U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 AM

2,368 posts, read 6,826,366 times

Advertisements

Your not gonna feel like your driving up a mountain,if it is a 2-300 ft hill.And the pictures I've seen of New York it does look like a bunch of buildings on a flat surface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 10:00 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,266,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Your not gonna feel like your driving up a mountain,if it is a 2-300 ft hill.And the pictures I've seen of New York it does look like a bunch of buildings on a flat surface.
well...there was that show called Hill Street Blues in the 90s....I supose it would have to change to just "street blues on a flat street in NY" if it were level. I don't remember seeing hills worth remembering, but whe youve lived on the west coast and Visited San Fran, then you get a certain perspective.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:04 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,721,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1256 View Post
ohio is flat, and boring plains.
Flat? Have you ever been to Kansas - Oklahoma???? Now that's flat...

Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 AM

332 posts, read 359,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Flat? Have you ever been to Kansas - Oklahoma???? Now that's flat...
I don't think he has even left his home...he considers any state he hates to be flat.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
I don't think he has even left his home...he considers any state he hates to be flat.
Where as I hate every state thats flat....BTW Oklahoma has moutains on the East side. right before it becomes Arkansas. I get more speeding tickets in Flat states, as my foot gets lazy and before I know it, Im doing 15 miles over the speed limit. Does that happen to any of you? You would think with the miles of nothingness, I would see the officer on the side of the road. In states like Oregon and Washinton State, I am always going up and down hills and mountains,and always turning and twisting aournd roads.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:59 PM

625 posts, read 1,351,618 times
Quote:
Even if it does have hills, their's in no point to brag about them because you can't even see them with all the skyscrapers....so once agian I consider it flat
I wasn't bragging, just educating you! But really, I don't know where you've been in Manhattan, but you must not have seen much of it to say these things. You see mostly skyscrapers from a distance, but walk on the ground and you have lots of hills. And yeah, they're hills -- not steep mountains -- but it is far from flat!

Getting back on-topic, I don't understand how being a "flat" state makes it boring anyway. On flat terrain, you can see both ends of a rainbow!

Old 07-29-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
I wasn't bragging, just educating you! But really, I don't know where you've been in Manhattan, but you must not have seen much of it to say these things. You see mostly skyscrapers from a distance, but walk on the ground and you have lots of hills. And yeah, they're hills -- not steep mountains -- but it is far from flat!

Getting back on-topic, I don't understand how being a "flat" state makes it boring anyway. On flat terrain, you can see both ends of a rainbow!
I never stated that just because a state is flat,it makes it boring.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I never stated that just because a state is flat,it makes it boring.
I will go on a limb and say that I DO think flat states are boring. Hills covered with skyscapers are not mountains. Hill country in Texas is a joke, as I look out at the Many Volcanic peaks of the pacific NW.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I will go on a limb and say that I DO think flat states are boring. Hills covered with skyscapers are not mountains. Hill country in Texas is a joke, as I look out at the Many Volcanic peaks of the pacific NW.
Hill country isn't the only portion of Texas that has hills,and to say just because a state is flat means it is boring isn't fair. No one is going to take any of your opinions seriously if you make judgements about a state just because it is flat!

and don't forget the mountians in El Paso.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Hill country isn't the only portion of Texas that has hills,and to say just because a state is flat means it is boring isn't fair. No one is going to take any of your opinions seriously if you make judgements about a state just because it is flat!

and don't forget the mountians in El Paso.
I don't want to upset anyone but I have been to most of your state, I assume you are from texas. After you mountains end, there is nothing for hundreds and hundreds of miles. Hill country is kinda of...whatever. The water fronts and boardwalks of houston is fun...San Antonio is fun, but the majority of your state is not that fun to look at. You have to drive and drive and drive (repeat).

Texas (once again) isnt the most boring, but it is rather boring. I was on the road from Fort Woth to Amarillo and it was the longest five hours in my travels. Even flat can be intesting sometimes (see Kansas), but all I saw was about 10 severely run down Towns, ugly water towers, and grain silos. You can always find a Dairy Queen with a cute girl who wants the to hitch up and get the H out of town in each one of those towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City