U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 PM

2,481 posts, read 3,211,249 times
I haven't seen official reports or anything to confirm this but I think it really boils down to this based on what I've seen in both cities.

1. Chicago's worst neighborhoods are far more dangerous than Atlanta's worst.

2. Chicago's best neighborhoods are far safer than Atlanta's best neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 01:41 PM

3,556 posts, read 4,211,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Statistically, Chicago is safer. I think Chicago has the worst hoods though.

You can't wear your hat any type of way in at least half of the city.
I'd say probably more than half of the city.

Anyways Chicago's worst are worse than ATL's. The safe parts are probably similar

mas23

Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM

2,406 posts, read 1,870,485 times
Can't really compare them. There is bad and good in both cities. I think they're fairly similar percentage wise overall, Chicago being a little safer as a whole when looking at the numbers.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:55 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,049,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
A new list, based on police reports, says that one Chicago neighborhood around West Lake Street -- is the most dangerous in America, but also notes that Atlanta is home to four of the 25 worst neighborhoods.

Other hot spots include parts of Las Vegas, Cleveland and Memphis, Tenn.

So why look at neighborhoods and not cities? Well, even the cities with the highest crime rates can have relatively safe neighborhoods, making it less useful to generalize about an entire city.
America's Most Dangerous Neighborhoods: Areas With Violent Crime - ABC News
that lists l street in se dc at #9. that is not that bad of an area at all. in fact, i'm pretty sure there hasn't been a murder there since 2005.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City