U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,859,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
Sorry,it's kinda hard to tell what is a joke and what is serious when Texas is bashed many times on here.
no problem - I understand,,, fwiw, that is why I had the and the at the end of the post...

In any case, surely even a mad mann would even know that of those four states, Tejas for sure would not be one to (a) degrade, and/or (b) peeve off...

Anyhow, its all

San Antonio, btw, that is a very nice town. Love what little time I got to be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,280,822 times
Midstate Illinois and Iowa are fine. I'll take them over the I-81 Hick Corridor. Heck, I'd take West Virginia over that.

Ohio isn't boring. It leads the Midwest in high taxes, teenage pregnancy, and the dumpiest malls, car dealers, Burger Kings, and excuses for police patrols. Ohio is TOO exciting ... except for the area around Findlay and Lima, which is really boring, although Lima apparently has a high crime rate. I'm not allowed to bash it on the deck though ... my parents' neighbors in Michigan are from Findlay. They have a really "cool" accent though. Once again: Ohio isn't boring, it's exciting ... but so is getting thrown off an unmaintained ride at Six Flags.

It's hard to hate on Ohio. Ohio is all things to all people. You've got the Dennis Kucinich, Stephanie Tubbs Jones, Mentor/Painesville Northeast, the Findlay and Toledotucky Northwest, the All-Buckeye All-County Cow-Tipping Center, the Hocking Hills Hicks of the Southeast, and the Bob Taft & Procter n' a' Gamble Cincy. You can't hate on all of that ALL the time!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:25 PM

21,635 posts, read 30,238,989 times
Most boring state to me, no surprise, Texas

Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,875,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Most boring state to me, no surprise, Texas
Texas wasn't very boring last March when we came across I-40 in a storm wondering when the next lightning strike would be or how close we were to the tornado when we heard the warning on our car radio. It was also rather interesting to see the trucks after the tornado hit. One was on its side and the other looked like it had tried to climb a tree.

It was also not boring when we finally found a place to stay for the night and the storm found us again and the motel parking lot started filling up with water.

I will agree with the person who said North Carolina is boring. Sometimes boring is good. I think my blood pressure went down 30 points when we drove across the North Carolina line. Oh, those nice boring mountains!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,280,822 times
Never been to Texas, but I think it would be rather dull, like Oklahoma.

North Carolina was rather interesting. Mountains, piedmont, and ocean.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 AM

332 posts, read 359,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post

Please don't compare Texas to Oklahoma lol....totally different.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 AM

655 posts, read 2,099,140 times
Quote:
I'm not allowed to bash it on the deck though ... my parents' neighbors in Michigan are from Findlay.
Really? What's their last name. There's a good chance I know them or who they are.

BTW, I really couldn't care less what you think of my hometown. That's your opinion, and if it keeps you out of the city that's even a bigger plus for me! XD

Old 07-24-2007, 08:11 AM

18,637 posts, read 27,042,193 times
Quote:

Completely different state from Oklahoma. The immediate areas bordering Oklahoma may look the same. But the more you get away from Oklahoma, the more different it is.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,122,019 times
I have to say Pennsylvania is just pretty depressing all around . Lots of jerk water towns. Not much beauty.

Every time I cross that line from Maryland into PA, I get a sick feeling.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,122,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickmyster View Post
ohio and virginia
Virginia boring? Thats almost an oxymoron. Virginia has everything. Great climate, the beach, the mountains, beautiful plantations, great looking women, wineries, fox hunts, live music towns, college towns, did I mention history??? Not only that- you're pretty much within a day's drive to everything. Close enough to the deeper South- yet close enough to New York and the large northern cities.

The natural beauty of Virginia is only rivaled by North Carolina or Tennessee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City