U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2007, 02:40 AM
Flipinino

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Because WV is all just mountains and trees right?

Realize I was being a smart***, I didn't really take offense to your comment... Just was really really confused by it. To each his own I guess.

Also I wouldn't base how exciting a state is on an amusement park. Anyway they are building one along I-70 near Wheeling. But as far as amusement parks is concerned. Busch Gardens has NOTHING compared to Cedar Point in Sanduski, OH.
Some people would care less if they offend another but I will honestly admit that I'm glad that you didn't take offense to my opinion. I realize you were being a smart*** and I smiled throughout the whole thing because of it. You truly must understand I try to find beauty in everything that I see. Although, according to my taste it just seems like West Virginia would not be my cup of tea. I'd like to admit that the "bridge" picture was gorgeous though. Nice scenery. The other two pictures were not all that significant to me unfortuntely. I'm sure it's obvious I've never been to WV but compared to the other states in the union I had to admit WV was in my bottom 10 most interesting. Trust me, I've done all the research you can think of about every single state so I'm knowledgeable. Also, thank you for the insight about Cedar Point. :-) I have heard a lot about it. I hope that your opinion proves to be true to mine about Busch Gardens and Cedar Point when I visit. Thank you again. Take Care.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 AM

19 posts, read 83,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrySRA View Post
No, Ohio is in the Appalachian Mountains.
Its is nowhere near flat.

The most boring states are Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas.
That's not really true, Ohio is considered mostly plains but the eastern and southern parts are slightly affected by the Appalachian Mountains so it's somewhat hilly in those areas.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:01 AM

288 posts, read 1,225,186 times
The most boring state I've ever been to is Oregon. It's pretty much forest the length of the state going up I-5, plus I'm a city guy and there is no city in the state worth while IMO. Others might have a different opinion.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM

570 posts, read 1,778,152 times
You just won't let up on Oregon, will you?

There is no such thing as the most boring state. There is such a thing as a boring individual visiting a state.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM

288 posts, read 1,225,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
You just won't let up on Oregon, will you?

There is no such thing as the most boring state. There is such a thing as a boring individual visiting a state.
Quick question - did I create this thread? No

Would you like me to lie about which state it is I find boring? Would that make you feel better?

Pathetic!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Do not call me pathetic.

Have you been to every state?
Have you been to every place in Oregon?
And since you haven't, then why post a negative comment at all.

I find the thread negative and stupid. No I don't want you to lie. I do however think you should stop acting like a butt head. You could have very easily answered my comment without adding "pathetic".

Is it possible that you are so insecure?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 PM

146 posts, read 746,112 times
st. louie louie, to see how Monumental1 talks to people, just check out the last post here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/general-u-s/191346-what-states-play-most-video-games-2.html
Serious man, ignore this piece of crap; he's a troll.

EDIT: Strange, the link doesn't seem to work for me. Just check out that thread, page 2 scroll down.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 PM

4,383 posts, read 15,036,042 times
OMG!! Oregon is in NO way the most boring state!! And i speak from experience (i've been to every state). If you want a city, go to beautiful Portland, and YES, that IS a true`city, and I know you say you dislike it

Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 PM

I have travelled the US extensively (by car). I enjoyed the small roads of Oregon, it's mountains, seashore, forests and Portland very much.

I'll reiterate, there is not a boring state, only boring people. Some are even insecure.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 PM

14 posts, read 39,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOR View Post
st. louie louie, to see how Monumental1 talks to people, just check out the last post here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/general-u-s/191346-what-states-play-most-video-games-2.html
Serious man, ignore this piece of crap; he's a troll.

EDIT: Strange, the link doesn't seem to work for me. Just check out that thread, page 2 scroll down.
GreenOR,
As a Portland native I am ashamed and embarrassed that you even live in our great state. I am glad however you are not in Portland, but actually in Corvallis because obnoxious people like you are not wanted.

Monumental1 proved you wrong on a laughable claim that Portland is more of a Tech power than Seattle and you got defensive. (I should know our tech industry is bad Iíve been out of work for two years)

You have defaced our townís good reputation and embarrassed yourself beyond belief. I almost cringed at your outrageous post. I love Portland. I ask you to have the decency and respect to represent our town and state better, or please donít even claim it.

Also: The drive up I-5 in Oregon is a bit boring, but Portland is not. IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City