Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times

Advertisements

Fort Myers... It has to be!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Worst heat I experience was in Houston Texas on a pit stop to Juarez.

I just walked from the bus to the restaurant and that was horrendous.

It was like the heat was beaming down from the sun and the parking lot.
Dear God.
Pit-stop to Juarez? What were you doing in Juarez? Just travel?

Old 02-23-2011, 10:55 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Of Large cities Houston and Dallas always seemed particulary nasty, the hottest I vere felt was 108 in Ft Worth with like 99% humidity, felt worse than 117 in AZ

NOLA as well in the summer, ick so thick you can cut it, Houston is a bit like that as well

Always felt worse than any FL cities to me

Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM

818 posts, read 1,386,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Of Large cities Houston and Dallas always seemed particulary nasty, the hottest I vere felt was 108 in Ft Worth with like 99% humidity, felt worse than 117 in AZ

NOLA as well in the summer, ick so thick you can cut it, Houston is a bit like that as well

Always felt worse than any FL cities to me
Unbearably hot I agree but that bad was it during a heat wave? Heard whole gulf coast is notorious for it, my bad experience was Tampa and Miami in July '08, IMO NOLA and Houston were bad but more air conditioned and felt about the same

Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Unbearably hot I agree but that bad was it during a heat wave? Heard whole gulf coast is notorious for it, my bad experience was Tampa and Miami in July '08

The Gulf is worse than the Atlantic coastal cities, think the Ocean stays cooler and this can be felt

The NE can get pretty nasty too and with high humidity, but that day in Ft Worth was well just god awful, imagine I caught a really bad one that day

Say what you will about the Jersey shore, but when the City gets uber hot (Philly and NYC can get pretty damn nasty in the summer), 15 degrees less and an ocean breeze is just minutes away!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 AM

818 posts, read 1,386,926 times
Quote:
The Gulf is worse than the Atlantic coastal cities, think the Ocean stays cooler and this can be felt

The NE can get pretty nasty too and with high humidity, but that day in Ft Worth was well just god awful, imagine I caught a really bad one that day
Agree, gulf is notoriously sweltering, thankfully most locations are backed air conditioned otherwise hard to imagine what life would be like living there from Texas to Florida. IMO DC/Bmore gets oppressive heat also

PS, Jerseys' one of my favorite getaway locations, really love Jersey

Old 02-23-2011, 02:53 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Agree, gulf is notoriously sweltering, thankfully most locations are backed air conditioned otherwise hard to imagine what life would be like living there from Texas to Florida. IMO DC/Bmore gets oppressive heat also

PS, Jerseys' one of my favorite getaway locations, really love Jersey
Quote:

Say what you will about the Jersey shore, but when the City gets uber hot (Philly and NYC can get pretty damn nasty in the summer), 15 degrees less and an ocean breeze is just minutes away!
I think what the gulf coast lacks is good constant breezes to blow off the humidity.

I am from the Caribbean and the humidity would build up far worst than anything you could think up on the gulf coast. But by 4pm the winds blow a good chunk of it away which makes it seem like the temps just dropped 10 degrees.

Houston humidity is a joke compared to where I am from. It is the heat that is higher in Houston.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:23 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,194,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Pit-stop to Juarez? What were you doing in Juarez? Just travel?
Visit family. Then to Durango from there.
It's a desert there and the heat was different. More of a burning on your skin feeling.

Houston was more of boiling in a pot type of heat.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Visit family. Then to Durango from there.
It's a desert there and the heat was different. More of a burning on your skin feeling.

Houston was more of boiling in a pot type of heat.
you can't seem to win boiled to death of hot pokered to death lol

Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Saint Louis is pretty brutal for weeks at a time. On top of it all the red brick makes you feel that you are in a pizza oven (and ironically they have not figured out how to make a good pizza)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City