U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-27-2007, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk
624 posts, read 1,288,565 times
Reputation: 625

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityKing59 View Post
we have a national champion.....Texas. the most boring state!
Yes, and Texans who are always boasting about their state are one of the reasons why it's boring! LOL
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2007, 04:43 PM
 
134 posts, read 394,462 times
Reputation: 79
I thought Louisiana was very boring to drive across. So flat and not scenic at all. The cities that were along I-10 looked scary too. Don't even get me started on the drivers!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,172,590 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by shady12 View Post
I guess people don't realize what a big state it is. Only part of it is flat. Total flatness freaks me out too. It's about as diverse a state in terms of terrain as you will find.
well, its pretty flat in the parts people want to live. When Kennedy was shot, that "grassy knoll" was probably the highest mountain in Dallas.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
 
Location: Texas!
332 posts, read 339,297 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
well, its pretty flat in the parts people want to live. When Kennedy was shot, that "grassy knoll" was probably the highest mountain in Dallas.
Chicago? FLAT! New York City? FLAT! Why don't people ever single out those cities about their flatness for once? I kind understand New York though since basically the whole entire city is covered with buildings but still...?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 11:33 PM
 
Location: Texas!
332 posts, read 339,297 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
Yes, and Texans who are always boasting about their state are one of the reasons why it's boring! LOL
not funny because that makes no sense.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 11:40 PM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,172,590 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
Chicago? FLAT! New York City? FLAT! Why don't people ever single out those cities about their flatness for once? I kind understand New York though since basically the whole entire city is covered with buildings but still...?
Ok they are flat too: There, now I didnt leave them out. I mentioned texas because that was what I was discussing as a boring state. Hey some folks like the flat....like farmers....and non athletic bike riders
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 11:44 PM
 
Location: Texas!
332 posts, read 339,297 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Ok they are flat too: There, now I didnt leave them out. I mentioned texas because that was what I was discussing as a boring state. Hey some folks like the flat....like farmers....and non athletic bike riders
Exactly what cities have you visited in Texas?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Everywhere
1,920 posts, read 2,172,590 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
Exactly what cities have you visited in Texas?
keller, Forthworth, dallas, frisco, plano, Mt Pleasant, Houston, Seabrook, Corpus Christi, Portland (texas) Pflugerville, Roundrock, Cedar Park, Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio, Amarillo (spelling?) a bunch of citys around Lake Travis. Dripping Springs (its not too flat). Rosenburg....I have been to more but I cant remember right now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2007, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Texas!
332 posts, read 339,297 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
keller, Forthworth, dallas, frisco, plano, Mt Pleasant, Houston, Seabrook, Corpus Christi, Portland (texas) Pflugerville, Roundrock, Cedar Park, Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio, Amarillo (spelling?) a bunch of citys around Lake Travis. Dripping Springs (its not too flat). Rosenburg....I have been to more but I cant remember right now.
You've been to more places than I have and I live here lol
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2007, 12:11 AM
 
Location: Portalnd, OR
17 posts, read 59,390 times
Reputation: 13
Default Don't agree

I love Texas state I have chance to live in San Antonio for two years and I love every inch of that city.

Sorry
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top