U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,717,873 times

Advertisements

yeah... ok, so maybe big city life wise Montana sucks... are you ok because you sentences are a bit hard to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,331,876 times
I think montana's fun! Lots of outdoorsy things to do - and I love helena, great place

Old 11-15-2007, 12:16 AM

8,628 posts, read 13,905,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Georgia, Atlanta area.

Outside of sitting in traffic, you can dine at many chain restaurants, shop at many Wal Marts, and tour many developments.

Now other parts of Georgia are not boring, however, you cannot get out of the Atlanta traffic to go anywhere else.
Sort of like the Boston Subway.MTA......used to be, EH ? Thats too bad. Sherman burnt it down once , and , they just had..to rebuild it. Some other great places you could go , are, Grady Hospital- fun place to watch all the gang sparing events,Atlanta Airport terminal- to watch em tow away all the parked cars,De kalb County Court House- theres always a shooting going on,and , when you finally get out of playing in the traffic , the Buckhead Dinner , tell em I sent ya......great food .

Old 11-15-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
yeah... ok, so maybe big city life wise Montana sucks... are you ok because you sentences are a bit hard to understand.
Ya. sorry , had something stuck...

Old 11-15-2007, 08:43 AM

570 posts, read 1,815,011 times
Monumental1, I never called you boring. I responded to your post about Oregon because you keep knocking it and it's residents down while building up Seattle and yourself. And my response to your post wasn't even negative, just a point. And you call me pathetic.

And the tread is stupid. No one here is expert enough to call a whole state boring. And you're making your judgement from an interstate highway.

Let's leave it alone. Deal??

Old 11-15-2007, 09:36 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,271,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
Monumental1, I never called you boring. I responded to your post about Oregon because you keep knocking it and it's residents down while building up Seattle and yourself. And my response to your post wasn't even negative, just a point. And you call me pathetic.

And the tread is stupid. No one here is expert enough to call a whole state boring. And you're making your judgement from an interstate highway.

Let's leave it alone. Deal??
why would anybody knock Oregon...nice coast, Portland is a nice city, Eugene is a great place to go to College, Eastern Oregon is wonderful. Seattle is in the fine state of Washington which is equilly as great a state. The Washington State Coast line is not a nice as Oregon though. My favorite city is Bellingham.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 AM

266 posts, read 1,221,595 times
The banter over Oregon has been, if nothing else, somewhat entertaining, and actually quite enlightening.

That said, my two cents is this: Oregon is definitely NOT the most boring state, especially if you are of the fly-fishing persuasion like myself.

Agreed with all those who feel this thread, as well as the "Which state could the U.S. live without" thread are really just pretty dumb.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
why would anybody knock Oregon...nice coast, Portland is a nice city, Eugene is a great place to go to College, Eastern Oregon is wonderful. Seattle is in the fine state of Washington which is equilly as great a state. The Washington State Coast line is not a nice as Oregon though. My favorite city is Bellingham.
I thought Bellingham was a real nice city. Spent a few days there , and , fresh berries , WOW ! Everywhere, farmers market , had raspberries the size of thimbles. Then there was a little deli type place in a strip mall ,......the best fresh red raspberry pie, with a choc. covered crust base , and , I swear , it was 10" high.!........nice shops , quaint, ( sort of ), lots of hippies ,.....but ,. I could live there I think.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM

146 posts, read 755,020 times
Alright, this is my thing; I live in the supposed most boring state ever: Oregon, and I simply love it here. Now, I have also lived in Montana too, and while I didn't enjoy living there, because the lack of cities, I can honestly say that it's a state filled with beauty and many outdoor activities. I have never been in a state with more outdoor enthusiasts than Montana. In the Summer, we'd all get together with a bunch of tubes, tie them together, throw some beer in the middle, and float down the river. It was a lot of fun. I really don't think there's such thing as a boring state, honestly.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM

570 posts, read 1,815,011 times
Different people prefer to live in different environments. Some like big cities with museums, restaurants, shopping and all that. Some prefer to live away from traffic, noise, crowds and all that. They may like to visit bigger cities, maybe not. That's okay.

But to say that a whole state is boring is just uneducated ranter. And to say you don't like a state because of what you saw from your car on an interstate is just idiotic. And especially so if you haven't been to all the areas of all fifty states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City