Jersey City does not have love for you. I'm not talking about the yuppie transplants, but the born & bread JC types. You are all loudmouth NY'ers & are subject to get got just like anywhere else in New Jeru.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 PM

1,497 posts, read 2,987,283 times
CHICAGO versus DETROIT

Al Capone vs. Purple Gang

House vs. Techno

Hawks vs. Wings

Deep-Dish vs. Bakery-Style

Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM

1,497 posts, read 2,987,283 times
PITTSBURGH versus DETROIT

Steel City vs. Motor City

Penguins vs. The Red Wings

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 PM

11,245 posts, read 16,031,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Ehhhh................ I can assure you Jersey City does not have love for you. I'm not talking about the yuppie transplants, but the born & bread JC types. You are all loudmouth NY'ers & are subject to get got just like anywhere else in New Jeru.
Not in my experience but whatever. I lived in Jersey too (as well as the DMV). The fact that you say you are all loudmouth NYers speaks volumes. I'm actually not loud, I'm the calm type lol.

I've NEVER had any problems because I'm from NY, nowhere. And why would I, I'm not gonna get loud and haul off and smack someone in the name of "New York". I've gotten into it out of state but it didn't involve "NY", that'd be some whack -ish.

Maybe y'all run around on some C-D stuff, "oh my city is better than your's" and give a big seminar about it but when I leave NY I have fun, NY is the last thing on my mind, why else would I leave? It's not no "Queens in the building move out the way before you get knocked over just because" nonsense. I don't know what people think this is lol. I loved everywhere I went, I never hated anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or