Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you think is the best Superbowl host city?
New Orleans 40 17.78%
Miami 57 25.33%
Atlanta 10 4.44%
Jacksonville 3 1.33%
San Diego 35 15.56%
Dallas 31 13.78%
Houston 19 8.44%
Detroit 14 6.22%
Phoenix/Glendale 12 5.33%
Tampa 4 1.78%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:02 PM

765 posts, read 1,860,150 times

Advertisements

I must say Dallas is the best Super Bowl city.

The new Cowboys Stadium is the best stadium in the country with its grandeur appearance, technology, design, total seating capacity, large number of luxury seats, and indoor roof preventing weather factors.

To me, it has nothing really to about cities themselves per se, it's more about the venue that matters more. Cowboys Stadium easily seals the deal for me.

Besides Dallas (due to Cowboys Stadium), I think Los Angeles is a PERFECT city for a Super Bowl event. The weather is always pleasant with clear skies and lots of sunshine. It helps that the city is a major media center that can easily hype up the event and that all the celebrities are able to attend, and be a part of it. The HUGE downside is that there is no legitimate venue for that (USC stadium and that stadium in Pasadena just don't cut it for me).

So that leaves Dallas as the best Super Bowl city mainly due to Cowboys Stadium.

Btw, I am a big Eagles fan. I would LOVE to see our beloved and Super Bowl-less Eagles win it all at Cowboys Stadium hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Arlington & Fort Worth would take direct offense to that & have already. No need to rub it in any further.

Quote:
The new Cowboys Stadium is the best stadium in the country with its grandeur appearance, technology, design, total seating capacity, large number of luxury seats, and indoor roof preventing weather factors.
The funny part is, none of those factors kept 6 people from getting seriously injured by shards of falling ice, 1,500 paid in advance fans left seatless, major events getting canceled all over town (Prince being the biggest one), or one of America's most iconic singers in modern history butchering the national anthem in from of millions.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:59 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:

To me, it has nothing really to about cities themselves per se, it's more about the venue that matters more. Cowboys Stadium easily seals the deal for me.

Besides Dallas (due to Cowboys Stadium), I think Los Angeles is a PERFECT city for a Super Bowl event. The weather is always pleasant with clear skies and lots of sunshine. It helps that the city is a major media center that can easily hype up the event and that all the celebrities are able to attend, and be a part of it. The HUGE downside is that there is no legitimate venue for that (USC stadium and that stadium in Pasadena just don't cut it for me).

So that leaves Dallas as the best Super Bowl city mainly due to Cowboys Stadium.

Btw, I am a big Eagles fan. I would LOVE to see our beloved and Super Bowl-less Eagles win it all at Cowboys Stadium hahaha
I agree, if LA gets their stadium built, I wouldnt mind if the Super Bowl either parked there indefinitely or bounced between 3 or 4 locations.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:09 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:

LA would be an awesome location for the same factors as San Diego. But LA would actually have the celebrety.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 AM

765 posts, read 1,860,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Arlington & Fort Worth would take direct offense to that & have already. No need to rub it in any further.

The funny part is, none of those factors kept 6 people from getting seriously injured by shards of falling ice, 1,500 paid in advance fans left seatless, major events getting canceled all over town (Prince being the biggest one), or one of America's most iconic singers in modern history butchering the national anthem in from of millions.
Quit whining. 6 people is absolutely nothing, those. 1500...sorry. What about the other 99%?

Miami could be raining cats and dogs, imagine how much that would suck. New Orleans superdome...meh. Los Angeles....no appropriate venue...so what does that leave us with?

Dallas is the main city of that region, idc what ft worth and arlington. Its called the DALLAS cowboys for a reason

Old 02-10-2011, 06:45 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Quit whining. 6 people is absolutely nothing, those. 1500...sorry. What about the other 99%?

Miami could be raining cats and dogs, imagine how much that would suck. New Orleans superdome...meh. Los Angeles....no appropriate venue...so what does that leave us with?

Dallas is the main city of that region, idc what ft worth and arlington. Its called the DALLAS cowboys for a reason
Why are you underrating the Superdome?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,311,158 times
Miami New Orleans (DOME) SoCal

Old 02-10-2011, 11:37 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:

You do realize that that "Dallas Super Bowl" wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Fort Worth and Arlington, right?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Hansen Unplugged: A disastrous Super Bowl week

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/Hansen-Un...115532634.html (broken link)

"Much of the criticism for the bad weather isn't fair, but I do agree with those who say a Super Bowl should be played in warm weather cities only... and there's only about five of those in America."

EXACTLY my point I've been trying to get across this whole thread!!!

Those cities are San Diego, Phoenix, Houston, New Orleans, & Miami.
There was a HARD freeze last night in the Houston area.

I'm STILL freezin' my ass off right now....

Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,288,860 times
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA You must be joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City