U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you think is better overall?
Cleveland 203 52.59%
Detroit 183 47.41%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:48 PM

606 posts, read 2,736,376 times

Advertisements

Detroit's donwtown and WSU area is very nice, and alot going on. I attend WSU and I take jogs every night, and I never had a crime incident. I also manage to go out to a restaurant every other night. the city has a great restaurant scene, and the architecture is lovely. cleveland on the other hand I haven't visited and only seen pictures, I have to say it doesn't look too attractive to a college student.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM

2,368 posts, read 6,663,693 times
Doesn't matter Clevelands beatin Detroit in this thread which is exactly how I wanted it to be.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,626,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Doesn't matter Clevelands beatin Detroit in this thread which is exactly how I wanted it to be.
I'd have to say that I like Cleveland simply because of how much it reminds me of St. Louis (besides Lake Erie and its climate.) Cleveland I think has a lot in common with St. Louis. It just has more in common with Detroit because they are closer, on similar latitudes, and essentially Great Lakes Cities, even though Detroit like St. Louis is a river city. I think Cleveland's next so-called twin after Detroit (and Detroit is not really a twin...it's twice as big as Cleveland)...is either St. Louis, Milwaukee, or Chicago or the Twin Cities. I have always felt right at home in Cleveland (I've got half my family there, that's one reason, the other reason is it really doesn't seem a whole lot different from St. Louis.)

Old 07-26-2007, 01:28 PM

I rode by St. Louis once,but I wanna take a trip there cause it looks like a cool place to be.I eventually would like to see Detroit and MNPLS too.My vote is kind of biased cause Im from Cleveland and have never been to Detroit.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
that is kind of stupid of a comment. you seem like a kid. with all the fa sho. and my city is winning and that's exactly what I wanted, fa sho.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:37 PM

Alot of people say fa sho,and if Im from Cleveland wouldn't you think I would want more people to vote for my city,since Im pro Cleveland.And if it was a stupid comment,why did you post back to it,were you offended by it or something.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Alot of people say fa sho,and if Im from Cleveland wouldn't you think I would want more people to vote for my city,since Im pro Cleveland.And if it was a stupid comment,why did you post back to it,were you offended by it or something.
no I wasn't offended but it looks like your like twelve or something. fa sho, on dat bro. I mean come on.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Naw man Im 16 so I don't know why it says Im a senior member,but I was just jokin on that other post anyway.Like I siad anyway I have never been to Detroit,but I'd probably like it to.Im just a hometown boy.I've liked every part of the Midwest I've been in so far except Iowa.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Naw man Im 16 so I don't know why it says Im a senior member,but I was just jokin on that other post anyway.Like I siad anyway I have never been to Detroit,but I'd probably like it to.Im just a hometown boy.I've liked every part of the Midwest I've been in so far except Iowa.
do you actually live in the city, or just the metro area.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:00 PM

Right now Im not living there.I live in Colorado,I had no choice due to my parents.But in 2 years Im moving back to my old neighborhood,in Euclid Ohio,right on the border of Cleveland.I lived there for 13 years so I haven't been gone that long.Im gonna go to other cities to through like Detroit,Buffalo,Niagara Falls,St. Louis,the whole Midwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or