U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta or Houston
Atlanta 196 50.26%
Houston 194 49.74%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,784,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Jonesboro?You might as well live in Tampa!!You never got out much obviously because you would have noticed ,The C.D.C.(Centers for Disease Control)How could you miss this if you "lived in Atlanta"?My roommates in the past were from France ,Korea,Belgium,Italy,Ghana,Nigeria,India and currently ,Italy.I have friends also that live here from many of those places and more.Im sure if I were to move 25miles outside of Houston,I would not see much diversity either.
Actually you would. Depending if you went south, east, north or west.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:40 PM

259 posts, read 299,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtwgt View Post
Which city is more urban/cosmopolitan, (your kidding right) with more culture, diversity, entertainment? Which has a higher international status? Which city do you think will prosper the most in the future? Which city has more locals that are from there or have lived there a long time(20 plus years)? Which city is better in most of that criteria?

Just wanted to throw a different debate other than Houston vs. Dallas.

Like Bubba vs. Cletus

The more lively debate would be which one has the most obese women.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:34 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,492,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
OK, smart guy, then let's just say it's like someone talking about Houston from the persepective of growing up in Baytown.

BTW, great point on the guy that posted about his affinity for "English-speaking" cities. Unbeknownst to him and his obtuse xenophobic views, you will also find a lot of neighborhoods in Atlanta with a rapidly growing Spanish-speaking population. ¡Qué horror!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:06 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,858,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
Like Bubba vs. Cletus

The more lively debate would be which one has the most obese women.
Ridiculous.Both of theses cities have economies that rank within the top 10 of this country and the top 50-100 in the world.They are hardly redneck.You show your ignorance rather than the areas you are trying to portray poorly.What wonderful city do you live in that is so cosmopolitan and sophisticated that you care not to list?Have you ever spent any considerable time in either city?

Last edited by afonega1; 07-31-2009 at 03:23 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I meant to say AS much diversity that yhou would find within the city limits.Not ANY.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM

259 posts, read 299,702 times
Quote:
What wonderful city do you live in that is so cosmopolitan and sophisticated?Have you ever spent any considerable time in either city?

Depends on the time of the year.
Yes I have spent time in each city and have noticed the mas obesity of the female population.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:23 PM

541 posts, read 1,248,909 times
Houston. Too much racial & "ATL vs. Georgia" tension in Atlanta.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:28 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,010,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
Depends on the time of the year.
Yes I have spent time in each city and have noticed the mas obesity of the female population.
At the airport? Those people got off the plane with you and are from your city. Stop bringing your fatties to Houston and Atlanta. We have enough already.

Oh, and did you notice any of the hot chicks while you "spent time in each city," or were you too busy gawking at our rotund offerings? Perhaps if you spent less time at the Dunkin Donuts and Popeyes Chicken stands at the airport...

Old 07-31-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
Houston. Too much racial & "ATL vs. Georgia" tension in Atlanta.
Let see,I have had white Americans( both from the South)live with me.I went out last night with a white Jewish girl(a friend) to dinner with friends from all over the world.I have NEVER noticed any more tension here, than any other big city.So im curious what is your reasoning for the statements you made.

Yes I agree about the ATL vs Georgia,but its not as bad as it used to be.Especially since the suburbs have grown so much further out.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 PM

541 posts, read 1,248,909 times
Quote:
Let see,I have had white Americans( both from the South)live with me.I went out last night with a white Jewish girl(a friend) to dinner with friends from all over the world.I have NEVER noticed any more tension here, than any other big city.So im curious what is your reasoning for the statements you made.
I never denied that people in Atlanta never got along, but a city with such a large Black population unfortunately has underlying racial tensions to it. I'm not making this up, as I'm from a city with a large Black population, and have been to other cities that are the same. You can just feel it -- I know when it's there.

I've also checked out what is discussed on the ATL forum. Now obviously a forum is not completely a gauge of what an area is like, but considering that I've been to Atlanta a couple of times, I think it gives it an accurate impression of the goings-on of the area. You go through and read a good number of the threads and the topics, and though nobody comes out and outright says it, there is a tremendous undercurrent of racial tension in the city of Atlanta. Which is why I picked Houston. Not saying that there isn't any issues there, but that people generally get along better, it's much more diverse(again, not saying ATL isn't but Houston is more), and I won't have that stigma of being black constantly looming over my head as considerably as it would in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or