U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:37 AM

1,872 posts, read 5,652,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Colorado
Tell me about it! This stuff is so boring!

http://www.syedfaisal.com/Photo_Albums/Glass_Lake/Glass_Lake-22.jpg (broken link)

In fact, it's so boring, I fell asleep once!
http://www.syedfaisal.com/Photo_Albums/Summit-Weekend/Summit-Wknd-12.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 10:39 AM

2,368 posts, read 6,652,972 times
I ain't a big nature fan,Im into urban decay and big cities.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:23 PM

6 posts, read 40,139 times
Ohio is anything but flat. The scenery is definitely not boring. However, economy wise, NE Ohio is just an awful place to raise a family.
I think any "flat" state is boring when it comes to scenery. I loves mountains and hills and lots and lots of forest and trees. Never been a fan of cities and smog and overcrowded developments. Too many of those are sprouting up here and I've never found the appeal. I would much rather prefer a big house on several acres in the middle of nowhere with plenty of crops and livestock than a subdivision surrounded by asphalt and polluted skies and not to mention the noise. I guess "boring" is relative.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:52 PM

606 posts, read 2,732,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly8 View Post
Ohio is anything but flat. The scenery is definitely not boring. However, economy wise, NE Ohio is just an awful place to raise a family.
I think any "flat" state is boring when it comes to scenery. I loves mountains and hills and lots and lots of forest and trees. Never been a fan of cities and smog and overcrowded developments. Too many of those are sprouting up here and I've never found the appeal. I would much rather prefer a big house on several acres in the middle of nowhere with plenty of crops and livestock than a subdivision surrounded by asphalt and polluted skies and not to mention the noise. I guess "boring" is relative.
do you like lakes, and sand dunes?

Old 07-21-2007, 03:55 PM

578 posts, read 2,307,089 times
Default Ho-humm....never been there but

Never been there but I betcha Iowa, Utah, Nebraska, Idaho would make the NightLife: sitting on the porche watching the traffic light change.

Yeah, commercials are good for showng the state parks & tourist attractions but who lives in the State Park all the time?

Old 07-21-2007, 03:57 PM

Yes, boring is 'relative' or mostly 'SUBJECTIVE". It depends on whatcha wanna do; watch tv, settle down w/family. Or make it big time in the Business industry? Boring to BE THERE? boring to LOOK AT? boring for NIGHTLIFE, DANCING? GAMBLING? SPORTS STADIUMS?

Old 07-21-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Tell me about it! This stuff is so boring!

http://www.syedfaisal.com/Photo_Albums/Glass_Lake/Glass_Lake-22.jpg (broken link)

In fact, it's so boring, I fell asleep once!
http://www.syedfaisal.com/Photo_Albums/Summit-Weekend/Summit-Wknd-12.jpg (broken link)
Okay, like they said ITS SUBJECTIVE...apparently looking at a big old mountain is nice for a few minutes; then what? take a pic, lets go home now.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:08 PM

16 posts, read 72,227 times
Iowa: it's basically one giant corn field...the people seemed very nice though.

Nebraska: All but the extreme Western part with the rolling hills and buttes...flat, boring, not much going on in the rest of the state.

Kansas: All but the extreme Eastern part

Most of the central part of North Carolina is boring, but there are mountains in the west, the Outer Banks and beaches in the East, and Chapel Hill seemed like a decent place. The rest is flat and tobacco farms which is extremely boring.

Ohio isn't too bad, either. It has some flat areas, but also forests, cities, and a Great Lake.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
apparently looking at a big old mountain is nice for a few minutes; then what? take a pic, lets go home now.
Wow. I am speechless.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
Never been there but I betcha Iowa, Utah, Nebraska, Idaho would make the NightLife: sitting on the porche watching the traffic light change.
You just crack me up. Eagerly awaiting your next insightful and expert opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City