U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 AM

19,180 posts, read 50,030,673 times
San Diego then Albuquerque, IMO.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 06:45 AM

875 posts, read 68,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyapacheco2000 View Post
San Francisco is mostly foggy and cold year round
LOL No it's not! Good grief........lol

Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 AM

875 posts, read 68,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southamboy View Post
Based on your experience, which city or state has the best temperature? I currently live in NJ (decent summer that drags and cold winters that last too long). I am always looking at the postings in the other boards wishing I was moving to a different area with nicer weather. Maybe LA or better yet San Fransicso would be my choice. What about you guys? Also thinking Las Vegas, I know the summers are brutal, but at least they have a change of season.
Just about anywhere on the California coast has awesome weather. Even inland maybe 40 to 50 miles has great weather.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 AM

7,436 posts, read 4,661,490 times
El Paso Weather
El Paso Weather - Texas - Average Temperatures and Rainfall

EVERYBODY that has posted or will post is WRONG!
Because the best weather in the USA can be found in EL PASO TEXAS!
Yes, EL PASO TEXAS. Check out the link above.
Not too hot, mostly dry, very sunny, a taste of winter.... just perfect

Last edited by WildWestDude; 01-21-2008 at 10:57 AM..

Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 AM

7,436 posts, read 4,661,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Hawaii - for me it's no contest. Beautiful and warm year-round. What more can you ask?

Ken
nice but it can get boring.
Prefer a taste of the seasons

Old 01-21-2008, 01:36 PM

11,879 posts, read 24,958,825 times
I agree. No seasons at all would be Boooring... El Paso has one of the nicest climates in the country IMO. It has the dry desert climate but not the intense heat that you have in Arizona. Albuquerque comes to mind as well. That whole part of the US, where New Mexico and Texas meet has a great climate, IMO.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 PM

15,842 posts, read 13,674,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I agree. No seasons at all would be Boooring... El Paso has one of the nicest climates in the country IMO. It has the dry desert climate but not the intense heat that you have in Arizona. Albuquerque comes to mind as well. That whole part of the US, where New Mexico and Texas meet has a great climate, IMO.
I don't disagree it's a very good climate.
I still prefer Hawaii - but it's just too darned expensive, so...

...the fact of the matter is we've bought retirement property in SE Arizona - which actually has a very similar climate to that which is mentioned for El Paso. Look at the climate for places like Sierra Vista and Benson - both of which have climate nearly the same as that listed for El Paso. Benson is a couple of degrees warmer in the winter (and nearly the same in the summer). Sierra Vista is a about 5 degrees warmer in the winter and a couple of degrees cooler in the summer. This is quite a bit cooler from the blastfurnace that is SW Arizona.

After Southern California (which again is just toooooo expensive (and too crowded)) I do think that that section of the country has probably the best weather in the continental US.

Ken

Old 01-21-2008, 03:47 PM

823 posts, read 2,464,664 times
Southern California with it's Mediterranean like climate which is unique in the U.S.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,520,331 times
Bozeman, MT

I wub the snow and cold.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:43 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,773,011 times
San Diego. Normal high temperatures range from 66-78 degree during the year, and 49-66 at night. The only complaint for some might be that there aren't really seasonal changes in the form of temperature swings.

San Francisco IMO has an absolutely HORRIBLE climate. 50-55 degree, foggy summers? No, thank you. The thing about SF is that even though it doesn't rain much, it still manages to gloomy and uncomfortably chilly a fair amount of the time.

10 Day Weather Forecast for San Francisco, CA - weather.com

Where do I sign up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City