Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:31 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times

Advertisements

ive been considering basing myself out of south florida recently since i've been spending more and more time in south america and miami is the best hub for flights. have always based myself in california while in the US in the past.

i spent a couple months in south florida in 2009 and i liked it a lot. much warmer weather than cal which is a major plus (i dont like cold period, even 55f is too cold). seemed a lot cheaper. unfortunately the type of work i do isn't very consistent in florida so would likely have to change lines of work if i go but thats not a big deal since ive been thinking of doing that anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 11:07 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
I'd do it! I plan on living in Fort Lauderdale for a few years myself when I am older. I currently live in San Diego North County and have lived in Hawaii for the first 5 years of my life.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:27 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelor View Post
I would like to get some opinions from people. I currently live in San Diego and am thinking of moving to south Florida, either Ft lauderdale, or Miami Shores area. I'm 38, not a spring chicken anymore but not old either.

It's obvious to most that San Diego is extremely nice. It has the best year around climate and is very pretty to the eye. People are nice for the most part. But I have been here for nearly ten years and I like to explore other parts of the country. I am very curious as to what south florida is like. I understand and accept it gets hot and humid. I can deal with that. There are some schools of interest I may like to attend also. The cost of homes are much more affordable there also. Ive left Southern California before and did have regrets. Im afraid of the same thing happening. Am I crazy trading in San Diego for South Florida? Thanks,
if miami and los angeles were considered to be in the same category then so would fort lauderdale and san diego. the difference will be principally the climate not the vibe.

try miami (miami shores is a suburb of). I'd just recommend you go all out and do miami beach.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:43 PM

9 posts, read 18,396 times
i would like to see if anything changed in the past two years. Thinking of leaving Los Angeles (Glendale Area) for Davie, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City