U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which one is the most important?
Bay Area 286 58.37%
Boston 90 18.37%
Philadelphia 93 18.98%
Confused 21 4.29%
Voters: 490. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 12,182,445 times
Reputation: 4047

Advertisements

Rank these amongst the most important to the least based off your own perception and opinions, possibly backed with facts into detail.

Any reasoning goes really. But here's a list of criteria just for the sake of a comparison:

- Size
- Economic Output (GDP)
- Total Personal Income
- History
- Location
- Niche Industries
- Economy (diversity & variance)
- Finance
- Anything else you can come up with (absent from the list)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2011, 01:58 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,575 posts, read 53,103,852 times
Reputation: 14495
Well, its about time someone showed interest in these 3....LMAO.

Quote:
- Size
Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA 7,609,358
Racial Groups Ranked by Population and Percentage
1. Non-Hispanic White Population...6,051,362...79.5%
2. Hispanic of all races...631,337...8.2%
3. Black Population...403,511...5.2%
4. Asian Population...358,084...4.7%
5. Two or more races...108,930...1.4%
6. Some other race...45,007...0.5%
7. American Indian Population...9,474...0.0%
8. Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander Population...1,583...0.0%

San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA 7,427,940
Racial Groups Ranked by Population and Percentage
1. Non-Hispanic White Population...3,342,715...44.9%
2. Hispanic of all races...1,714,921...23.0%
3. Asian Population...1,600,122...21.5%
4. Black Population...462,938...6.2%
5. Two or more races...223,676...3.0%
6. Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander Population...39,047...0.5%
7. American Indian Population...22,952...0.2%
8. Some other race...21,931...0.2%

Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA 6,533,122
Racial Groups Ranked by Population and Percentage
1. Non-Hispanic White Population...4,382,955...67.0%
2. Black Population...1,235,794...18.9%
3. Hispanic of all races...526,449...8.0%
4. Asian Population...273,565...4.1%
5. Two or more races...90,940...1.3%
6. Some other race...14,986...0.2%
7. American Indian Population...7,412...0.107%
8. Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander Population...1,022...0.0%

Foreign Born Population, 2009
San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA 2,150,196...28.9%
Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH 1,057,713...13.8%
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD 594,482...9.0%

Quote:
- Economic Output (GDP)
2009(Latest Data Available)
4. San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $535.327 Billion
6. Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA $411.505 Billion
9. Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA $354.573 Billion

Per Capita Annual Economic Output(GDP)
San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $72,078
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA $54,274
Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA $54,080

Quote:
- Total Personal Income
2008(Latest Data Available)
5. San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $430.862 Billion
6. Boston-Worceser-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA $377.293 Billion
7. Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA $292.477 Billion

Per Capita Personal Income, 2009
1. San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $58,780
4. Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH $49,922
12. Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD $44,982

Mean Household Income, Top 5%, 2009
San Jose-San Francisco-oakland, CA CSA $423,828
Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA $370,633
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA $346,809

Median Household Income, 2009
San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $74,244
Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA $64,937
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA $59,263

Median Family Income, 2009
San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $88,681
Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA $81,549
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD $75,409

Median Family Income(2-earners), 2009
San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA CSA $112,008
Boston-Worcester-Manchester, MA-RI-NH CSA $98,126
Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD CSA $93,316

Last edited by 18Montclair; 03-05-2011 at 02:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 02:40 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,575 posts, read 53,103,852 times
Reputation: 14495
Percentage of People Ages 25+ who have a Bachelor's Degree, 2009

San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland CSA 41.4%
San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA MSA 43.5%
San Jose-sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA MSA 43.3%
Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA MSA 38.4%
Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA MSA 32.6%
Napa, CA MSA 31.2%
Vallejo-Fairfield, CA MSA 24.2%

Boston-Worcester-Manchester CSA 37.5%
Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH MSA 42.2%
Concord, NH Micro Area 33.6%
Manchester-Nashua, NH MSA 33.3%
Worcester, MA MSA 33.0%
Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA 28.2%

Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland CSA 31.3%
Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD MSA 32.3%
Reading, PA MSA 21.5%
Vineland-Millville-Bridgeton, NJ MSA 15.7%

Percentage of People Ages 25+ who have an Advanced Degree, 2009

San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland CSA 16.3%
San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA MSA 16.9%
San Jose-sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA MSA 18.6%
Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA MSA 14.4%
Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA MSA 12.1%
Napa, CA MSA 11.5%
Vallejo-Fairfield, CA MSA 6.9%

Boston-Worcester-Manchester CSA 15.5%
Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH MSA 18.3%
Worcester, MA MSA 13.1%
Concord, NH Micro Area 12.5%
Manchester-Nashua, NH MSA 10.5%
Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA 10.5%

Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland CSA 12.3%
Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD MSA 12.9%
Reading, PA MSA 6.8%
Vineland-Millville-Bridgeton, NJ MSA 4.5%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 02:47 AM
 
1,082 posts, read 1,859,385 times
Reputation: 909
I went with Philly because I don't like the other choices. So there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 03:02 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 12,182,445 times
Reputation: 4047
There shouldn't be any contraction when it comes to size this time around like there was between Chicago & Los Angeles to Bay Area & DMV. This time its all fair game, all these places are within 1 Million range from one another and in Boston & Bay Area's case only a mere 170,000 people difference.

The reason I am making this thread is because many here say that a case for both Philadelphia & Boston can be made over the Bay Area. Although I respectfully disagree, I am willing to hear out (and learn more) about the aspects that do make them more prominent. This isn't a death match, I'm actually looking to legitimately learn and converse from this thread, this time around.

World's Largest Financial Centers:
01. London: 772
02. New York City: 770
03. Hong Kong: 760
04. Singapore: 728
05. Tokyo: 697
06. Shangai: 693
07. Chicago: 678
08. Zurich: 669
09. Geneva: 661
10. Sydney: 660
11. Frankfurt: 659
12. Toronto 656
13. Boston: 655
13. Shenzhen: 654
14. San Francisco: 654
16. Beijing: 653
17. Washington DC: 649
18. Paris: 645
19. Taipei 639
20. Luxemborg 634

Source: http://www.zyen.com/GFCI/GFCI%208.pdf

Top Metropolitan Areas for Venture Capital Investment:
1. Bay Area: $698 Million
2. Boston: $314 Million
3. San Diego: $138 Million
4. Los Angeles: $108 Million
5. Research Triangle : $72 Million

Source: Life Sciences Investing Rebounds in Q2 2010, Rising 52% from the Prior Quarter, According to PricewaterhouseCoopers - FierceBiotech

Bay Area:
003 Chevron
010 Hewlett-Packard
014 McKesson
019 Wells Fargo
052 Safeway
056 Apple
058 Cisco Systems
062 Intel
102 Google
105 Oracle
162 Gap
173 PG&E
204 Sun Microsystems
252 URS
267 eBay
294 Synnex
316 Ross Stores
324 Gilead Sciences
326 Visa
343 Yahoo
353 Symantec
384 Clorox
390 Advanced Micro Devices
405 Sanmina-SCI
419 Core-Mark Holdings
421 Applied Materials
461 Agilent Technologies
465 Charles Schwab
483 Con-way
494 Electronic Arts
495 Franklin Resources

Total: 31

Boston:
018 CVS Caremark
071 Liberty Mutual
095 Raytheon
101 Staples
119 TJX
166 EMC
220 Textron
232 BJs Wholesale Club
234 Thermo Fisher Scientific
249 State Street Corp
279 Boston Scientific
368 Global Partners
458 Genzyme
471 Biogen Idec

Total: 14

Philadelphia:
024 AmerisourceBergen
059 Comcast
078 Sunoco
086 DuPont
129 Cigna
189 Aramark
256 Lincoln National
289 Crown Holdings
299 Campbell Soup
369 UGI
380 SunGard Data Systems
403 Universal Health Service
452 UNisys

Total: 13

Source: Fortune 500 2010: Annual ranking of America's largest corporations from Fortune Magazine

Top 10 Largest tech Centers in USA:
01. San Jose: 100/100
02. Seattle: 46.4/100
03. Boston: 45.2/100
04. Washington DC: 41.8/100
05. Los Angeles: 40.2/100
06. Dallas: 21.8/100
07. San Diego: 19.3/100
08. Orange County: 17.7/100
09. New York City: 16.8/100
10. San Francisco: 16.1/100
(Top 25)
11. Philadelphia
12. Atlanta
13. Edison, NJ
14. Chicago
15. Toronto
16. Oakland

Source: Milken Institute Publications - Research Reports - Executive Summary<br> North America’s High-Tech Economy:<br> The Geography of Knowledge-Based Industries

Movies & Films Set In Designated Cities (To Date):
Boston: 1,198 titles
San Francisco: 2,934 titles
Philadelphia: 1,180 titles

Source: The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

Seaport Activity:

By container traffic 2009:

1. Port of Los Angeles - 6,748,000
2. Port of Long Beach - 5,067,000
3. Port of New York/New Jersey - 4,561,000
4. Port of Savannah - 2,356,000
5. Port of Oakland - 2,051,000

By cargo tonnage (Foreign Trade):

1. Port of Houston: 147,969,451
2. Port of South Louisiana: 103,077,456
3. Port of New York/New Jersey: 83,469,086
4. Port of Long Beach: 58,572,609
5. Port of Long Beach: 51,399,625

Source: Port Industry Statistics - Port Industry Information - AAPA

List of Companies Headquartered in Bay Area (And their Respective Fields):

Advertising and Marketing
Ameredia
AKQA
Automattic
SALT Branding
Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
4delite

Total: 6

Clothing & Apparel:
Gap, INC
Levi Strauss & Co.
Gymboree
Bebe
The North Face
Mountain Hardwear
JanSport
Marmot
Western Mountaineering

Total: 9

Beauty:
Bare Escentuals

Total: 1

Biomedical:
McKesson Corporation
Buck Institute for Age Research
Chiron
Genentech
Gilead Sciences

Total: 5

Construction & Real Estate
AMB Property Corporation
Bechtel

Total: 2

Electronics:
Dolby Laboratories
FusionStorm
OQO
Sega of America
Watkins Computer, Inc
AMD
Adaptec
Agilent Tech.
Anchor Bay Technologies
Apple Inc.
Adaptec
Applied Materials
Bay Imaging
Cisco Systems
E-mu Systems
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Genesis Microchip
Hewlett Packard
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Hitachi Data Systems
Intel
JDS Uniphase
Integrated Device Technology
Logitech
LSI Corporation
Macrotron Systems, Inc.
Maxtor
Monster Cable Products
National Semiconductor
NetApp
Nvidia
Philips Lumileds Lighting Company
Rackable Systems
Rambus
Sanmina-SCI
SanDisk
Seagate Technology
Silicon Graphics
Solectron Corporation
Sony Optiarc America Inc.
Sun Microsystems
Supermicro
Super Talent
THX
Digidesign
Juniper Networks
Foundry Networks
Terayon
Xilinx

Total: 49

Energy
Pacific Gas & Electric
Calpine Corporation
Chevron

Total: 3

Entertainment:
Industrial Light & Magic
Lucasfilm
LucasArts
Electronic Arts
Kerner Optical
Netflix
Pandora
Pixar
Dreamworks Animation
Skywalker Sound
Lucasfilm Animation
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Total: 12

Financial:
Bank of the West
Bank of the Orient
Charles Schwab
Esurance
First Republic Bank
Pegasus Aviation
Stone & Youngberg, LLC
ThinkEquity Partners, LLC
Thomas Weisel Partners
UnionBanCal Corporation and Union Bank of California
VISA
Wells Fargo & Co. and Wells Fargo Bank
WR Hambrecht + Co
Fisher Investments
Franklin Templeton Investments
PayPal
Robert Half International

Total: 17

Food & Drink:
Ghiradelli
Adina World Beat Beverages
Anchor Brewing Company
Boudin Bakery
Del Monte Foods
Amadillo Willy's
Basic American Foods
Black Angus Steakhouse
C&H Pure Cane Sugar
Clif Bar
Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream
Häagen-Dazs
Jamba Juice
Jelly Belly
Odwalla
Peet's Coffee & Tea
PowerBar
See's Candies

Total: 18

Internet:
BitTorrent Inc.
Blogspot
Craigslist
Digg
Flickr
Linden Lab
OpenTable
RarityGuide, Inc
Revision3
Salesforce.com
SixApart
Technorati
Twitter
TypePad
Whiskey Media
Wikimedia Foundation
Yelp, Inc.
YouNoodle
Zynga
Ask.com
eBay
Google
Yahoo!
YouTube
Facebook

Total: 24

Media:
AllBusiness.com
Americana exchange
Bebo
CBS Interactive
Chronicle Books
CNET
Craigslist
Current TV
High Speed Productions
Juxtapoz
Thrasher
Dwell
LiveJournal
MacWorld Magazine
Mevio
Mother Jones Magazine
PC World Magazine
VIZ Media
Wired Magazine
XLR8R Magazine
University of California Press
Communication Arts

Total: 19

Miscellany:
ABM Industries
Ammunition LLC
Blue Shield of California
Catholic Healthcare West
FusionStorm
Recology
Schlage
State Compensation Insurance Fund
URS

Total: 9

Non-profit
Internet Archive
Room To Read
The Sierra Club
Wikimedia Foundation

Total: 4

Professional Services:
Elanex
Onyx Research, Inc.

Total: 2

Retail:
Good Vibrations
Gymboree Corporation
Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Longs Drug Stores
Orchard Supply Hardware
Ross Stores
Safeway
Restoration Hardware
Walmart.com

Total: 9

Travel:
Artisan Travel

Total: 1

Telecommunications
Calix, Inc.

Total: 1

Transportation & Logistic
Virgin America
CNF

Total: 2

Sports:
Pac-10 Conference
Specialized Bicycle Components
Lowepro
Hydrapak LLC

Total: 4

Security
Franklin Resources

Total: 1

Software
Adobe Systems
Autodesk
Business Objects
Intuit
McAfee
Mozilla
Oracle
Sybase
Symantec
VMware
Tibco

Total: 11

Other:
Fireman's Fund Insurance Company

Total: 1

Consumer Goods:
Clorox
Tesla Motors

Total: 2

Healthcare
Kaiser Permanente

Total: 1

Source: List of companies headquartered in San Francisco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 04:39 AM
 
1,030 posts, read 2,011,473 times
Reputation: 1091
The only thing I would add is that traffic in the Bay Area is abysmal, even compared to Boston and Philadelphia. I've spent way too much time on the 101 trying to get from Palo Alto/Mountain View to SF, and there's nothing in either of the other cities than can compare. It is literally brutal trying to get around the Bay Area if you're not fortunate enough to be on the BART. And, that is purely a function of geography (i.e., putting a three quarter of a million person city on the tip of a narrow peninsula).

BTW: Tell me again what your point in this thread is? I know you say you want to "learn" more about the East Coast, but I can't help but feel that you're trying to bolster your love of SF because there's something about it that makes you feel insecure. I may be totally wrong, but this thread has a strident quality to it - like you spent way too much time compiling your "facts".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 12,182,445 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by rranger View Post
The only thing I would add is that traffic in the Bay Area is abysmal, even compared to Boston and Philadelphia. I've spent way too much time on the 101 trying to get from Palo Alto/Mountain View to SF, and there's nothing in either of the other cities than can compare. It is literally brutal trying to get around the Bay Area if you're not fortunate enough to be on the BART. And, that is purely a function of geography (i.e., putting a three quarter of a million person city on the tip of a narrow peninsula).
Haha. What does this have anything to do with how important a place is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rranger View Post
BTW: Tell me again what your point in this thread is?
Because people view the Bay Area with a double standard. If its put against Chicago or Los Angeles, then size makes all the difference and it loses the argument. If its a place smaller than its just simply "bullying" and stuff. Not even a fair argument at all, in my opinion.

I've seen the claims that both Boston & Philadelphia can make a case for 5th most important city ahead of San Francisco. I think it would be an interesting match up of places really close to the same size and these statements and see what we can compile up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rranger View Post
I know you say you want to "learn" more about the East Coast, but I can't help but feel that you're trying to bolster your love of SF because there's something about it that makes you feel insecure.
I don't want to learn anything about the East Coast like that, I just want information personally. I want to learn about why mass amounts of people and I do mean a mass amount of people make claims but never elaborate on it.

I realize everyone has a different perception, and I'm willing to learn about what others think so long as they provide the information to do it. So many can reach a claim that Philadelphia & Boston should be ranked higher than San Francisco, I want to see in terms of how and what they can be ranked higher with all due cause to importance overall.

Why would I feel insecure about San Francisco? I can make these strange claims too and say its Top 5 most important cities in the country, and I can prove it. Likewise I've seen the argument that Boston & Philadelphia can claim spot number 5 too, based off history, size, economy, medical services, education, & location. Personally, I would like to know how these three places match up with one another here on all basis and all criterion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rranger View Post
I may be totally wrong, but this thread has a strident quality to it - like you spent way too much time compiling your "facts".
Nah. All the information above was already compiled many many months ago with basic drag and drop and copy and paste features.

I've already posted that information at least 100 times by now, here is just one example: Cities: San Francisco-New York City-Washington DC

I can make a few arguments for Boston over even Los Angeles, like Banking, Finance, Medical Services, Education, Per Capita Income, Politics, & History so its definitely possible to make a strong argument for Boston regardless of any city its put against. Which is why this thread should be interesting. Ultimately, I give it to Los Angeles over Boston, but that's a lot of things that Boston schools Los Angeles on which kind of shows you that any kind of argument can be made and supported.

Last edited by DANNYY; 03-05-2011 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: Tweak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 AM
 
1,030 posts, read 2,011,473 times
Reputation: 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Haha. What does this have anything to do with how important a place is?

Because people view the Bay Area with a double standard. If its put against Chicago or Los Angeles, then size makes all the difference and it loses the argument.

People on here have been claiming for years now that both Boston & Philadelphia can make a case for 5th most important city ahead of San Francisco. Lets get to the bottom of these statements and see what we can compile up.

I don't want to learn anything about the East Coast like that, I just want information personally. I want to learn about why mass amounts of people and I do mean a mass amount of people make claims but never elaborate on it.

I realize everyone has a different perception, and I'm willing to learn about what others think so long as they provide the information to do it. So many can reach a claim that Philadelphia & Boston should be ranked higher than San Francisco, I want to see in terms of how and what they can be ranked higher with all due cause to importance overall.

Why would I feel insecure about San Francisco? I make make these strange claims too and say its Top 5 most important cities in the country, and I can prove it. Likewise I've seen the argument that Boston & Philadelphia can claim spot number 5 too, based off history, size, economy, medical services, education, & location. Personally, I would like to know why so, I'm not into history and know little of it. And other things can be debated further. I don't think there's any definite answer at all to who is more important and it can be debated, and that is what my thread is designed to do actually.

Nah. All the information above was already compiled many many months ago with basic drag and drop and copy and paste features.

I've already posted that information at least 100 times by now, here is just one example: Cities: San Francisco-New York City-Washington DC

I can make a few arguments for Boston over even Los Angeles, like Banking, Finance, Medical Services, Education, Per Capita Income, & History so its definitely possible to make a strong argument for Boston regardless of any city its put against. Which is why this thread should be interesting. Ultimately, I give it to Los Angeles over Boston, but that's a lot of things that Boston schools Los Angeles on which kind of shows you that any kind of argument can be made and supported.
Thank you for confirming my suspicions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 06:22 AM
 
2,420 posts, read 3,843,939 times
Reputation: 1257
Philly/NJ/NYC CSA- 30mil
Boston- 7.6mil
Bay Area-74.mil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 AM
 
2,420 posts, read 3,843,939 times
Reputation: 1257
Evem though everyone seems to think The Bay area is the most innovative place in the country, and it is innovative, Philadelphia easily creates the more important world changing innovations. For example, the bay area may have created twitter, facebook, google etc. but Philly created the first modern computer, which is the foundation of the current technological revolution we are living in. Just one of many, in a long line of first to come out of Philly, by and large, Philly laid the foundation for the modern world we live in and know today, everything from electricity, to modern infrastructure, human rights, modern education, and modern democracy. Philly has ushered in almost every recent renaissance that has made the world what it is today. Even though Philly seems to sleep at the moment, it's actually just brewing something new to change the world yet again, who knows what it will be this time, but we all know out of it's colleges the true cutting edge exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top