Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Bos-Wash/Northeast 85 55.56%
TX, CA, FL 68 44.44%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,454,507 times

Advertisements

*fart*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 09:13 PM

364 posts, read 615,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Not really. California is an officially recognized state. "BosWash" is an obscure nickname for a region of states that individually would get tossed around like a rag doll by California. THAT'S a Voltron. How sad is that btw? You guys had all the advantages that come with being colonized first, yet here you are, banding together like Power Rangers to take one one of the younger states in the union. How sad. You should be grateful the Pilgrims didn't land here first. The Northeast would be protected parkland right now.
Ray. I appreciate stating the obvious. I think everyone knows Cali is a state and Bos-wash is a region. California literally gets raped by Boswash, which is why the Cali boosters all stick to opinionated things like "weather" and "recreational activities". Boswash destroys Cali on importance, stick to hippie things like vegetables and weather. How sad. This is truly sad. California has more space, but is still less desirable and still less populated. I do think it is cute California has their own voltron. SJ, SF, SD, LA, Sac equals VOLTRON ALERT. You should be glad for that gold rush or else there would still be cowboys on horses in LA! To a New Yorker - LA is nothing but a beach vacation, sort of like a Miami lol

My point is made in the thread and I'm ready for others to chime in - Have a nice day ray

Last edited by Cold As War; 06-03-2013 at 09:28 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 11:50 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,830,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold As War View Post
California literally gets raped by Boswash,
This sounds serious.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:54 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,490,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Why do you say Sports scene goes to Northeast?
3 of the top 5 best sports cities are in the northeast in Boston, Philadelphia, and New York -- at least IMO.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:00 AM

6,840 posts, read 10,878,613 times
Comparison makes no sense.

For example, one can like parts of Florida (like Miami) but have no care for other areas of it (like Tallahassee). I suppose you could say Florida is my favorite state in the country because it has Miami, my favorite city but the truth is that I really don't care for outside of Southeast Florida and maybe Tampa. So what does the rest of Florida do for me?

How about the other places in this comparison? I mean in Bos-Wash, if you readily furnished a unit in some high rise for me to live in all the cities in the corridor, I suppose I could be satisfied with Boston and Washington, especially as I live in one of them now as it is. Big cities, offer enough to get by day to day really. Would love New York for sure but outside of those three, what makes me even care for the rest of the places in this corridor? I mean, not to sound like a broken record and while hate is a strong word, I really do dislike the rest very much so.

How about Texas and California? I mean I suppose I could conjure up enough pride and do a life in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Antonio, and Bay Area, like I said for Boston and Washington, big cities with lots of things I could find myself into on a day to day basis but the real gems for me in California and Texas are San Diego and Austin.

Greh, I suppose I'd go with CA/FL/TX on the poll since the places I truly do like (San Diego, Austin, Miami, New York) are 3-1 in favor of CA/FL/TX rather than a Bos-Wash. Climatically, it's not even close the CA/TX/FL is way better for me by FAR. To be fair, a Boston, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Washington, Bay Area, even San Antonio, Sacramento, and Tampa are all cool with me. The rest? Yeah, no, not ever.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 AM

485 posts, read 866,348 times
Quote:
DC-Baltimore-Philly-NY-Boston vs SJ, SF, LA, SD, Sac....... Looks like Cali has their own "voltron"

Oh, I forget to mention the NE completes their voltron in a smaller space

#northeast=power
Quote:
Ray. I appreciate stating the obvious. I think everyone knows Cali is a state and Bos-wash is a region. California literally gets raped by Boswash, which is why the Cali boosters all stick to opinionated things like "weather" and "recreational activities". Boswash destroys Cali on importance, stick to hippie things like vegetables and weather. How sad. This is truly sad. California has more space, but is still less desirable and still less populated. I do think it is cute California has their own voltron. SJ, SF, SD, LA, Sac equals VOLTRON ALERT. You should be glad for that gold rush or else there would still be cowboys on horses in LA! To a New Yorker - LA is nothing but a beach vacation, sort of like a Miami lol

My point is made in the thread and I'm ready for others to chime in - Have a nice day ray
You're not even making sense. SJ, SF, SD, LA, SAC is not a "voltron" because they are all part of ONE STATE. How does one state count as a "voltron?" Surely you understand the difference between comparing one state with different cities with different cities from different states. Or maybe you don't. I think it's cute you're having trouble understanding the "voltron" concept. But seeing how you hilariously and ignorantly misuse the words "literally" and "rape," I'm not all that surprised. It's sad that for BosWash to "literally rape" California (delusion alert!), it needs all or parts of 11 states together to do so. Real powerful.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 AM

364 posts, read 615,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykem View Post
You're not even making sense. SJ, SF, SD, LA, SAC is not a "voltron" because they are all part of ONE STATE. How does one state count as a "voltron?" Surely you understand the difference between comparing one state with different cities with different cities from different states. Or maybe you don't. I think it's cute you're having trouble understanding the "voltron" concept. But seeing how you hilariously and ignorantly misuse the words "literally" and "rape," I'm not all that surprised. It's sad that for BosWash to "literally rape" California (delusion alert!), it needs all or parts of 11 states together to do so. Real powerful.
No, you are not making sense and Ray is not either. I was unaware Californians are the judges for what gets to be called a voltron. Is there a rule written somewhere showing cities in a state can't combine to form a voltron? If so, link me to it. I believe is it cute Californians believe they have enough authority to tell others how a word can or can't be used, which is a word from a cartoon! I believe it is childish. Who goes around talking about the powers of super heroes on a travel forum? Surely you can understand SJ, SF, SD, LA, SAC equals VOLTRON ALERT. Surely you can understand Boswash is more populated in a smaller space, it is a fact. California loses in every way possible except scenery. Just stick to what you Californians know best, which is talking about vegetables, fruits, hiking, camping, political rallies, surfing or anything else related to hippie culture. You see, Boswash is pro business and we get things done in the real world here. LA natives and Californians can keep surfing while they remain the laughing stock of the business world with their anti business political ways. Look at their per capita GDP, beyond pathetic! Oh, and one last thing I am sure Texans are annoyed at being grouped within Cali. The natives texans can't stand Californians especially since you overtake their cities because your own state is crappy. I learned this first hand when I lived in Dallas!

Last edited by Cold As War; 06-04-2013 at 10:42 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,853,301 times
Look where everyone's moving, If that tells you anything!

Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM

26 posts, read 23,776 times
This is a no win debate... People are going to defend where they are from.. Even if they're not telling the truth..there is always going to be controversy..

Old 06-04-2013, 09:07 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,017 posts, read 7,392,291 times
Lol California couldn't beat out Bos-Wash all by it self so you guys added Texas and Florida to the list? Haha! Ok guys you win yes the whole U.S. minus the Bos-Wash cooridor is better than the megalopolis, is that what someone wants to hear?

Last edited by the resident09; 06-04-2013 at 09:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City