Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:38 AM

617 posts, read 1,423,136 times

Advertisements

Which section/neighborhood of your city is your favorite? Call me crazy but I really like the Oak Cliff section of Dallas, to me it has so much potential and character as oppose to other sections of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 AM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
I live in the suburbs north of Boston and I don't venture into Boston very much, but The North End certainly makes venturing into the city worth it. The North End is Boston's Little Italy and I unbiassedly say probably the best one, but don't take my word for it, many others would agree (http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...orhood-us.html).

Hanover and Salem Streets are lined with a very wide selection of Northern and Southern Italian restaurants ranging from mama's meatballs to upscale bistros. There are also old school bakeries and pastry shops, markets that make homemade pasta and have an impressive selection of olive oil, olive bars, bread, cheeses, marinara suace etc. The Haymarket produce market is also close by. The North End is also on the Freedom Trail with historic sights such as the Old North Church and Paul Revere's house. Where like many other cities, many other parts of Boston's streets have been filled up with chain stores, this is one part of the city that still feels authenticly old world, a little piece of Europe. I love it!

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 03-02-2011 at 07:17 AM..

Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM

9 posts, read 6,930 times
The hood

Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,252,012 times
Of the cites I've lived in:

Boston - Back Bay
Wilmington - Trolley Square
KCMO - Hyde Park
Houston - Montrose
Philly - Rittenhouse Square

Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 AM

840 posts, read 2,085,570 times
I live in Clayton County south of Atlanta my favorite part of Atlanta has to be everything Inside The Perimter. I love almost every part ITP, every part is different even the bad parts.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,355,794 times
I love Pike Place Market in Seattle. It's the cultural hub of the city.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:24 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,288,860 times
Baton Rouge: Garden District, Beauregard Town, Spanish Town, LSU campus, Mid-City
New Orleans: Downtown, French Quarter, Treme, Uptown, Marigny
Houston: Midtown, Montrose

Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Favorite neighborhoods in other cities I've visited

Providence, RI: Federal Hill, another great Little Italy

Philadelphia: Ben Franklin Parkway, bookended by the Art Museum and beautiful City Hall with ornate European style fountains, it's a world class parkway.

Washington DC: Dupont Circle, I love to architecture, the food, the atmosphere, even the metro station. I also love Old Town Alexandria across the Potomic in VA

Atlanta: Midtown and Piedmont Park, it's clean, attractive, eclectic, and has its own impressive and contemporary skyline

Dallas: Knox-Henderson, the only neighborhood in Dallas that I actually enjoyed walking around (downtown/midtown not that great for walking IMHO). K-H has a great selection of restaurants, bars, and shops and mostly small businesses. It's a yuppie North Dallas neighborhood but not too pretentious.

St. Louis: Soulard, this old historic neighborhood has a lot of character, feels a bit like New Orleans, charming with old school bars and restaurants some of which play the blues in which the city is famous for.

Denver: Washington Park, its affluent and attractive, a beautiful city park with impressive gardens. Wash park has nice bungalow and contemporary homes with unique craftsman architecture, very pretty neighborhood.

San Francisco: Marina District, probably the cleanest neighborhood in a city chalk full of beautiful and unique neighborhoods but many of them are dirty. The Marina has gorgeous views of the Bay, Alacatrez, and GG bridge.

Los Angeles: Santa Monica, not dirty like Venice, beautiful beach, nice downtown

San Diego: Hillcrest/Balboa Park - I could spend a whole day in that park and the neighborhood is very cool and eclectic, and clean. La Jolla is also beautiful.

Seattle: West Seattle, I love rollerblading along Alki Beach watching the ferries go by and taking in the mountain, skyline, and waterfront views. West Seattle really showcases how much of a beautiful city Seattle really is.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 03-02-2011 at 08:58 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 AM

51 posts, read 143,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullets over D.C. View Post
The hood
Thats how I roll also. The hoods of the 916 and downtown

Old 03-03-2011, 12:13 AM

765 posts, read 2,127,994 times
University Circle in Cleveland. It's the hub of world renowned cultural and educational institutions, and great hospitals. It has beautiful architecture and landscaping, with lots of parks and green space. It is the place I love most in Cleveland, especially because I spent 3 summers working there at the natural history museum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City