Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you think is the best Superbowl host city?
New Orleans 40 17.78%
Miami 57 25.33%
Atlanta 10 4.44%
Jacksonville 3 1.33%
San Diego 35 15.56%
Dallas 31 13.78%
Houston 19 8.44%
Detroit 14 6.22%
Phoenix/Glendale 12 5.33%
Tampa 4 1.78%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,455,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Jax was horrible, transportation, parking, hotels, amenities. Many event were 20, 30, 40 miles away. I had to fly into Orlando and stay in Daytona, neither convienient. As for parking (basically no other options to get to the game from Daytona) I had to park in someones backyard, which in some ways i fine but the traffice and city were just not ready for this type of event.

Maybe I am jaded, belichek read signals, Donovan Vomitted, I paid way too much and the wrong team won, but I did find solace in some 30 pack of steamed hamburgers in a fast food place I had never heard of accross from the Daytona speedway to soak up my sorrows on my way back into Daytona, that was the highlight

But truth be told, if the Eagles get back to a Super bowl I would do it again in a heartbeat
That night I played the air guitar for 45 consecutive minutes with a bottle of vodka and a case of beer. Odds are you were eating Krystal burgers, which are good and weird at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 03:21 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Exactly & they're not even in the City of Dallas, much less Dallas County anymore.

They should call them the Metroplex Cowboys...or the Tarrant County Cowboys...or the Arlington Cowboys...or the North Texas Cowboys.
The Dallas Cowboys PLAY in Arlington. The Dallas Cowboys headquarters are STILL in Irving which is in Dallas County. How many times must people tell you this before you get it?

As for Dallas. It is cursed for having too many wanna be alpha's like Arlington in it's metro. Arlington (the largest city in the nation w/o any mass transportation) wants to be noticed and compete with Dallas (and Fort Worth for that matter) for everything and they always come up short on satisfaction. It really sucks for Dallas. The CITY of Dallas has he tarea's only rail system and it is pretty extensive, many cabs and charters, more hotel rooms including more luxurious hotel rooms to handle the superbowl and more. I really can't name another city that goes through the same things as Dallas. I think if the area gets the Super Bowl again. They need to hold most, not all, but most activities in the city of Dallas because logistically, it is more prepared for it than any other city in the metroplex.

Last edited by Spade; 02-11-2011 at 03:31 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 03:23 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,942,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Thanks for sharing those pics, Dallaz. I enjoyed looking at those. So, is anything else being fixed up in the Superdome, besides the exterior aluminum panels and the lower seating bowl?

Hope once the renovation is finished, it'll look(once again) as attractive as it did pre-renovation.
From Wikipedia

The Superdome in early 2006 began to undergo $320 million in renovations in three phases, due to its contract with the New Orleans Saints. New windows have been installed for natural lighting, and a new face lift will be constructed. The roof-facing of the Superdome will be remodeled with a solid white hue and the sides of the dome panels will resemble a champagne bronze color. The entire outer layer of the stadium, more than 400,000 square feet (37,000 m2) of aluminum siding, will be replaced with new aluminum panels and insulation, and an innovative barrier system for drainage will be added by 2010. The dome is set to resemble its original facade.
In addition escalators will be added to the outside of the club rooms. Each suite will have modernized rooms with raised ceilings, leather sofas and flat-screen TVs, as well as glass, brushed aluminum and wood-grain furnishings. A new $600,000 point-of-sale system is also being installed, which will allow fans to purchase concessions with credit cards throughout the stadium for the first time. Once all three phases of the renovation are completed the Superdome will be one of the most up-to-date facilities in the U.S.
At the beginning of 2011 construction will begin to the lower bowl of the stadium, reconfiguring it to increase seating by 3,500, widening the plaza concourse, building two bunker club lounges and adding additional concession stands. Crews will start tearing down the temporary stairs that lead from Champions Square to the Dome, replacing them with permanent steps. Workers also will complete the installation of express elevators that will taxi coaches and media from the ground level of the stadium to the press box. Plans also call for two 7,500-square-foot bunker lounges on each side of the stadium. The lounges will be equipped with flat-screen TVs, granite counter tops and full-service bars. The lounges will serve 4,500 fans, whose old plaza seats will be upgraded to premium tickets, giving those fans leather chairs with cup-holders. The plaza level will also be extended, closing in space between the concourse and plaza seating to add new restrooms and concession areas. The renovations will also end the stadium's ability to convert to a baseball configuration.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Exactly & they're not even in the City of Dallas, much less Dallas County anymore.

They should call them the Metroplex Cowboys...or the Tarrant County Cowboys...or the Arlington Cowboys...or the North Texas Cowboys.
I am so tired of your crap. You are always putting Dallas down! If you are a TRUE Texan, you would like all areas of Texas not just one. You try your hardest to start an argument every time you post! This is getting very old. I am sure people other people are tired too.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I am so tired of your crap. You are always putting Dallas down! If you are a TRUE Texan, you would like all areas of Texas not just one. You try your hardest to start an argument every time you post! This is getting very old. I am sure people other people are tired too.

I think M&M just hates Dallas....

Old 02-11-2011, 08:40 PM

457 posts, read 904,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro115 View Post
Since when
Right before Christmas 1989. Bourbon Street was covered in ice and was a ghost town. Water pipes were bursting all over the city and there was no water. No joy.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,771 times
Give me Phoenix or San Diego, or THE ROSE BOWL.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,771 times
Quote:
It does get really old. In almost ever post, every thread, every day, he appears to be obsessed with Dallas. It's as if he thinks all of this homerism is making Houston look good, but in fact it is quite the opposite.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I am sure other people are tired too. It's fixed......LOL

Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
It does get really old. In almost ever post, every thread, every day, he appears to be obsessed with Dallas. It's as if he thinks all of this homerism is making Houston look good, but in fact it is quite the opposite.
Exactly! He must be obsessed. I have never seen someone talk about Dallas in every post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City