Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM

205 posts, read 298,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Texas and Vegas are pretty damn high up there.

Again, I can't recall seeing an abnormal number of luxury cars in Boston despite its affluence, and LA > NYC, probably just due to the fact that LA and the greater LA area are arguably the epicenter of American car culture.

The affluent in NYC are probably as likely to have a contract with a Town Car service as they are to actually own a sedan outright.
I doubt people on Long Island or Westchester County or Fairfield County or NNJ rely on town cars to get aroud.

I'm pretty sure NYC metro overall has the most luxury cars. Most People who personally own cars in Manhattan don't drive them daily, but look in a parking garage anywhere and it's filled with high end cars. But every other car there in Manhattan on the street seems like a luxury car anyway. Often with a chauffeur behind the wheel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Miami wins hands down for per capita, for its size, its truly one hell of a piece of work for car lovers. Another reason I envy the Vice City. But hey, my city isn't all too bad itself either, well one of them isn't haha.
danny what do u drive? a phantom or a ferrari?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM

205 posts, read 298,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_LAX View Post
Actually the L.A. MSA has 3 Lamborghini dealerships (Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, North Los Angeles)

For your Ferrari dealerships, it looks like (all by CSA):

- New York 4 (Long Island, Middlesex County, Greenwich, Spring Valley)
- L.A. 3 (Calabasas, Beverly Hills, Newport Beach)
- South Florida 3 (Coral Gables, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach)
- Bay Area 2 (Silicon Valley, San Francisco)
- Chicago 2 (Lake Forest, Hinsdale)

Those are the only metros with multiple Ferrari dealerships.

And for Bentley:

- New York 4 (Greenwich, Morris County, Long Island, Manhattan)
- L.A. 4 (Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Pasadena, Palm Springs)
- South Florida 3 (Miami, Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale)
- Bay Area 2 (Silicon Valley, San Francisco)
- Chicago 2 (Chicago, Downers Grove)

...And Lotus:

- New York 6 (Milltown, Long Island, Manhattan, Maywood, Branford, Watertown)
- L.A. 4 (Thousand Oaks, Van Nuys, Newport Beach, Palm Springs)
- Bay Area 3 (San Francisco, Redwood City, Los Gatos)
- South Florida 2 (Miami Beach, Pompano Beach)
- Chicago 2 (Fox Valley, Lake Forest)

Shouldn't NYC metro be 6 when it comes to Ferrari? There is a Ferrari showroom on Park Avenue in Manhattan.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
danny what do u drive? a phantom or a ferrari?
Infiniti M35

I don't have the best car at home. My mother, father, & brother all have better cars than me. Even my girlfriend has a better car than me (Tesla), haha. I don't judge people by what they drive at all, but I am a car lover, and like seeing nice and exotic cars (and rare ones) as much as possible.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
I doubt people on Long Island or Westchester County or Fairfield County or NNJ rely on town cars to get aroud.

I'm pretty sure NYC metro overall has the most luxury cars. Most People who personally own cars in Manhattan don't drive them daily, but look in a parking garage anywhere and it's filled with high end cars. But every other car there in Manhattan on the street seems like a luxury car anyway. Often with a chauffeur behind the wheel.
Thats what i was saying earlier. nice post.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
LA, Houston, Miami/SoFlo and NYC are the first to come to mind

Cincinnati doesn't have much of a high-end car scene from what I've seen.
after reading this thread it seems as if most of the midwest does not have a high-end car scene.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
after reading this thread it seems as if most of the midwest does not have a high-end car scene.
No it doesn't, which is disappointing. Take it from me, living in Chicago and expecting to see something exotic, yeah it doesn't work that way. Same with Boston, Washington DC, & Philadelphia. Exotic cars in these 4 cities are just not as visually abundant as they are in other places.

You'll see a lot of exotic cars in Bloomfield Hills, MI (Detroit Suburb) & Winnetka, IL (Chicago Suburb) with both being very affluent suburbs.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't, which is disappointing. Take it from me, living in Chicago and expecting to see something exotic, yeah it doesn't work that way. Same with Boston, Washington DC, & Philadelphia. Exotic cars in these 4 cities are just not as visually abundant as they are in other places.
Ass for the midwest if Chicago doesn't have a high end car scene then i could only imagine the other cities.

Im a bit surprised at Philly because i know the drug dealers in Philly tend to have high end cars lol, and philly being close to high end dealers i would of thought they would have high end cars in their streets.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Ass for the midwest if Chicago doesn't have a high end car scene then i could only imagine the other cities.

Im a bit surprised at Philly because i know the drug dealers in Philly tend to have high end cars lol, and philly being close to high end dealers i would of thought they would have high end cars in their streets.
Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, & Boston probably have areas where they have a good show for exotic cars, but it is not something you'll see on all 4 sides of the city or anywhere.

For Chicago, you'll see them mostly centered around places like Winnetka, Evanston, River North. For Philadelphia, some of the mainline suburbs. For Washington DC, some around Bresthada, Alexandria, & Arlington. Don't know the neighborhoods for Boston in particular though outside of Back Bay, Newbury, Essex, Beverly, and a few others.

When I spent time in the Bay Area, I would see exotic cars spread out, in San Jose, in San Francisco, in Palo Alto, in Mountain View. In Los Angeles its concentrated to a few areas but its pretty spread out, with Los Angeles depending on which part of the city, you'll either see them a lot or never, but in large areas, its hard not ever running into them.

With Miami, you see them quite often, but mostly centered around high end areas like Star Island, Bal Harbour, and stuff like that and its extremely hard not running into one in Miami.

For Houston its weird, but you'll see some in The Woodlands, Katy, Royal Oaks, River Oaks, Sugar Land, Piney Woods, Uptown, parts of Pearland, parts of Missouri City, & parts of Clear Lake. So basically on 3 out of 4 sides, and its hard not ever seeing one in Houston.

With Dallas-Fort Worth, you'll see them around South Lake, Grapevine, on MacArthur in Irving, & Uptown.

With New York, its a bit self explanatory for this one haha.

I haven't spent much time in Atlanta to comment about it at all, but maybe someone who has been can pitch in.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, & Boston probably have areas where they have a good show for exotic cars, but it is not something you'll see on all 4 sides of the city or anywhere.

For Chicago, you'll see them mostly centered around places like Winnetka, Evanston, River North. For Philadelphia, some of the mainline suburbs. For Washington DC, some around Bresthada, Alexandria, & Arlington. Don't know the neighborhoods for Boston in particular though outside of Back Bay, Newbury, Essex, Beverly, and a few others.

When I spent time in the Bay Area, I would see exotic cars spread out, in San Jose, in San Francisco, in Palo Alto, in Mountain View. In Los Angeles its concentrated to a few areas but its pretty spread out, with Los Angeles depending on which part of the city, you'll either see them a lot or never, but in large areas, its hard not ever running into them.

With Miami, you see them quite often, but mostly centered around high end areas like Star Island, Bal Harbour, and stuff like that and its extremely hard not running into one in Miami.

For Houston its weird, but you'll see some in The Woodlands, Katy, Royal Oaks, River Oaks, Sugar Land, Piney Woods, Uptown, parts of Pearland, parts of Missouri City, & parts of Clear Lake. So basically on 3 out of 4 sides, and its hard not ever seeing one in Houston.

With Dallas-Fort Worth, you'll see them around South Lake, Grapevine, on MacArthur in Irving, & Uptown.

With New York, its a bit self explanatory for this one haha.

I haven't spent much time in Atlanta to comment about it at all, but maybe someone who has been can pitch in.

yea about that...how is the high end car scene out in the bay? any pics??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City