U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Miami or Atlanta?
Miami 52 43.70%
Atlanta 59 49.58%
tie 8 6.72%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 PM

4,390 posts, read 5,636,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I think you are being a little unfair to Atlanta in this thread and I've seen your comments on Dallas in another thread. Miami is definitely the cooler city theres no question about that. Atlanta is definitely the nicer city to live in quality wise and theres no question about that.
I'm not being unfair to Atlanta at all. I am just telling it how it is. I am stating what Atlanta has got to offer. Now I am not going to sit here and say Atlanta is a great city when I know that I would be lying. Don't blame it on me if Atlanta does not have good qualities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM

8,157 posts, read 7,485,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel guy View Post
Miami is in Atlanta league.

FACT: Miami is more important than Atlanta. If you want to challenge me then I have no problem pulling up facts.

I will say Atanta offers a better city for living conditions..... meaning jobs, QOL and COL.
How can that be when :
Miami has a benign Arts scene.
Orchestra,Opera,are both rank way below what a city the size of Miami should be.
Museums are second rate overall.
Less Medan HouseHoLD INCOMES
Lower GDP
Better Public transit
Those are just a few FACTS.If you need more let me know.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:45 PM

13,344 posts, read 13,548,957 times
Ohhh, the Bama Bangs. That's what you meant. That style is spreading ALL OVER the South. I 1st saw that style on that reality High School Football show on MTV about that highschool football team in Alabama. EVERY white guy on that team had the Bama Bangs. Bama Bangs become REALLY, REALLY, popular in Welthy Southern White College Fraternities, especially in, none other then Alabama(schools like Auburn, Bama, etc). But they've become popular from Alabama all the way up the piedmont to over here in North Carolina. They all have the same haircut in those Frats.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM

175 posts, read 46,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
How can that be when :
Miami has a benign Arts scene.
Orchestra,Opera,are both rank way below what a city the size of Miami should be.
Museums are second rate overall.
Less Medan HouseHoLD INCOMES
Lower GDP
Those are just a few FACTS.If you need more let me know.
You simply did nothing but repeat to me what I already said.

This is a fact..... Miami is MORE important than Atanta.

My opinion..... Atlanta offers a better quality of life to for ppl to live in.

Last edited by travel guy; 02-01-2011 at 07:56 PM..

Old 02-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
You simply did nothing but repeat to me what I already said.

This is a fact..... Miami is MORE important than Atanta.

My opinion..... Atlanta offers a better quality of live to live.
So how does that make Miami more important than Atlanta?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM

2,429 posts, read 2,281,036 times
I think when he says "important" he means its more well known on an international level which it is due to its tourist industry. Lots of international travelers there and second home citizens in the Miami area.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
So how does that make Miami more important than Atlanta?
Are you capable of understanding when a city is more important than another and when a city has offers a better quality of life?

Quality of life does not equal importance.........

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM

13,344 posts, read 13,548,957 times
I wouldn't say Miami is more important than ATL. ATL is a HUGE logistics hub, and HUGE air traveling hub. It's geographic position lends it a hand in it's importance. And ATL holds more weight in the South than Miami does.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I wouldn't say Miami is more important than ATL. ATL is a HUGE logistics hub, and HUGE air traveling hub. It's geographic position lends it a hand in it's importance. And ATL holds more weight in the South than Miami does.
You were proved wrong. Miami #33, Atlanta #40

Global Cities 2010: The Rankings | Foreign Policy

Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Are you capable of understanding when a city is more important than another and when a city has offers a better quality of life?

Quality of life does not equal importance.........
Well that was my question.Importance to whom?And on what level?You?Well thats subjective and I cannot argue wth that.But if you are telling me because people in the South wear "boat shoes" and have "Bamma hair cuts" then Id say you are not worthy of adult conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City