U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 05:07 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,696,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
My best weather vote would go to Salt Lake City. It has four distinct seasons with a hot summer good for swimming and a cold winter with a nice amount of snow.
I couldnt agree more because I have to live in a place with 4 seasons, but it all depends on what the individual likes. I don't think there can be a right or wrong answer to this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:35 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,009,288 times
NOT OMAHA! We get the harshest of all the seasons... I went to Anaheim once and every day when we left the hotel it was hard to tell we had left the beautifully airconditioned lobby. So I'd probably throw a vote behind So. Calif. if i didn't like seasons and challenging weather so much.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:43 AM

337 posts, read 1,360,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
NOT OMAHA! We get the harshest of all the seasons... I went to Anaheim once and every day when we left the hotel it was hard to tell we had left the beautifully airconditioned lobby. So I'd probably throw a vote behind So. Calif. if i didn't like seasons and challenging weather so much.
I'm going to go with the contrary here. haha.

I'm going to say Des Moines or Omaha because of the interesting weather.

Winter is windy, cold, and snowy - very harsh. Spring is pretty when everything is BRIGHT green - and that ushers in the severe thunderstorms and tornadoes of late spring and summer which is always exciting. Summer is hot and humid - and fall is just beautiful.

I probably wouldn't mind SoCal weather either though.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:06 PM

692 posts, read 2,372,618 times
Quote:
Monterrey County, CA
Cooler than so Cal with more foggy days.
Cooler average temperatures with LESS in the way of Santa Ana winds/hot days.
The Coast Ranges also modify the climate in the surrounding areas!
The reason I pick this area of CA is because it is a little less arid than areas further south which I dislike.
Absolutely, along with Santa Barbra.
Unfortunately the fires make it there too.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM

625 posts, read 1,930,171 times
It all depends on your personal preferance - I prefer hot, humid weather, so Miami is pretty much the love of my life. lol.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM

58 posts, read 95,529 times
Default Weather ranking by state

Is thier a website that ranks the weather by state or like a comfort index
or something,

Old 01-11-2009, 06:36 PM

1,291 posts, read 3,489,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
San Diego. Normal high temperatures range from 66-78 degree during the year, and 49-66 at night. The only complaint for some might be that there aren't really seasonal changes in the form of temperature swings.

San Francisco IMO has an absolutely HORRIBLE climate. 50-55 degree, foggy summers? No, thank you. The thing about SF is that even though it doesn't rain much, it still manages to gloomy and uncomfortably chilly a fair amount of the time.

10 Day Weather Forecast for San Francisco, CA - weather.com

Where do I sign up?
^^^^ that looks really nice. lol. Having lived in SF, yes it is cool, but 50-55 degrees is not common summer temps. May and June are foggy, but it is sunny much of the year.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:43 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,661,881 times
I like it here in San Antonio. It's hot in the summer, but there are hotter places, and deffinately more humid ones. I'd love to have 4 seasons, but I think generally people see it as "the grass is always greener on the other side". Overall I hear alot of negatives about the heat at times, but I don't hear too many people complaining about wanting to move away because of the weather. I also love the rain in the New Orleans area, but deffinately not good durring hurricane season.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:13 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,650,713 times
Oh, but South Florida HAS 4 seasons, don't ya know. Hot, hotter, hottest, and get me outta here!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM

6,979 posts, read 15,132,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Oh, but South Florida HAS 4 seasons, don't ya know. Hot, hotter, hottest, and get me outta here!
Amen to that sister!!!!!!

As for best weather, I have to say Nashville's weather is pretty darn nice to me. You get all the seasons but not to extreme and the geography there is one of the best I have seen in all of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or