U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Indy or Louisville?
Indianapolis 23 67.65%
Louisvile 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 PM

6,462 posts, read 8,748,250 times

Advertisements

I realize this is an old post, but why would you put an "Indy vs Louisville" thread in the Indianapolis forum? Don't you think more Indy fans and residents will see it? Of course they will vote for it over Louisville, pretty biased results there. Best bet would have been to go in the City vs City, unless you're just looking for reassurance that Indianapolis is better in someway to suit your aspirations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
i think most metro area boundaries are ridiculous now..anderson is 43 miles from downtown indy..to me thats not part of metro indy.akron is 26 miles from cleveland and not included in the msa.but madison county showed negative growth and would have lowered metro indys growth rate so maybe its good it isnt included.indianapolis is doing great showing growth at a time when other cities in the region are losing population.only columbus ohio which added 226,000 ppl to its msa did better than indianapolis in the region.
I think the metro area encompasses all the suburban and outlying towns that feed the city. There are plenty of people will make 43 mile commute to work every day.

Also, not sure if it was or wasn't when your post was written, but I'm pretty sure Akron is part of the Cleveland metro now, and if not it's at the very least part of the CSA. Also, Akron is more of its own city that just happens to have a close border with Cleveland. Anderson is like a satellite city of Indy, it grew up with Indy.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:19 PM

892 posts, read 1,349,528 times
Having lived in both, albeit only a short time in Louisville, I greatly prefer Indy. It's not unlike Louisville but everything seems a bit bigger, pro sports, hosts major events like SB, etc.. and it's closer to Chicago

Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 AM

8,337 posts, read 13,843,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I realize this is an old post, but why would you put an "Indy vs Louisville" thread in the Indianapolis forum? Don't you think more Indy fans and residents will see it? Of course they will vote for it over Louisville, pretty biased results there. Best bet would have been to go in the City vs City, unless you're just looking for reassurance that Indianapolis is better in someway to suit your aspirations.
city v city forum is where intellect goes to die.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:06 PM

613 posts, read 726,889 times
Haha agreed. Indy is what it is: a sports centric city of about 1.8 million. Love it or hate it.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
city v city forum is where intellect goes to die.
I'm not sure that Louisville is going to get quite the same representation in the Indianapolis forum though. If this had been placed in the Louisville forum I would be willing to bet the poll results and response would be quite the opposite.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:14 PM

613 posts, read 726,889 times
Quote:
I'm not sure that Louisville is going to get quite the same representation in the Indianapolis forum though. If this had been placed in the Louisville forum I would be willing to bet the poll results and response would be quite the opposite.
You think?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieIndy View Post
You think?
No, I posted that for nothing.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:13 AM

261 posts, read 325,268 times
Quote:
I agree, if you post it in the Indy forum, Indy is bound to win. If you post it in the Louisville Forum, Louisville would win.

for a real unbiased opinion, post it in the St Louis and/or Cinncinatti forum and see which town gets the most votes.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:17 AM

8,337 posts, read 13,843,475 times
OR, and I know this is wild, you could post it in both the Indianapolis and the Louisville forum. Consider what is said, and draw your own conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City