Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Detroit or Indianapolis
Detroit 15 45.45%
Indianapolis 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 PM

607 posts, read 2,979,434 times

Advertisements

the two closest in population in the midwest. I vote for Detroit, being that my parents live there and I like it everytime I visit. which one do you choose?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Detroit hands down!!! it has so much more culture and things to offer. Indianaplis is just a run-of-the-mill city, resturaunt chains, nothing unique. Detroit is a great city, they don't even compare.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 PM

554 posts, read 2,500,705 times
How many user names do you have?

Anyways, Indianapolis and Columbus are much more closer in population than Detroit and Indianapolis.

I'd rather live in Indianapolis. Detroit may have more history, but it's also very run down. Indy has better race relations, and is far less segregated (the city itself, the suburbs don't have too much diversity IMO). Indianapolis has plenty to do, and is close to major cities if you want a great roadtrip. Everything in Detroit is centered downtown, and after 5 it's pretty much dead. In Indy, you have downtown, plus the affluent northside.

Indianapolis is the fastest growing major metro in the midwest, while Detroit metro is barely growing.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:18 PM

102 posts, read 454,814 times
How come there are so many threads with Detroit vs. random city? Are there a lot of people from Detroit on this forum or what? Anyways I go with Indianapolis. Neither are exceptional cities but Indianapolis has fewer problems than Detroit has.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 AM

15 posts, read 34,652 times
HOORAY! Indy is winning, score one for Naptown! Indy is like the unappreciated little brother of the midwest. Quite awesome, but still trying to find it's own indentity. But it's coming along...So don't hate, congradulate!

Seriously though...although I've never been to detroit, I've read enough stats, seen enough pics, and heard enough experiences to get the idea it is a hellhole that just keeps spiraling downward. Plus, there seems to be a lot of racial tension there. As a black woman engaged to a white man, I'm not really feeling all that. Indy may not have the diversity of most big cities, but it also doesn't have the racial tension. Sad sad sad things have to be that way.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:11 AM

Indianapolis, is a nice city for the most part, alot less crime than Detroit. but Detroit has alot more to offer, I go out at a nice resturaunt each night, or see a play, or stroll downtown watching the construction on the book cadillac. I attend wayne state univ. and I have never had any problem with crime, even though I have read the news. the truth is that the WSU, and Downtown area is pretty nice, and safe. I take a jog through the streets everynight, and nothing has happened i see other WSU students jogging along with wealthy merchants walking to their lofts. I'll go for Detroit, taking that I've never visited Indianapolis, but I hear it has alot of food chains, and not much of an entertainment venue other than the race track. I am taking summer classes here, and the area is still full of a college like setting.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:22 AM

I like Detroit more, coming from someone who lives near cleveland, it's a pretty biased opinion. but I really think Detroit has more to offer than Indy.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:15 AM

11 posts, read 58,543 times
Detroit??? The only place worse than Detroit which I could think of is hell!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:34 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Your posting is far too vague.

Please see the room sticky about posting guidelines: What To Post In This Room (and - NOT). READ BEFORE POSTING ****

If you wish to compare two (or more) areas, you should have a reason for comparison such as comparing economies, best or worst educational systems, weather, recreational amenities, etc. Not JUST "which is best?".

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City