Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 03:25 PM

367 posts, read 995,857 times

Advertisements

EVERYBODY..knows what state Charlotte is in,...now some may be surprise at how big it is,..especially if their not a city data junkie like some of us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 06:11 PM

63 posts, read 95,547 times
This underscores the need for better geography education.

- People frequently confuse Idaho and Iowa. Isn't Boise the capital of Iowa?
- The post office occasionally confuse Des Moines Iowa with Des Moines, Washington.
- People, especially in the east, frequently confuse Washington State and Washington D.C. Go to the book store and you'll frequently see Washington DC tour books filed in the Washington State section, and Washington State in the D.C. Section.
- There is a Kansas City Kansas AND the larger Kansas City Missouri.
- Reiterating the lack of knowledge of the State Capitols is an absolute panic! (or is it Capital-heh heh). Chicago is not the Capitol of Illinois (although people in Chicago think this). New York is not the capital of New York (figure that one out.) Neither Miami nor Jacksonville are the capitol of Florida.
-Quick--name the capital of Minnesota. It's NOT Minneapolis.

One time while reading the Los Angeles Times (yes--the Los Angeles Times) a map published therein had the names of Washington and Oregon reversed.

Canada is not part of the United States! Amazing how some don't understand this. And Canada has provinces. What is the capital of the province of British Columbia?

Amazing stuff! But of course, its not really important. I've got to get back to my video games anyway.

Rossiapacifica

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 PM

367 posts, read 995,857 times
Capital of British Columbia is Victoria,...Capital of Minnesota is St Paul,...know geography like the back of my hand...and I didnt have to google it

Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,890,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTime View Post
EVERYBODY..knows what state Charlotte is in,...now some may be surprise at how big it is,..especially if their not a city data junkie like some of us
Disagree on the first part. Plenty of people like to put it in SC. I've even seen "Charlotte, SC" in print more than a couple of times.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Years ago I was asked where I was born. When I replied "Oregon", I was then asked "What state is that in?".
Someone actually didn't know this? I thought everyone knew that Oregon was in the state of Seattle.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:12 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Someone actually didn't know this? I thought everyone knew that Oregon was in the state of Seattle.
No, I think it's a suburb of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City