U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which one is the most important?
Bay Area 291 57.85%
Boston 93 18.49%
Philadelphia 98 19.48%
Confused 21 4.17%
Voters: 503. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 AM
 
Location: MIA/DC
1,190 posts, read 1,859,743 times
Reputation: 687

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Not if Philly joins NY metro it they wont. LOL. You can keep your prestige ,your influence ,your money and whatever else supposedly makes those cities superior. Obviously millions of people chose to stay in Philadelphia and its good enough for them.
Then again I look at your location. It says DC. No wonder why those things are important to you. Land of superficial at its finest.
My location is unneeded within this thread, this gimmick to include DC into Philly convos is unwarranted. DC has surpassed Philly in importance, that is not debatable. SF and Boston have surpassed Philly in importance for the very reasons you dismiss saying these cities can keep to themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 AM
 
1,031 posts, read 2,350,479 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
My location is unneeded within this thread, this gimmick to include DC into Philly convos is unwarranted. DC has surpassed Philly in importance, that is not debatable. SF and Boston have surpassed Philly in importance for the very reasons you dismiss saying these cities can keep to themselves.
I'm just saying that is fine. Doesn't dismiss the fact that millions of people call Philly home and are living quite fine here. No need for the condescending attitude. K?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 12:13 AM
 
Location: MIA/DC
1,190 posts, read 1,859,743 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
I'm just saying that is fine. Doesn't dismiss the fact that millions of people call Philly home and are living quite fine here.
Where people choose to live does not define importance. I am a realist, what I say bothers forumers because I don't tolerate a credit out of line. This discussion is garbage, the people who make threads like these have little understanding of relevance. Its more than justly glancing the list of largest CSA's and making a thread with the cities.

Money is power and the metros with the most money are the most powerful, there's the summary to what this thread seeks. SF, then Boston, then Philly. That order, no place out of line and have all the ducks accounted for.

Last edited by Slyman11; 10-09-2011 at 01:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 AM
 
1,031 posts, read 2,350,479 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Where people choose to live does not define importance. I'm a realist, what I say bothers most forumers because I don't tolerate a credit out of line. This thread is garbage and so is this discussion, the people who make threads like these have little understanding of relevance. Its more than justly glancing the list of largest CSA's and making a thread with the aforementioned cities.
Yea you also like to have the last word. You win. I'm going to bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,335 posts, read 1,283,304 times
Reputation: 344
No, you are just an obnoxious bore. Go to a (city) park and line up/count real ducks or something, you wanna-be cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Where people choose to live does not define importance. I am a realist, what I say bothers forumers because I don't tolerate a credit out of line. This discussion is garbage, the people who make threads like these have little understanding of relevance. Its more than justly glancing the list of largest CSA's and making a thread with the cities.

Money is power and the metros with the most money are the most powerful, there's the summary to what this thread seeks. SF, then Boston, then Philly. That order, no place out of line and have all the ducks accounted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Villanova Pa.
4,897 posts, read 12,369,580 times
Reputation: 2602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
How? Boston and SF has larger metros, larger economies, more prestige, more money, more influence. Spare me the details on how Philly competes because it doesn't.
Absolutely ridiculous assertion.

Philadelphias MSA is larger than both SF and Boston. Philly has the Largest urbanized area, Greatest GDP of the 3 MSA's.

Please stop using these exaggerated oversized inflated CMSA statistics for comparing core cities and their importance and heirarchy.


Philadelphias enormous influence on the USA over the course of history makes SF appear like the remote, insignificant, bayside, googleville hamlet, that it is. Bostons influence on the USA is much more essential than SF's but even it cannot compare to Philadlephias historical and industrial contributions.

The only current difference economically between the 3 is that Bos + SF gegraphy(coastal real estate) lends itself to higher per capita statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Villanova Pa.
4,897 posts, read 12,369,580 times
Reputation: 2602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post

Money is power and the metros with the most money are the most powerful, there's the summary to what this thread seeks. SF, then Boston, then Philly. That order, no place out of line and have all the ducks accounted for.
Get some facts and come back and see us.

Claritas- 2007 Household Income

Regional Households Income worth $1,000,000 to $1,999,999

NYC- 189,669
LA- 127,556
Chicago- 87,440
Philadelphia- 76,561
SF- 72,631
Washington-72,463
Boston-64,090
Dallas- 51,832
Atlanta-50,834
Detroit-50,164



Regional Household worth $2,000,000 +

NYC- 130,807
LA- 85,313
CHI-56,608
SF-50,990
Wash-50,498
Philadelphia- 48,831
Boston 42,380
Dallas- 33,071
Atlanta 32,1777
Detroit- 31,687
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
 
5 posts, read 3,297 times
Reputation: 17
Philly doesn't even compare to the Bay Area or others. This city is so unenticing and one sighted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 06:47 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,327 posts, read 4,824,324 times
Reputation: 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
How? Boston and SF has larger metros, larger economies, more prestige, more money, more influence. Spare me the details on how Philly competes because it doesn't.
Another ridiculous comment, nowhere near true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,335 posts, read 1,283,304 times
Reputation: 344
Lovely. What humorous Philly bashing will you come up with under your new moniker, I wonder. Will this be your 'masterpiece' alter-ego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly's south View Post
Philly doesn't even compare to the Bay Area or others. This city is so unenticing and one sighted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top