U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM

91 posts, read 386,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Love Buffalo! I love the mild, warm summers, then comes the gorgeous Fall foliage and perfect temps, then comes winter - where Lake Erie gives us incredible large lake-effect snow flakes, and creates an exciting atmosphere to come together as a community and survive in what may be considered a long winter. I love Spring here, as it builds up to our fantastic summers - yes Lake Erie's hundreds of miles of surface is fozen over currently, but in the summer it is great for swimming - sometimes the water can get to a perfect 80+ degrees, to which many enjoy.

I don't really care what other people say about our weather, but we have four seasons here in Buffalo - the perfect weather? No, but it sure is a great place to raise children because they can enjoy a variety of weather elements which is good for your kids.
exactly. depends who you are, if u like hockey, ice skating, snow, variety, NorstEast is the way to go. if you're like me, who has to play tennis 12 months a year, california and las vegas may be the best place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,948,319 times
California.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 AM

1,291 posts, read 3,491,055 times
Either San Jose, San Luis Obispo (central coast of CA), or Coastal Southern California. All 3 are mild, with ever so slight tweaks on precipitation, avg high's and lows. Pick your paradise.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,225,469 times
SF Bay Area. Year-round sweater weather.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 PM

1,576 posts, read 4,714,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiga9 View Post
exactly. depends who you are, if u like hockey, ice skating, snow, variety, NorstEast is the way to go. if you're like me, who has to play tennis 12 months a year, california and las vegas may be the best place to live.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 AM

304 posts, read 813,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
SF Bay Area. Year-round sweater weather.
No.

it can be 60 on one city and 90 in another just a few miles inland ....

u ppl know nothing about the Bay and its microclimates

Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,023,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiga9 View Post
oh come on, maryland and delaware gets too cold in the winter (december)...average of 45 degrees high. San Diego gets avg. 66 degrees high in december.

and even in maryland it gets too warm in the summer (maybe 88 high avg.), where san diego keeps cool at around 75. believe it or not, san diego is too perfect (i wish i lived there, im a tennis player, need the nice weather).
depends on ther person you go by

One person can love 90degrees and the next loves 40degrees.

Me, i like the 50s and 40s the most
60s and 70s are ok too
anything above 70 im not to fond of and under freezing im not fond of either

thats perfect TO ME.

How can one say what the perfect weather is when there's 6billion people who think diffrently

San Diego, Too hot for me.
Not perfect

Old 02-04-2009, 04:38 PM

198 posts, read 572,694 times
Are you guys crazy? Hawaii has hurricanes, high humidity and so does florida, south florida is awfull with muggy weather and rain driven summers, sure winters are nice but thats it..

Southern California

Spring - perfect weather, rains if they are lucky 60s/70s
Summer - perfect weather, never rains 70s/80s
Fall - perfect weather, 60s/70s
Winter - overcast, misty or sunny, 50s/60s

NO HURRICANES
LOW HUMIDITY
HARDLY RAINS

Smog? Los Angeles not SD
Fires? were talking weather
Santa Ana's? thats the only time SoCal gets in the 90s

Desert cities move over.. cuz that winter weather you get.. SoCal has year around =) plus it's green, no monsoon's, beautiful ocean, beaches, Snow is visible but you sure dont feel it.. Florida shouldnt even try to compete.. swamp infested aligator magnet humidity and hurricane haven people go to for short vacations... theres a reason SoCal dont have 100 miles of hotels.. cuz people who visit usually move there...

Hawaii is a good contendor... except its poverty prone and in the middle of absolutely nowhere.. very nice to visit though.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 PM

162 posts, read 564,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
I would say Maryland or Delaware.
I guess Delaware is just so empty because nobody has figured this out yet... ?

I would say the Florida Keys have a nice year round climate. Although warm in the summer, there's always a breeze off the water.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:37 AM

9,371 posts, read 17,497,562 times
Santa Barbara California...not too hot, not too cold, low humidity....paradise. I would also second San Luis Obispo and the Pismo Beach area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or