Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 09:43 PM

229 posts, read 1,043,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Dude, please quit resurrecting this thread just for the sake of keeping it going.
A thread becomes "dead" when the webmasters of this website deem it to be so. That usually happens when the interchange becomes mean-spirited, but until then, anybody can contribute whatever they want with regard to the subject matter of a particular thread. A thread does not become "dead" just because YOU decide it to be so, even though you have decided to call yourself the Usurper of Threads. So I don't have to "quit resurrecting" something that isn't dead. And as I told JerichoHW earlier, you are not my doctor and you are not my commanding officer, so I do not take orders from you.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/...5f93d717_o.jpg

Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 PM

203 posts, read 689,278 times
^wow miami is the best

no competition

Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
A thread becomes "dead" when the webmasters of this website deem it to be so. That usually happens when the interchange becomes mean-spirited, but until then, anybody can contribute whatever they want with regard to the subject matter of a particular thread. A thread does not become "dead" just because YOU decide it to be so, even though you have decided to call yourself the Usurper of Threads. So I don't have to "quit resurrecting" something that isn't dead. And as I told JerichoHW earlier, you are not my doctor and you are not my commanding officer, so I do not take orders from you.
Youre like the only one posting here pretty much. Go invade skyscrapercity.com.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Go invade skyscrapercity.com.
Been there, done that! On SkyscraperCity, I am QuantumX from the Brave New Miami. Before that, it was SkyscraperPage where I am NewAtlantisMiami as well.

That height map is really all I wanted to post until I get my own camera and start getting my own perspectives of the Miami skyline. Driving from Miami International Airport toward downtown and from the Rickenbacker Causeway into the Brickell Financial District, it does remind you of Chicago, though it will never be anywhere near as big. And that map shows you where we can have tall buildings in relation to the Miami River and Biscayne Bay and shows why the Miami skyline is shaping up to look like the Chicago skyline and not just any waterfront skyline.

Anyway, until I start shooting my own, their just aren't any good pics of Miami left to post unless someone posts more in the Miami forum. But do post some pics of Chicago like the ones I did. Those are fantastic! Somebody from Chicago posted them on SkyscraperPage, and I copied them from there. And I would love to see some more like that.

Btw, we do have buildings over 500 feet tall that are outside of those boxes with the height specifications. They just can't be over 600 feet tall. Anyway, until I find new pics or take some of my own, this is it for now.

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; 07-12-2008 at 11:51 PM..

Old 07-12-2008, 11:52 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
I still say the Miami Skyline reminds me of Uptown Houston.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I still say the Miami Skyline reminds me of Uptown Houston.
Considering Houston is still 3rd in the nation in the 500 feet tall and up range, I consider that a compliment. The Miami skyline reminds me of uptown Houston as well. I was out and about again yesterday, and the Miami skyline the way it looks today is one ass-kicker. The drive from South Beach or the airport will make you pee in your pants. Wait a while before you come see it for yourself, and it will be even better. Like I said, we aren't done yet down here. We have developers who are simply waiting for a market rebound.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:22 PM

Default Leaving Miami Beach via the Julia Tuttle Causeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
^wow miami is the best

no competition
Just got a Nikon Coolpix, so this is my own stuff now.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/...b0e17088_b.jpg

Old 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM

Default From the west bridge of the JFK Causeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
^wow miami is the best

no competition

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3286/...e87ee66c_o.jpg

Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,063,085 times
Chicago hands down. It's hard to even compare the two as Chicago has the height, density, better architecture, you name it. Chicago by far. The only thing the two have in common is that they are both located next to a body of water. Other than that, there are few similarities.

Last edited by BlackOut; 07-17-2008 at 11:13 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 08:36 AM

314 posts, read 1,037,067 times
manhattan is the only thing that competes with chicago and chicago wins since 9/11. Miami is next but a league below those two (closer to manhattan than chicago) but one thing about miami is all the buildings are BEAUTIFUL. All are practically new and made with tropical colors at times while NY and Chi have very old buildings with a few new ones mixed in

height-1.chicago 2.new york 3.miami
density1.new york 2. chicago

Look at that last pick of Chicago the buildings are mostly old and ugly. Half of them are project housing apartment buildings and Hancock and Sears are big ugly black monsters. I don't see how anyone can call that beautiful architecture. While in Miami you have amazing unique looking buildings like

bank of america tower

four seasons

wachovia financial center

and many more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City