U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Chicago
721 posts, read 1,514,922 times
Reputation: 443

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
Ok, worst weather would be in the Dakotas.

But worst city weather would be Chicago, no doubt.
Lol, last time I checked Chicago isn't in either of the Dakotas. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2009, 05:37 PM
 
398 posts, read 883,946 times
Reputation: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
Lol, last time I checked Chicago isn't in either of the Dakotas. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I said worst city weather, not rural weather!

But given that Chicago has depopulated more than any other U.S., you are probably right that one day it will be considered rural!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Long Island/NYC
11,290 posts, read 16,308,671 times
Reputation: 6037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
I said worst city weather, not rural weather!

But given that Chicago has depopulated more than any other U.S., you are probably right that one day it will be considered rural!
That was grimy & uncalled for.

Best:
State: Florida
City: Tampa

Worst:
State: Alaska
City: Barrow

I couldn't live in a lot of Midwestern cities during the Winter though, its just too extremely cold.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
 
672 posts, read 1,491,697 times
Reputation: 496
I can't deal with:

1) Stifling Humidity
2) Frigid Cold
3) Insane Heat

California for sure.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Chicago
721 posts, read 1,514,922 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
I said worst city weather, not rural weather!

But given that Chicago has depopulated more than any other U.S., you are probably right that one day it will be considered rural!
Last time I checked, there were cities in the Dakotas.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,808 posts, read 21,845,728 times
Reputation: 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
Last time I checked, there were cities in the Dakotas.
That's true, but not very many - and not very big.
The entire state of North Dakota has a population only slightly more than that of the city of Seattle (and FAR less then the Seattle metro area). Most of the towns there are REALLY small and the largest city in the state has a population of less than 100,000 and the next biggest barely 50,000 (to many people that barely makes them cities, more like simply towns). I spent nearly 2 years there (in 2 separate towns of roughly 800 each).

Ken
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 09:15 AM
 
Location: St Paul, MN - NJ's Gold Coast
5,256 posts, read 11,554,910 times
Reputation: 3072
There's no city with perfect weather for me.

I hate hot humid summers (NJ has it)
I love winter, spring, and fall (NJ has it)

People love The bay area weather, and yea, they have the ideal summer, but for me, Where's winter at? No fall foliage?

A place with San Francisco summers, NJ winters, New England falls, and NJ Springs is the perfect weather... does it exist? Not that i know of.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,768,219 times
Reputation: 10030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
I said worst city weather, not rural weather!

But given that Chicago has depopulated more than any other U.S., you are probably right that one day it will be considered rural!
The troll is back! What is this, your 23rd user ID? Get a life, bub.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,768,219 times
Reputation: 10030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
That was grimy & uncalled for.

Best:
State: Florida
City: Tampa

Worst:
State: Alaska
City: Barrow

I couldn't live in a lot of Midwestern cities during the Winter though, its just too extremely cold.
You live in NYC. If you can handle NYC, you can handle most Midwestern cities, no problem. We're maybe a few degrees colder, but there are many Midwestern places that make NYC feel frigid.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 03:25 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,391 posts, read 23,674,897 times
Reputation: 5604
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
There's no city with perfect weather for me.

I hate hot humid summers (NJ has it)
I love winter, spring, and fall (NJ has it)

People love The bay area weather, and yea, they have the ideal summer, but for me, Where's winter at? No fall foliage?

A place with San Francisco summers, NJ winters, New England falls, and NJ Springs is the perfect weather... does it exist? Not that i know of.
yeah but over there you don't have golden fields and ultra green fields.

seriously hard to go wrong with mediterannean climate, only a few places in the world have it.

Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top