U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM

606 posts, read 2,777,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke66 View Post
Illinois, s. dakota, california, texas
I visited all three in the past except for s. dakota and all the three i visited where boring.Texas just a boring desert, California some spots are good alot is boring residential streets, illinois is just a flat boring state, nothing to see. outside chicago, there is nothing but a boring state. no wilderness, mountains, lakes, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,060,365 times
Quote:
I visited all three in the past except for s. dakota and all the three i visited where boring.Texas just a boring desert, California some spots are good alot is boring residential streets, illinois is just a flat boring state, nothing to see. outside chicago, there is nothing but a boring state. no wilderness, mountains, lakes, etc.
There is no desert in the state of Texas geologically. Good try, you probably didn't spend no more than a week in the state to say what you are saying.

Quote:
Ummm,,, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here, and of the four he mentioned {Illinois, s. dakota, california, texas}, I am throw a guess that the one that is not one of the greatest would be the last one he listed?
What? Also, did you miss the 2nd largest Canyon in North America and the mountains and basin areas?

Old 07-23-2007, 05:13 PM

332 posts, read 359,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityKing59 View Post
LOL! A boring desert?....wow....try visiting more of Texas than just West Texas, its more than just a "boring desert".

Old 07-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Ummm,,, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here, and of the four he mentioned {Illinois, s. dakota, california, texas}, I am throw a guess that the one that is not one of the greatest would be the last one he listed?

That's your opinion but the booming population tells differently.....The second most populous state in the U.S. and still going strong.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:34 PM

606 posts, read 2,777,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
That's your opinion but the booming population tells differently.....The second most populous state in the U.S. and still going strong.
but also the second largest state in the country in area. if New York was that large of a state in area, it would have a pop of like 40,000,000! with a state that big it should at least have that amount of poeple.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:06 PM

12,284 posts, read 31,768,262 times
Quote:
but also the second largest state in the country in area. if New York was that large of a state in area, it would have a pop of like 40,000,000! with a state that big it should at least have that amount of poeple.
NJ would have 269,000,000!

Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,862,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
madmann,,, ummm,,, evidently my pisspoor attempt at humour was dashed upon the rocks.

Either that, or someone that goes by the moniker of a mad mann took that thar post a tad too serious...

Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
madmann,,, ummm,,, evidently my pisspoor attempt at humour was dashed upon the rocks.

Either that, or someone that goes by the moniker of a mad mann took that thar post a tad too serious...
Sorry,it's kinda hard to tell what is a joke and what is serious when Texas is bashed many times on here.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 PM

1,134 posts, read 914,023 times
Quote:
Alaska should have 806,825,832,449! You're so right!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
So Texas should have a greater amount of people because it's a large state?O_o....Last time I checked the size of a state didn't attract people, it is what you find in the state that does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City