Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you think is the best Superbowl host city?
New Orleans 40 17.78%
Miami 57 25.33%
Atlanta 10 4.44%
Jacksonville 3 1.33%
San Diego 35 15.56%
Dallas 31 13.78%
Houston 19 8.44%
Detroit 14 6.22%
Phoenix/Glendale 12 5.33%
Tampa 4 1.78%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM

457 posts, read 899,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Hansen Unplugged: A disastrous Super Bowl week

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/Hansen-Un...115532634.html (broken link)

"Much of the criticism for the bad weather isn't fair, but I do agree with those who say a Super Bowl should be played in warm weather cities only... and there's only about five of those in America."

EXACTLY my point I've been trying to get across this whole thread!!!

Those cities are San Diego, Phoenix, Houston, New Orleans, & Miami.
I guess you've never seen New Orleans in a freeze - I have. Not pretty. Think: No water, no Toilets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 PM

5 posts, read 13,216 times
Quote:
I guess you've never seen New Orleans in a freeze - I have. Not pretty. Think: No water, no Toilets.
Since when

Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM

765 posts, read 1,852,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA You must be joking.
Why would I be joking? Im not a big fan of the superdome

Cowboys stadium is the best

Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM

6,620 posts, read 9,834,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Quit whining. 6 people is absolutely nothing, those. 1500...sorry. What about the other 99%?

Miami could be raining cats and dogs, imagine how much that would suck. New Orleans superdome...meh. Los Angeles....no appropriate venue...so what does that leave us with?

Dallas is the main city of that region, idc what ft worth and arlington. Its called the DALLAS cowboys for a reason
The exterior on the Louisiana Superdome is pretty ugly.

For some reason I thought the Superdome was the largest domed stadium in the world. There's 2 stadiums with a larger dome. The Georgia Dome was the largest from 1992-2009. Cowboys Stadium is now the largest domed stadium in the world.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM

17 posts, read 20,659 times
Off of the list provided only Miami is worthy of hosting a superbowl.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,102,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Why would I be joking? Im not a big fan of the superdome

Cowboys stadium is the best
The location of the dome is the best reason to have it here. Directly outside of the dome are free concerts after games. I've seen countless artists perform there. It's downtown, and we have a much lesser chance of receiving snow other than Miami.

The dome of the Superdome is covered in aluminum panels and the curves that lead up to the dome are lighted. I've loved looking at the 'dome. Its not ugly at all.
This was pre-Katrina:
http://superdomeseatingchart.com/images/superdome_seating_chart_.jpg (broken link)

But I respect your opinions.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 PM

6,620 posts, read 9,834,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
The location of the dome is the best reason to have it here. Directly outside of the dome are free concerts after games. I've seen countless artists perform there. It's downtown, and we have a much lesser chance of receiving snow other than Miami.

The dome of the Superdome is covered in aluminum panels and the curves that lead up to the dome are lighted. I've loved looking at the 'dome. Its not ugly at all.
This was pre-Katrina:

But I respect your opinions.
They are renovating the Stadium. They completely demolished the lower bowl of the stadium to add more seats.

In this pic they are replacing the aluminum panels. This is the original color of the aluminum panels.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,787,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
The exterior on the Louisiana Superdome is pretty ugly.

It could be MUCH worse....

Old 02-10-2011, 09:48 PM

659 posts, read 1,369,973 times
Superdome has actually aged well! Looking better! Congrats to N.O.!

Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,306,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
They are renovating the Stadium. They completely demolished the lower bowl of the stadium to add more seats.

In this pic they are replacing the aluminum panels. This is the original color of the aluminum panels.
Thanks for sharing those pics, Dallaz. I enjoyed looking at those. So, is anything else being fixed up in the Superdome, besides the exterior aluminum panels and the lower seating bowl?

Hope once the renovation is finished, it'll look(once again) as attractive as it did pre-renovation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City