U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which one is the most important?
Bay Area 285 58.76%
Boston 87 17.94%
Philadelphia 92 18.97%
Confused 21 4.33%
Voters: 485. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 AM
 
Location: So California
8,316 posts, read 8,190,143 times
Reputation: 4518

Advertisements

^^^^let me know if you purchase that mansion. I could help you deck it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2011, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,395 posts, read 51,958,298 times
Reputation: 14326
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^^^let me know if you purchase that mansion. I could help you deck it out!
Hahahaha....I will definitely call you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,152 posts, read 929,790 times
Reputation: 432
I would rather live in a 300 sq ft studio in a below average area of Boston or Philly over one of those houses in SF!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
 
Location: So California
8,316 posts, read 8,190,143 times
Reputation: 4518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
I would rather live in a 300 sq ft studio in a below average area of Boston or Philly over one of those houses in SF!
Yeah right.....we believe you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,152 posts, read 929,790 times
Reputation: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Yeah right.....we believe you
Why would I care if you believe me or not? What you or anyone else thinks of me on this site means nothing to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
10,089 posts, read 12,254,327 times
Reputation: 3912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
I would rather live in a 300 sq ft studio in a below average area of Boston or Philly over one of those houses in SF!
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,395 posts, read 51,958,298 times
Reputation: 14326
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Yeah right.....we believe you
I actually toured the house for $38 Million a LOOONNG ago...it will take a ton of work and its been on the market for a very long time but the owner is patient, you might be interested in knowing its owned by a member of the church(Owner of the University of Phoenix). Perhaps you could send him an email to see if he wants to spend 10 Million more to finally finish the interior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
 
Location: So California
8,316 posts, read 8,190,143 times
Reputation: 4518
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I actually toured the house for $38 Million a LOOONNG ago...it will take a ton of work and its been on the market for a very long time but the owner is patient, you might be interested in knowing its owned by a member of the church(Owner of the University of Phoenix). Perhaps you could send him an email to see if he wants to spend 10 Million more to finally finish the interior.

Interesting. I'd camp out there for 18-24 months to pull it off! Thats a spectacular location. If you have the cash you can be patient....
It could be a good investment to finish it out. Plenty of tech people could buy it, but Ive found most people have no vision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
10,089 posts, read 12,254,327 times
Reputation: 3912
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Interesting. I'd camp out there for 18-24 months to pull it off! Thats a spectacular location. If you have the cash you can be patient....
It could be a good investment to finish it out. Plenty of tech people could buy it, but Ive found most people have no vision.
Where in SF are these houses / mansions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
 
14 posts, read 16,859 times
Reputation: 17
Those are the ugliest homes I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top