U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-16-2007, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, CA
288 posts, read 1,243,518 times
Reputation: 113

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
Different people prefer to live in different environments. Some like big cities with museums, restaurants, shopping and all that. Some prefer to live away from traffic, noise, crowds and all that. They may like to visit bigger cities, maybe not. That's okay.

But to say that a whole state is boring is just uneducated ranter. And to say you don't like a state because of what you saw from your car on an interstate is just idiotic. And especially so if you haven't been to all the areas of all fifty states.
St Louie Louie its post like these that get you a response of being called “Pathetic”

First you say, “I never called you boring I only responded to you belittling Oregon while making Seattle look good”

Show me how you came to that conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
The most boring state I've ever been to is Oregon. It's pretty much forest the length of the state going up I-5, plus I'm a city guy and there is no city in the state worth while IMO. Others might have a different opinion.
Show me where Seattle is even metioned in that statement.

Your response was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
You just won't let up on Oregon, will you?

There is no such thing as the most boring state. There is such a thing as a boring individual visiting a state.
Why was that necessary?

Then you continue on a rant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post

I find the thread negative and stupid. No I don't want you to lie. I do however think you should stop acting like a butt head. You could have very easily answered my comment without adding "pathetic".

Is it possible that you are so insecure?
and again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
I have travelled the US extensively (by car). I enjoyed the small roads of Oregon, it's mountains, seashore, forests and Portland very much.

I'll reiterate, there is not a boring state, only boring people. Some are even insecure.
This one is very interesting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
Monumental1, I never called you boring. I responded to your post about Oregon because you keep knocking it and it's residents down while building up Seattle and yourself. And my response to your post wasn't even negative, just a point. And you call me pathetic.

And the tread is stupid. No one here is expert enough to call a whole state boring. And you're making your judgement from an interstate highway.

Let's leave it alone. Deal??
But you didn't leave it alone, instead you started with a whole new rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
But to say that a whole state is boring is just uneducated ranter. And to say you don't like a state because of what you saw from your car on an interstate is just idiotic. And especially so if you haven't been to all the areas of all fifty states.
All of your post was nothing more than vicious attacks simultaneously contradicting and embarrassing yourself all at the same time. I feel no need to throw insults your way, belittle, or embarrass you and others, you’ve achieved this all on your own.

Just like I find Oregon boring some people might not like St Louis and would never live there. It’s just an opinion everyone is entitled to one. Is Oregon or anyplace so great that no one can find it boring, or not desirable? We all have different taste. People get real.

PS Quit mentioning Seattle so much.....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 AM
 
Location: State of Superior
8,628 posts, read 13,888,154 times
Reputation: 2770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post


What?
I know ,.....its hard to see.....from those small car side windows........lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
 
Location: LaSalle Park / St. Louis
570 posts, read 1,813,831 times
Reputation: 254
Monumental
--I was not referring to you when I spoke of boring individuals, really.
--I was not referring only to you when I said that you can't make a judgement about a state from an interstate highway, really.
--You have been belittling Oregon & Portland while building up Seattle in other posts and to a point, that's okay, but understand that you are insulting someone, really.
--And I would like to end our little tirades, really
--And the next time we disagree, let's do it intellingently and with grace, cool?

As a simple peace offering, I will add that I think Seattle is a well done city, the hills, the water, the architecture, the urban density.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA / Los Angeles, CA
288 posts, read 1,243,518 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
Monumental
--I was not referring to you when I spoke of boring individuals, really.
--I was not referring only to you when I said that you can't make a judgement about a state from an interstate highway, really.
--You have been belittling Oregon & Portland while building up Seattle in other posts and to a point, that's okay, but understand that you are insulting someone, really.
--And I would like to end our little tirades, really
--And the next time we disagree, let's do it intellingently and with grace, cool?

As a simple peace offering, I will add that I think Seattle is a well done city, the hills, the water, the architecture, the urban density.
Belittling other towns while trying to build my town up or myself is still an untrue statement that has no merit with me. We can however squash this and move on.

Calmer heads prevail…………………..this post is much more of an acceptable form of communication.

Ditto to your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
39 posts, read 60,909 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
So Texas should have a greater amount of people because it's a large state?O_o....Last time I checked the size of a state didn't attract people, it is what you find in the state that does.

Jobs attract people to Texas. It's not what's IN the state that does, because if that were the case, nobody would move there from the outside unless they had to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 PM
 
Location: State of Superior
8,628 posts, read 13,888,154 times
Reputation: 2770
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubosa View Post
Jobs attract people to Texas. It's not what's IN the state that does, because if that were the case, nobody would move there from the outside unless they had to.
Big OIL......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Central Iowa - Ankeny
337 posts, read 1,386,240 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrySRA View Post
The most boring states are Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas.
Those are my top 3 favorite states! (Colorado following..) Ah, to each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Where you wish you lived, LA
304 posts, read 828,881 times
Reputation: 136
ILLINOIS


LOCK.CLOSE.


que steve -o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 12:20 AM
 
Location: New Mexico to Texas
4,552 posts, read 13,454,505 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubosa View Post
Jobs attract people to Texas. It's not what's IN the state that does, because if that were the case, nobody would move there from the outside unless they had to.


I would move to Texas willingly, I like the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 01:13 AM
 
Location: Tampa Bay
1,020 posts, read 3,068,525 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKing67 View Post
That's not really true, Ohio is considered mostly plains but the eastern and southern parts are slightly affected by the Appalachian Mountains so it's somewhat hilly in those areas.
Ohio is not even remotely close to being mostly plains. Only the northwest portion of the state is flat. Everywhere else is hilly, and in the southeast its hilly to small mountainous. Ohio is rolling hills, and valleys. You can find cliffs all over the state except for the northwest part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top