U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:09 PM

67 posts, read 123,241 times

Advertisements

Alright, so im trying to decide between these two places. I know in NC I am referring to the triangle area (Durham, Raleigh), but I'm not sure about Georgia. My criteria is; nice, warm weather, sunny, nice people, I love water, good school districts, around a large city, but I like small town feels, some open land, I love sports, especially baseball and basketball (go Braves), I love being outdoors and a dog friendly environment. Also, preferably a place with a good zoo and/or aquarium. I dont mind driving a couple hours for a sports event or day at the zoo. Thanks in advance guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 12:26 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 4,222,640 times
georgia.

-nc doesn't have an mlb team. they have minor league teams if you're into that.
-if you lived on the outskirts of a major city in nc you'd be driving hours to go to the zoo or the aquarium, iirc.
-both are warm and sunny and near various bodies of water
-atlanta is obviously larger than anything nc has to offer...maybe one of the surrounding cities in the metro area would be nice for you.
-the hawks are better than the bobcats.
-yankees are winning the WS this year!
etc.

good luck with your move.
-

Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Good luck Yankees.... Not.. Lol, that's for another thread though. Thanks for the input.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 4,222,640 times
you're welcome lol. oh and raleigh over durham, by the way if you choose nc.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:02 PM

Alright cool, thanks.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:30 PM

6,527 posts, read 6,760,913 times
Raleigh would be a good choice as well as Asheville.

Northern burbs of Atlanta would also be a good choice if want to have a small town vibe but be within close proximity of lots of amenities. More so than what you can find in one city in North Carolina.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:34 PM

Alright cool. Bout how far away from the beach is ATL?

Old 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,398,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahok View Post
Alright cool. Bout how far away from the beach is ATL?
I think about four hours (abt 230 miles). When you said you loved water and didn't mind driving a few hours for a sporting event or to go to the zoo, I immediately thought that Savannah would be the best fit for you in GA.

For NC, I'd recommend Wilmington. As it was stated, there isn't MLB in NC but it has one of the best college basketball scenes in the nation in the Raleigh/Durham area and the NBA is in Charlotte. The NC Zoo is located in Asheboro and an aquarium is in the Wilmington area. Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, and Asheboro are all closer to Wilmington than Savannah is to Atlanta, but you'd only have direct interstate access to Raleigh/Durham.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:41 PM

I was thinking Savanah. I've heard there is nice people there, and I'm used to driving a while to get to places. I'm pretty sure I've picked Georgia, just not entirely sure where yet. Probably Savanah.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,398,880 times
Savannah would be a good choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City