U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: ...........
Agree 65 28.26%
Disagree 165 71.74%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2011, 08:03 PM

752 posts, read 523,704 times
Philadelphia will always be a city if not THE city that "made" America literally. Philly is in everybody's history books no matter what country you're from or what you prefer. Anyone who graduated from high school or studied American history knows Philadelphia. There's just no way around it on this one.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Close enough.
Lol sure.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 PM

2,255 posts, read 1,785,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
Philadelphia will always be a city if not THE city that "made" America literally. Philly is in everybody's history books no matter what country you're from or what you prefer. Anyone who graduated from high school or studied American history knows Philadelphia. There's just no way around it on this one.
I agree, it is a very important city. It just kind of gets swallowed up by N.Y.C. in that region. I prefer Philly to N.Y.C. if you want to know the truth. I actually would say that Philly is a more important city than Atlanta as well. What I am saying is that Atlanta represents an entire region of the U.S., for better or worse, and should be included in the top 5 cities that make up the country.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Lol sure.
For this comparison, I think it is.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I agree, it is a very important city. It just kind of gets swallowed up by N.Y.C. in that region. I prefer Philly to N.Y.C. if you want to know the truth. I actually would say that Philly is a more important city than Atlanta as well. What I am saying is that Atlanta represents an entire region of the U.S., for better or worse, and should be included in the top 5 cities that make up the country.
NYC is without a doubt the bigger city. But there's no city that swallows Philly in terms of Americas history. This is coming from a new yorker who now resides in Philly. You can't change history.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 PM

191 posts, read 39,201 times
Quote:
repped!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
NYC is without a doubt the bigger city. But there's no city that swallows Philly in terms of Americas history. This is coming from a new yorker who now resides in Philly. You can't change history.
The question was not which U.S. cities are most important historically. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
The question was not which U.S. cities are most important historically. Otherwise, I agree with you.
It wasn't. The question per the OP is which 5 cities make america? I only said Philly is a city that made America literally, that's all. The question also wasn't "which city swallows another city?" if this thread were about the biggest and most historic I'm sure you wouldn't have put Atlanta on your list.

Maybe this all boils down to interpretation...

Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
It wasn't. The question per the OP is which 5 cities make america? I only said Philly is a city that made America literally, that's all. The question also wasn't "which city swallows another city?" if this thread were about the biggest and most historic I'm sure you wouldn't have put Atlanta on your list.

Maybe this all boils down to interpretation...
You're right.(and repped)

Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,443,475 times
I agree.

Last edited by West of Encino; 06-24-2011 at 10:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City