U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which of these Southern Cities has the most foot traffic?
Atlanta 51 59.30%
Houston 14 16.28%
Dallas 10 11.63%
Memphis 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Charlotte again!!
1,037 posts, read 956,047 times
Reputation: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Key word ( out of these 4 ) I guess you missed that..
U like starting arguments for no reason... U can check in the charlotte forum and see some of the post from some of your fellow atlamta posyers... Specifically the thread titled: charloote from an atl perspective..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Charlotte again!!
1,037 posts, read 956,047 times
Reputation: 472
[quote=Akhenaton06;18558937]Charlotte's core has come a long ways over the years, but it honestly doesn't belong in the same category as NOLA, Charleston, and Richmond. Totally different type of city with challenges that those cities with more mature, intact urban fabr ics don't have within their downtowns (i.e., lack of streetfront retail, public spaces).[/QUOTe

downtown charlotte is extremely vibrant and dense with foot traffic during the day... There are restaurants, retail, museums, gyms,everywhere... I find it interesting that everytime charlotte is mentioned all the atl posters come
Out to bash...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Charlotte again!!
1,037 posts, read 956,047 times
Reputation: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I keep hearing this from people but personally have not seen this though most of my time has been weeknights

And do agree on some of the others; NOLA, Charleston etc have very pedestrian friendly and vibrant downtowns - I honestly have never been in DT Richmond
It is totally different during the day... U really should xheck it out especially between 11am and 2pm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,084,299 times
Reputation: 6647
[quote=qc dreamin;18565840]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Charlotte's core has come a long ways over the years, but it honestly doesn't belong in the same category as NOLA, Charleston, and Richmond. Totally different type of city with challenges that those cities with more mature, intact urban fabr ics don't have within their downtowns (i.e., lack of streetfront retail, public spaces).[/QUOTe

downtown charlotte is extremely vibrant and dense with foot traffic during the day... There are restaurants, retail, museums, gyms,everywhere... I find it interesting that everytime charlotte is mentioned all the atl posters come
Out to bash...
Charlotte is irrelevant to the topic; you need to pick out of the given cities. It wouldn't hurt you that much to pick Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 AM
 
Location: The City
18,901 posts, read 15,415,554 times
Reputation: 5505
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
downtown charlotte is extremely vibrant and dense with foot traffic during the day... There are restaurants, retail, museums, gyms,everywhere... I find it interesting that everytime charlotte is mentioned all the atl posters come
Out to bash...

Honestly I re-read the post and didnt find it to be at all "bashing" - someone seems sensitive

And from my time in Charlotte I would agree with the comments; while Charlotte has gotten better in terms of street level foot traffic it is still not there among the others noted; especially at night which to me is what seperates areas, there are so many work centers with street level actiity during the work week but being able to maintain this into the evening is what seperates the top urban enclaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 08:58 AM
 
1,667 posts, read 1,430,553 times
Reputation: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
U like starting arguments for no reason... U can check in the charlotte forum and see some of the post from some of your fellow atlamta posyers... Specifically the thread titled: charloote from an atl perspective..
I would give that title too u..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 AM
 
1,667 posts, read 1,430,553 times
Reputation: 484
[quote=qc dreamin;18565840]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Charlotte's core has come a long ways over the years, but it honestly doesn't belong in the same category as NOLA, Charleston, and Richmond. Totally different type of city with challenges that those cities with more mature, intact urban fabr ics don't have within their downtowns (i.e., lack of streetfront retail, public spaces).[/QUOTe

downtown charlotte is extremely vibrant and dense with foot traffic during the day... There are restaurants, retail, museums, gyms,everywhere... I find it interesting that everytime charlotte is mentioned all the atl posters come
Out to bash...
Why do u feel the need to bring up Charlotte when its not even apart of this thread.. if you would stop glorifying Charlotte people wouldn't always have something to say..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 AM
eek
 
Location: Queens, NY
3,576 posts, read 4,081,279 times
Reputation: 1319
downtown (or uptown as they call it) charlotte is not worth bragging about. sorry. its not terrible but ...its just not "there" yet.

at all. it leaves much to be desired...for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Charlotte again!!
1,037 posts, read 956,047 times
Reputation: 472
For the record o said new orleans, charleston and richmond as well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2011, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Charlotte again!!
1,037 posts, read 956,047 times
Reputation: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Honestly I re-read the post and didnt find it to be at all "bashing" - someone seems sensitive

And from my time in Charlotte I would agree with the comments; while Charlotte has gotten better in terms of street level foot traffic it is still not there among the others noted; especially at night which to me is what seperates areas, there are so many work centers with street level actiity during the work week but being able to maintain this into the evening is what seperates the top urban enclaves.

I can see what u mean however of that is the case then mone of the four cities mentioned meets the criteria for a vibrant downtown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top