Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 AM

240 posts, read 559,083 times

Advertisements

Georgia VS North Carolina?

If I had my choice on the matter between the 2, I would pick Georgia. I already live in the Raleigh/Durham area and loathe it. The state of NC, in general, is very over-rated in my opinion. I don't know if I could live in Atlanta though. I had been thinking about Savannah.

What can anybody on this board tell me about the city of Savannah, GA? Possibility exists that I may have to move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:26 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Savannah is definitely the best coastal city between the two states, IMO. You probably should visit the specific Savannah forum for more info though.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 AM

3,708 posts, read 5,982,315 times
Both states are great choices. If I had to live in a southern state other than Georgia, I'd choose NC in a heartbeat.

Georgia has Savannah and Athens, NC has Asheville. NC's mountains are bigger & the state has more coastline. Georgia has Atlanta. Both states have awesome higher education (NC's schools are slightly more prestigous, but Georgia has the HOPE and thus nearly free tuition to public universities).

Georgia and North Carolina typify the "New South", and there are long lists of great things about both states.

Hopefully South Carolina catches up soon? (I jest.)

Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Savannah is definitely the best coastal city between the two states, IMO. You probably should visit the specific Savannah forum for more info though.
No problem. I agree with you completely. I am not really a beach person but they are nice to walk through, visit, and spend considerable time there every now and then. There is a possibility I may be moving to Savannah in the future for school. I will also be sure to visit the city itself in addition to visiting the threads to make a determination. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 AM

One good thing about Georgia is that it was rated #7 on the ''best states to make a living'' list from Money Rates, and it makes perfect sense. Since City Data does not like us putting links on here, the only suggestion I can make is to google or yahoo it for proof. More people on this list (myself included) seem to like Georgia better.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Georgia has Savannah and Athens, NC has Asheville.
And Chapel Hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhornc View Post
One good thing about Georgia is that it was rated #7 on the ''best states to make a living'' list from Money Rates, and it makes perfect sense. Since City Data does not like us putting links on here, the only suggestion I can make is to google or yahoo it for proof. More people on this list (myself included) seem to like Georgia better.
Actually, as a state, I like NC better. I think it's more progressive overall (especially politically), I like the fact that the wealth is spread throughout the state instead of being concentrated in one city, and I like the fact that the state has a much more congenial relationship with its largest cities. But NC doesn't have an exact match for Atlanta and Savannah. Charlotte and Wilmington are as close as it gets, but NC has better and more varied second tier cities IMO.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:07 PM

354 posts, read 627,115 times
Both States are overrated if you ask me they bout neck n neck. My thing is when people say they are moving to georgia i already know they moving to atlanta just say atlanta not georgia we all know thats the only major city in GA.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontstressem22 View Post
Both States are overrated if you ask me they bout neck n neck. My thing is when people say they are moving to georgia i already know they moving to atlanta just say atlanta not georgia we all know thats the only major city in GA.
You've obviously never been to Savannah.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:43 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Or anywhere else in the state.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Or anywhere else in the state.
Are you guys trying to say that Georgia has other major cities besides Atlanta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City