Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I feel that_________has the best cities.
Virginia 202 50.50%
North Carolina 198 49.50%
Voters: 400. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:14 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,340,819 times

Advertisements

Yeah, break it down city by city and it's easy to choose VA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 04:15 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,613,855 times
Ok here's what I think

Charlotte vs VA Beach....Charlotte because it's bigger, has professional sports teams, feels more like a city than any city in VA

Raleigh vs Norfolk.....I'm going wth Raliegh because it's more progressive and seems to have a much better job outlook.

Greensboro vs Richmond...Richmond because it has more culture and it feels more like a city

Others cities in NC....Asheville, Winston-Salem, Durham, Fayetteville and Wilmington

Other cities in VA.... Roanoke, Newport News, and Hampton

I'm going with NC on better cities for things such as jobs and the cities are bigger. I'm going with VA because of cities with better history.

As a result....I'd give NC the edge 52 to 48...

Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 AM

Haha.. Okay.. You compared the cities by population.. I agree with everything you said, But I'd rather live in Norfolk/ Va Beach than Raleigh. Richmond than Greensboro. && Charlotte rather than Va Beach. Newport News is better than Asheville.. Roanoke is better than Fayetteville. Hampton is better than Wilmington. So I give VA the lead.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:29 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Charlotte vs. Va Beach? Charlotte
Raleigh vs. Norfolk? Norfolk
Greensboro vs. Richmond? Richmond
Asheville vs. Roanoke? Asheville
Winston-Harlem vs. Bad News? Winston
Fayetteville vs. Hampton? Jump into a lake of fire. Hampton by a nose (which I'll pinch when I arrive).

Other cities like Alexandria and Charlottesville help VA out in this one
Wilmington helps NC out.

Both have great smaller towns too. Winchester, old Fredericksburg, Orange, Culpeper, Staunton in VA and New Bern, Boone and probably many others I don't know about in NC.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,720,263 times
North Carolina has Charlotte, which is the best city between the two states. The best cities in Virginia are Alexandria and Arlington (which is technically a county, but is really urban). As for the rest of the cities in either state (Raleigh, Richmond, Cities of Hampton Roads, Durham, High Point Winston-Salem, Greensboro etc.), I either don't like them or they're just okay.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboi757 View Post
Haha.. Okay.. You compared the cities by population.. I agree with everything you said, But I'd rather live in Norfolk/ Va Beach than Raleigh. Richmond than Greensboro. && Charlotte rather than Va Beach. Newport News is better than Asheville.. Roanoke is better than Fayetteville. Hampton is better than Wilmington. So I give VA the lead.

I dont necessary think that Newport News and Hampton is better than Asheville and Wilmington. Those cities have more culture than Hampton and Newport News.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM

I don't know who has more culture between Asheville/ Wilmington and Newport News and Hampton because I've never been there.. But IMO the Hampton Roads Metro is better than the Charlotte Metro unless we're talking about white collar jobs.. I've been to Charlotte, I wasn't too impressed. Downtown looked nice, but that's all there is to it.. Go by metros and it's NoVa vs. Charlotte. Norfolk- Virginia Beach- Newport News vs. Raleigh- Cary. and Richmond Vs. Greensboro- Winston Salem. Roanoke vs. Asheville- Brevard. I pick Virginia in every one of those.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 AM

We can debate this in a new thread.. I'll make one.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboi757 View Post
I don't know who has more culture between Asheville/ Wilmington and Newport News and Hampton because I've never been there.. But IMO the Hampton Roads Metro is better than the Charlotte Metro unless we're talking about white collar jobs.. I've been to Charlotte, I wasn't too impressed. Downtown looked nice, but that's all there is to it.. Go by metros and it's NoVa vs. Charlotte. Norfolk- Virginia Beach- Newport News vs. Raleigh- Cary. and Richmond Vs. Greensboro- Winston Salem. Roanoke vs. Asheville- Brevard. I pick Virginia in every one of those.

You're from VA so it's obvious, I'm not from NC or VA, just giving my opinion. I noticed that all the VA threads are being started by you because before you came on this site only Northern VA was being talked about.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
You're from VA so it's obvious, I'm not from NC or VA, just giving my opinion. I noticed that all the VA threads are being started by you because before you came on this site only Northern VA was being talked about.
Well there is a Richmond booster who shows up here once in a blue moon under different screennames and floods the board with pro-Richmond and north-vs-south threads until he gets banned. I kinda wish he were active now because it would be fun to see him and cityboi757 lock horns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City