U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 12:09 AM

19 posts, read 39,472 times

Advertisements

If your the Rain Fog Type, Either SF or Seattle. Sunny weather San Diego, or Los Angeles or Hawaii.

Well you know what Cali has the best weather.
Northern Cali deals with cold foggy rain type. While SoCal has the warm best year round weather.
Also San Diego has the Best weather in all of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 12:18 AM

1,359 posts, read 3,187,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA4sure View Post
If your the Rain Fog Type, Either SF or Seattle. Sunny weather San Diego, or Los Angeles or Hawaii.
Are there actually people that like rain/fog? To me the state with the best weather would be Florida, which is a probably a primary reason retirees make up such a large portion of the state's residents.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:22 AM

3,455 posts, read 6,168,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpterp View Post
Are there actually people that like rain/fog? To me the state with the best weather would be Florida, which is a probably a primary reason retirees make up such a large portion of the state's residents.
Yes there are people that like rain and fog...I am one of those people.

To me Florida has one of the worst climates...

Old 09-06-2009, 09:05 AM

258 posts, read 234,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Yes there are people that like rain and fog...I am one of those people.

To me Florida has one of the worst climates...
THE WORLDS WORST CLIMATE
Five things people don't realize about Florida
1) When the heat hits you never get a break ever, it never cools off for a second even at night. For example if it is August and the temperature is a range of 94 to 76, it will be 76 for about one minute at 6:00 am and up to 85 by 8:00 am with unbearable humidity.
2) The hottest days are the longest days of the year, the couple months of continuous good weather are the shortest days with it being dark when you come home from work
3) It is way hotter than the temperature that they broadcast. You will look at your car thermometer, the bank thermometer and it will say 97, 101, 94, 96 and the paper will post the days high at 90. The temperature is also always taken in the shade, but you are never in the shade, the sun is always out and beating you down. The heat index is frequently 110 or more.
4) With the exception of North Florida even the Winters SUCK. You can get 80+ degrees with high humidity every single month of the the year. In South Florida I didn't use my air maybe ten days a year, in central florida about 45 days per year. You never know when your Christmas is going to be 83 and humid. The only time it cools off are with passing fronts so when it is comfortable out, the majority of time it is very windy which makes outdoor sports like Tennis a problem.
5) In the Winter which is the only time you can step outside, outdoor events are jammed because every snowbird in America is down for that 90 days of good weather. 18 holes on a crappy golf course charges usurous rates.
IN ADDITION ZERO CHANGE OF SEASONS
Florida has the worst climate in the country (UNLESS YOU LOVE HEAT AND HUMIDITY).

I used to live in Florida, so I know this personally!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 PM

6,046 posts, read 9,732,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
THE WORLDS WORST CLIMATE
Five things people don't realize about Florida
1) When the heat hits you never get a break ever, it never cools off for a second even at night. For example if it is August and the temperature is a range of 94 to 76, it will be 76 for about one minute at 6:00 am and up to 85 by 8:00 am with unbearable humidity.
2) The hottest days are the longest days of the year, the couple months of continuous good weather are the shortest days with it being dark when you come home from work
3) It is way hotter than the temperature that they broadcast. You will look at your car thermometer, the bank thermometer and it will say 97, 101, 94, 96 and the paper will post the days high at 90. The temperature is also always taken in the shade, but you are never in the shade, the sun is always out and beating you down. The heat index is frequently 110 or more.
4) With the exception of North Florida even the Winters SUCK. You can get 80+ degrees with high humidity every single month of the the year. In South Florida I didn't use my air maybe ten days a year, in central florida about 45 days per year. You never know when your Christmas is going to be 83 and humid. The only time it cools off are with passing fronts so when it is comfortable out, the majority of time it is very windy which makes outdoor sports like Tennis a problem.
5) In the Winter which is the only time you can step outside, outdoor events are jammed because every snowbird in America is down for that 90 days of good weather. 18 holes on a crappy golf course charges usurous rates.
IN ADDITION ZERO CHANGE OF SEASONS
Florida has the worst climate in the country (UNLESS YOU LOVE HEAT AND HUMIDITY).

I used to live in Florida, so I know this personally!!!
You obviously don't like heat. People that like heat would see it as a benefit that Florida has 94 degree days in the summer and 80 degree days in the winter.

I could post a list of reasons why Massachusetts has a bad climate and say I know because I used to live there. But I wouldn't change the minds of people that like the cold.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 PM

1,855 posts, read 4,168,291 times
I prefer SoCal weather to Hawaii or Florida or the middle of the desert any day.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 PM

12,391 posts, read 23,766,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA4sure View Post

Well you know what Cali has the best weather.
Northern Cali deals with cold foggy rain type. While SoCal has the warm best year round weather.
Also San Diego has the Best weather in all of the US.
hrrm... wouldn't say that, there are microclimates... I wouldn't call nor cal like that, just right ON the coast.
San jose gets only 15 inches of precipitation a year, SF is 20... hell LA is 12...
precipitation days sj is 50, la is 28... I wouldn't shake a stick at either.
lets contrast that to precipitation in pac nw.
seattle 37, portland 36, olympia is 52 inches..

whole different ball game.

I certailny wouldn't live here if I thought it was rainy and foggy all the time...it isn't.

even sf which is the probably the worst of all of the norcal cities (it is in the middle of water on 3 sides...) as far as that goes only has 100 cloudy days a year, seattle is 225!

Last edited by grapico; 09-06-2009 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 01:03 PM

10 posts, read 7,207 times
i like the rain and like history rules noted year round sunny weather sucks.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 PM

333 posts, read 557,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddanderson View Post
Is thier a website that ranks the weather by state or like a comfort index
or something,
yes
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 09-29-2009 at 05:57 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 01:41 PM

767 posts, read 1,782,905 times
I would say SoCal from June (after the marine layer moves out) until about December. After that (Jan - May) I would pick Key West. SF is my overall favorite city to be in, but I definitely don't go there for the weather. Its usually way too chilly to be my perfect climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or