Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Canada 173 40.80%
California 217 51.18%
Undecided 15 3.54%
Neither 19 4.48%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
It's not just about the population, it's got a way way way larger area, and that has to count for something.
blah blah blah.

Its turns out that the emporer has no clothes. Canada's economy basically suffered a free fall according to the latest states. California is much more stable economically and even when it comes to the government deficit-Canada's dilemma is twice as bad as California's.

A little research tells the truth. Who knew?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM

785 posts, read 1,881,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
blah blah blah.

Its turns out that the emporer has no clothes. Canada's economy basically suffered a free fall according to the latest states. California is much more stable economically and even when it comes to the government deficit-Canada's dilemma is twice as bad as California's.

A little research tells the truth. Who knew?
A little research allows one to make a claim without needing any references? That could be true, I can't refute it, but without any backup, it's just hot air. I understand you are a homer, that's cool, but don't be so aggressively anti-Canada.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Ok, you said in two areas it was 'best on the face of the Earth' which is quite a claim.
The University of California system is above and beyond any other public university system in the world as far as academic achievement.

Silicon Valley is the premier high technology hub of the world.

In 2011, neither UC or Silicon Valley have equals.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
A little research allows one to make a claim without needing any references? That could be true, I can't refute it, but without any backup, it's just hot air. I understand you are a homer, that's cool, but don't be so aggressively anti-Canada.
Actually Canada is really meaningless to me and I have nothing against the place.

I am simply dismantling the misplaced smugness in this thread that it turns out is totally misplaced and wrong.

California's economy is actually healthier than Canada's and so is its fiscal budget. That's a fact.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
The University of California system is above and beyond any other public university system in the world as far as academic achievement.

Silicon Valley is the premier high technology hub of the world.

In 2011, neither UC or Silicon Valley have equals.
Quote:
Actually Canada is really meaningless to me and I have nothing against the place.

I am simply dismantling the misplaced smugness in this thread that it turns out is totally misplaced and wrong.

California's economy is actually healthier than Canada's and so is its fiscal budget. That's a fact.

Again, I can't say you are wrong, but we need figures. I'm not going to waste my time checking your facts. If you want to impress upon us that what you say is correct, give us some links, some figures, and maybe some close comparisons, as figures for just CA would be meaningless.

There might be smugness, but it's coming from both sides, including from you, and up until moments ago, California was winning by one, so it's not exactly one sided. Well done for calling an entire country meaningless.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Again, I can't say you are wrong, but we need figures. I'm not going to waste my time checking your facts. If you want to impress upon us that what you say is correct, give us some links, some figures, and maybe some close comparisons, as figures for just CA would be meaningless.

There might be smugness, but it's coming from both sides, including from you, and up until moments ago, California was winning by one, so it's not exactly one sided. Well done for calling an entire country meaningless.
That was in response to your totally baseless claim that I am anti-Canada, which is nowhere to be found in this thread.

Of course when people are beaten when it comes to the actual debate, sometimes they tend to make it personal which is not a surprise.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
That was in response to your totally baseless claim that I am anti-Canada, which is nowhere to be found in this thread.

Of course when people are beaten when it comes to the actual debate, sometimes they tend to make it personal which is not a surprise.
You did say Canada was meaningless, and all your comments would seem to suggest you're not big on the place, and extremely big on California.

I'm simply asking you to back up your statements, and I'm the only one here that's gonna bother to counter your comments.

Also, I'm merely a placeholder until someone who knows about Canada can come back to you. I'm not losing anything, as I'm on neither side.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You did say Canada was meaningless
That doesnt mean Im Anti-Canada..only that I dont think about it hardly ever because its not really relevant to my life just as Im sure most Canadians dont spend all their time fixated on happenings in California.

But this thread has given me a reason to examine the fiscal and economic health of both.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
That doesnt mean Im Anti-Canada..only that I dont think about it hardly ever because its not really relevant to my life just as Im sure most Canadians dont spend all their time fixated on happenings in California.

But this thread has given me a reason to examine the fiscal and economic health of both.
Well that's very good of you, but until you provide some evidence I don't expect anyone will go along with your claims.

You have your viewpoint, and it may be backed up by facts, but you haven't provided any. Before you say you added 'fact' onto the end of a sentence, that doesn't make it a fact.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Well that's very good of you, but until you provide some evidence I don't expect anyone will go along with your claims.

You have your viewpoint, and it may be backed up by facts, but you haven't provided any. Before you say you added 'fact' onto the end of a sentence, that doesn't make it a fact.
Go back to my posts and exercise some reading comprehension. There are links attached to everything I posted about Canada. Im not going to repost them and you need to stop wasting time creating he-said, she-said posts that come off as catty. Are you a cat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City