U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 69,423,575 times
Reputation: 10115

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGuyOR View Post
GreenOR,
As a Portland native I am ashamed and embarrassed that you even live in our great state. I am glad however you are not in Portland, but actually in Corvallis because obnoxious people like you are not wanted.
And boy am I glad I dont live in OR because of people like yourself who are "ashamed" of other people for having an opinion. And youre better than GreenOR because??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, CA
288 posts, read 1,243,748 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
Do not call me pathetic.

Have you been to every state?
Have you been to every place in Oregon?
And since you haven't, then why post a negative comment at all.

I find the thread negative and stupid. No I don't want you to lie. I do however think you should stop acting like a butt head. You could have very easily answered my comment without adding "pathetic".

Is it possible that you are so insecure?
Some of you people are very interesting:

First out of nowhere, you call me a boring individual, then a butt head, and now insecure.

Don't start something then curl up and cry when someone responds to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
14 posts, read 40,088 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
And boy am I glad I dont live in OR because of people like yourself who are "ashamed" of other people for having an opinion. And youre better than GreenOR because??????
I'm not better than you or anyone for that matter.

If itís ok to have an opinion then why are posters attacking people for having one? I think itís embarrassing and ignorant. (And thatís my opinion) Is that OK with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Corvallis, OR
146 posts, read 754,889 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGuyOR View Post
GreenOR,
As a Portland native I am ashamed and embarrassed that you even live in our great state. I am glad however you are not in Portland, but actually in Corvallis because obnoxious people like you are not wanted.

Monumental1 proved you wrong on a laughable claim that Portland is more of a Tech power than Seattle and you got defensive. (I should know our tech industry is bad I’ve been out of work for two years)

You have defaced our town’s good reputation and embarrassed yourself beyond belief. I almost cringed at your outrageous post. I love Portland. I ask you to have the decency and respect to represent our town and state better, or please don’t even claim it.

Also: The drive up I-5 in Oregon is a bit boring, but Portland is not. IMHO
Honestly, are you Monumental1 with a different name? I already conceded to the fact that Monumental1 was right, or did you not see that? I can admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong. I've said it. However, my problem with Monumental1 is not that he proved me wrong, but how he treats people who disagree with him. That is what my post was about. Anyway, I actually liked your name. Good choice for a name Monumental1. I imagine if the mods were to actually look, Monumental1 and PNWGuyOR would have the exact same IP .

Hey, PNWGuyOR, what is the street in NW Portland with all the really nice shops / bars? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
14 posts, read 40,088 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOR View Post
Honestly, are you Monumental1 with a different name? I already conceded to the fact that Monumental1 was right, or did you not see that? I can admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong. I've said it. However, my problem with Monumental1 is not that he proved me wrong, but how he treats people who disagree with him. That is what my post was about. Anyway, I actually liked your name. Good choice for a name Monumental1. I imagine if the mods were to actually look, Monumental1 and PNWGuyOR would have the exact same IP .

Hey, PNWGuyOR, what is the street in NW Portland with all the really nice shops / bars? Just curious.
I usually frequent W Burnside ST (Powellís book store) or anywhere around Pioneer Courthouse Square (SW Broadway, 6th ave or Yamhill ST)

In the Pearl Ė I frequent Glisan st or 12th Ave. You should try the Tea zone /Camellia lounge. (I love the purple lounge couches)

Westmoreland is more of my style. I like a place called Caprial Bistro over on Bybee Blvd.

What areas do you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Triangle, North Carolina
2,819 posts, read 9,377,660 times
Reputation: 1504
Default Boring

Georgia, Atlanta area.

Outside of sitting in traffic, you can dine at many chain restaurants, shop at many Wal Marts, and tour many developments.

Now other parts of Georgia are not boring, however, you cannot get out of the Atlanta traffic to go anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, CA
288 posts, read 1,243,748 times
Reputation: 113
St Louie Louie you say "I find the thread negative and stupid"

Why take the time to post in the thread and only add negativity to it then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 PM
 
Location: State of Superior
8,628 posts, read 13,894,284 times
Reputation: 2770
The state you are in now..........mind that is !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,528 posts, read 5,714,742 times
Reputation: 640
MONTANA, oh god... it has nice scenery but my god... There is like no diversity, atop of that there are like no people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
 
Location: State of Superior
8,628 posts, read 13,894,284 times
Reputation: 2770
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
MONTANA, oh god... it has nice scenery but my god... There is like no diversity, atop of that there are like no people...
Cool Man....... I had a like ,friend, stop by last week , from , like , Billings.. we had an, like awesome talk, over the coolest , like pizza. He was a Mormon like dude , with one arm.........nice chat after 10 years , no see.......... big sky country , great place to chill.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top