U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you think is better overall?
Cleveland 203 52.59%
Detroit 183 47.41%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM

3,070 posts, read 10,492,766 times

Advertisements

So what your basically saying is since Detroit has the potential to be a great city after it recovers in 50+ years (if even that early) that its better than Cleveland now?

Okay...
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 09:28 PM

926 posts, read 1,284,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamjr86 View Post
Detroit may be under the weather for the time being, but it has so many more things that once rediscovered, rehabilitated, and remarketed it would place it on a whole never level then Cleveland could ever be. Sorry but its true. We could start with the FACT Detroit has an international border with a tunnel that takes you directly to Windsor, Canada.
Unfortunately, by the time the city starts getting healthy, many of the things that need to be rediscovered and rehabilitated will be vacant lots. I hope it can turn around soon before the character of old Detroit is lost forever.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:28 PM

1,576 posts, read 4,719,602 times
Detroit is easily my favorite skyline in the world. If this were a skyline battle, Detroit would blow Cleveland away - I'm sure if you took the entire Cleveland skyline and stuck it into Detroit's, you wouldn't even notice a difference.

Yet, though Detroit is on the edge, and in much worse shape with a gloom future ahead of itself, I feel it is a much more vibrant city with plenty to do, and truly an important major city of America.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:49 PM

210 posts, read 755,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Detroit is easily my favorite skyline in the world. If this were a skyline battle, Detroit would blow Cleveland away - I'm sure if you took the entire Cleveland skyline and stuck it into Detroit's, you wouldn't even notice a difference.

Yet, though Detroit is on the edge, and in much worse shape with a gloom future ahead of itself, I feel it is a much more vibrant city with plenty to do, and truly an important major city of America.
Favorite skyline in the world???

Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post

Ive noticed in your posts that you have a very noticeable personal grudge against Cleveland.

You are joking with that skyline comment...right?

Detroit:
http://detroitloansource.com/files/images/DetroitSkyline.preview.jpg (broken link)

Cleveland:

Clevelands skyline spans for over 1 1/2 miles and contains almost as many buildings as Detroits, but somehow it could fit in the Detroit skyline and nobody would notice? Detroit has a decent skyline, "favorite in the world" is your opinion, but honestly I find your claims kind of ridiculous.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 PM

327 posts, read 930,042 times
Im not from either city but I would have to go with Detroit on this one. Its just more of a vibrant city. I love the downtown especially what they did to it and the proximty to Windsor is also a big plus. Sports also can be put into this...Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons...not the Lions...yea i think that beats Cleaveland besides the Cavs. Some of the fiendliest people iv come across, honestly i wouldnt mind moving to the D if it wernt on the edge.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:33 AM

1,576 posts, read 4,719,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Ive noticed in your posts that you have a very noticeable personal grudge against Cleveland.

Detroit:

Cleveland:

Clevelands skyline spans for over 1 1/2 miles and contains almost as many buildings as Detroits, but somehow it could fit in the Detroit skyline and nobody would notice? Detroit has a decent skyline, "favorite in the world" is your opinion, but honestly I find your claims kind of ridiculous.

Are you kidding? You show the crappiest pics of Detroit.

http://www.bannerbroach.com/detroitskyline.jpg (broken link)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/urbantiki/143915361/ (broken link)

Detroit on Flickr Photosharing! (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Detroit+skyline+night - broken link)

Last edited by Buffalonian4life; 04-14-2009 at 01:18 AM..

Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 AM

12,391 posts, read 23,813,219 times
Cleveland right now...If Detroit revitalized... detroit

Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post

Detroit:

Cleveland:

Wheres the Booktower in the Detroit skyline and the rest of them along Washington blvd in the images you posted.

But Skylines is not important. Jobs are and Ohio has them and not Michigan which is why Ohio was not one of the two states to lose population in 2008 and Michigan was one of them. As well last month CNBC did a break down of where jobs are and Ohio made the top 10 states in some job sectors while Michigan did not even make one. So I'm going to have to go with Cleavland.

Last edited by Jwo85; 04-14-2009 at 12:31 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 01:06 PM

My point with that is to prove Buffalonian4life wrong. It would be incredibly obvious if you put the Cleveland skyline in Detroit, who wouldnt notice that? The Cleveland skyline is nearly the same size as Detroits, but according to Buffalonian4life, you wouldnt even notice it

Some of you would understand if you saw all of his hate towards Cleveland in the past. I have no idea what his problem with us is. Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo are like brother (or sister) cities, but he hates Cleveland with a passion and treats us like the stepchild of the family. If I remember correctly, hes never been here before if only for a short time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or