U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which is better
District of Columbia 81 80.20%
San Jose 20 19.80%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-20-2011, 11:39 AM

5,541 posts, read 9,190,892 times
Haha, you're so mad that Californians support hockey regardless of race. Time to go find a sport that's whiter.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM

1,169 posts, read 2,144,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Haha, you're so mad that Californians support hockey regardless of race. Time to go find a sport that's whiter.
I agree man. Growing up in SJ, I have known many die-hard SJ Sharks fans of all different races. Personally, I know a diehard fans of Filipino, Indian, Persian backgrounds.

Unread 02-20-2011, 12:54 PM

1,106 posts, read 977,102 times
Quote:
oh bullcrap. i wasn't even thinking about race when i said san jose fans are stupid if they think they're anywhere close to as rowdy to compare to places i've been and if you seriously think that i was then you're delusional. i'm not in denial like you; i have the common sense to know that hockey is a white majority sport whether it's in san jose or friggin boston. and the fact that you are trying to act like you have some diverse little utopia up in the san jose stands is laughable. wow, 2 asian computer geeks in your section out not for the game as much as to relax and enjoy the only sport (and some sort of nightlife) san jose has to offer vs 298 white people in the same section. you must be proud.

Unread 02-20-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Pullah View Post
What the hell is so fascinating hockey?
most fun sport to play and...

Unread 02-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
I agree man. Growing up in SJ, I have known many die-hard SJ Sharks fans of all different races. Personally, I know a diehard fans of Filipino, Indian, Persian backgrounds.
i'm not denying that there are a few real fans of other races but to sit here and act like san jose is the embodiment of diversity in hockey is a joke. it's no different in that it's majority white than almost every other city with a hockey team.

i was in buffalo for a hockey game, saw a few blacks and arabs there. but does 5% of an arena being non white make it this diverse bastion? uh, no.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 02-20-2011 at 01:42 PM..

Unread 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
i'm not in denial like you; i have the common sense to know that hockey is a white majority sport whether it's in san jose or friggin boston.
That was never the point of contention. You said that hockey could not possibly be successful in a place with this ethnic makeup. That's a very different statement.

Unread 02-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
That was never the point of contention. You said that hockey could not possibly be successful in a place with this ethnic makeup. That's a very different statement.
no, i never said that it was impossible to be successful. obviously hockey is successful in these places including la or else they would get the hell out of there. but i am saying that hockey is a white majority sport and anybody who thinks that san jose fans are so mixed that i should be amazed at their diversity is out of their mind and that there is no city out west with hockey fans as rowdy as there are in the northeast, upper midwest, and canada. you can sell tickets anywhere in this country just about, they sell tickets in phx. but does that make a phoenix game "rowdy?" hell no.

anybody denying any of the things i said above right here is in denial, doesn't know a thing about hockey, or has never been to a hockey game in places like buffalo or even a bar or restaurant around cities like buffalo on the night of a hockey game.

Unread 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM

4,199 posts, read 3,839,709 times
San Jose is not on DC's level in any way shape or form. It would make more sense to compare San Jose to NoVa.

Unread 02-21-2011, 06:36 PM

No, it really wouldn't. That's more like the 680 corridor.

Unread 02-21-2011, 08:53 PM

4,199 posts, read 3,839,709 times
Quote:
No, it really wouldn't. That's more like the 680 corridor.
Nah, the 680 corridor is like 12 suburbs, NoVa is much larger and its sprawl is a lot less confined by hills, like San Jose .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City