Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bridgeport, CT vs San Jose, CA
Bridgeport, CT MSA 16 50.00%
San Jose, CA MSA 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 PM

17 posts, read 20,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I love the East Coast for many reasons but its god awful, ghastly climate is most definitely NOT one of them.

Sorry, this is not a topic most unbiased persons would award to Bridgeport.

Not especially after that hideous snow and ice storm that just blew threw there and in the exact same day San Jose was pushing 80.
Everyone has their opinion..... I would take that blizzard over 80 anyday of the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Right because people are making snowmen during winter in LA, people are driving their Bentley's through a street lining trees with the colors of autumn, because LA has pollen and blossoming flowers at the start of spring and the precipitation to match, because LA apparently has four seasons, right?

None of the big California cities can give you a perfect four season climate, go and educate yourself on your states weather, you clearly dont get out much then again being on the computer seems to be what people in the bay spend most their time doing

Thats exactly what you have NO CLUE about. Californias cities have whats called micro climates, look that up. IOW, you can drive short distances and have drastically different weather. San Jose is 45 miles from San Francisco and the climate is totally different. Ive been in Palm Springs in 100 degree weather and taken the tram up the mountain where there was snow.

California is green and flowery right now, yes its true. When its hot in NYC, watcha gonna do........you're going to suffer thats what. When its cold in NYC, whatcha gonna do, your gonna suffer.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Right because people are making snowmen during winter in LA, people are driving their Bentley's through a street lining trees with the colors of autumn, because LA has pollen and blossoming flowers at the start of spring and the precipitation to match, because LA apparently has four seasons, right?

None of the big California cities can give you a perfect four season climate, go and educate yourself on your states weather, you clearly dont get out much then again being on the computer seems to be what people in the bay spend most their time doing

And then you still have the brass balls to act like you know what you're talking about rofl. The only thing you have a clue about is the lack of snow... how did you ever manage to convince yourself that autumn doesn't happen here? This comment is so stupid on so many levels...

And since when did LA become the entire west coast?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 PM

239 posts, read 305,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So are we comparing San Jose to Midtown Manhattan or Bridgeport, CT?
I guess you missed this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
There is more to do in Northern California than the entire tri state area. Easily. How many times are ya going to go to the museum!
What does the entire Tri State or Northern California have to do with Bridgeport or San Jose MSA?

Of course you wouldn't bother questioning this poster for his/her off topic comment because you're a fellow west coast booster.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
And then you still have the brass balls to act like you know what you're talking about rofl. The only thing you have a clue about is the lack of snow... how did you ever manage to convince yourself that autumn doesn't happen here? This comment is so stupid on so many levels...

And since when did LA become the entire west coast?
it doesn't, autumn in the bay area = your indian summer. california in general, esp the coastal areas has a wet/dry mediterannean climate, not a continental 4 season...unless you are referring to daylight hours or earths tilt, but that isn't the same thing. smh

I've always thought such concern about "perfect" weather to be obnoxiously shallow anyhow.

It is a tell tell sign between the differences in cultures though.

sf is cool, lmao comparing bay area museums to nyc though, ...hilarious. as was the list of San Jose museums. But this is about Bridgeport, so I digress. Let's get back to Bridgeport vs San Jose instead of California vs Tri State Area or SF vs NYC.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,703 times
Quote:
For the country's supposed 10th largest city, what is there to do in San Jose? What is in San Jose that you cant find anywhere else? Seems like its the posterchild for monotonous carbon copy city more than being a city with a real identity
When you live in the city, it doesn't really matter what the "tourist attractions" are.

At least my carbon copy city is safe and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
it doesn't, autumn in the bay area = your indian summer. california in general, esp the coastal areas has a wet/dry mediterannean climate, not a continental 4 season... smh

I've always thought such concern about "perfect" weather to be obnoxiously shallow anyhow.

Wait, liking a Mediterranean climate makes a person shallow? I rather like wearing shorts and flip flops in January. I've been out east in the winter, talk about ass ugly and miserable.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 PM

818 posts, read 1,388,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Thats exactly what you have NO CLUE about. Californias cities have whats called micro climates, look that up. IOW, you can drive short distances and have drastically different weather. San Jose is 45 miles from San Francisco and the climate is totally different. Ive been in Palm Springs in 100 degree weather and taken the tram up the mountain where there was snow.

California is green and flowery right now, yes its true. When its hot in NYC, watcha gonna do........you're going to suffer thats what. When its cold in NYC, whatcha gonna do, your gonna suffer.
See here gents, I know California, I am from there and couldnt wait to leave it, it just doesnt have a city like NYC. Sorry

The bay area is gorgeous as is all of California but I dont much care for the hiking and surfing activities, for me a coastal setting is being in a 50 story tower and looking on the horizon of endless water from one of the (if not the most) powerful city in the world. Nothing in California can come close to that feeling

Also enough of this micro climate talk, IDGAF what climate you have, climate I want from stepping into my balcony, I want it immediately for the season its meant to be, why would I drive from mountain to ocean to experience different climates? Do you think most people have that kind of time?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
it doesn't, autumn in the bay area = your indian summer.

Indian summer only happens sometimes, and autumn definitely happens on the peninsula. I lived there 14 years... have definitely seen plenty of red leaves in october.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAC NY View Post
I guess you missed this post...

What does the entire Tri State or Northern California have to do with Bridgeport or San Jose MSA?

Of course you wouldn't bother questioning this poster for his/her off topic comment because you're a fellow west coast booster.
Why are you asking? I know you already know. These threads dont exist in a vacuum. This is a troll thread, some kinda freaky dog pile on San Jose.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 PM

239 posts, read 305,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
When you live in the city, it doesn't really matter what the "tourist attractions" are.

At least my carbon copy city is safe and clean.
Fort Worth Texas and Mobile Alabama are also relatively safe and clean.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City