U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 PM

17 posts, read 54,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGBOY View Post
Miami's skyline is nothing more than shoddy half empty condo buildings.

Chicago has beautiful buildings with actual significance.
You'lle be surprized in 10 years miami with such a big building boom, by 2020, downtown miami will be half the size of Manhattan and these empty buildings are all under construction, to think in the year 2020 will have 4 buildings above 1,000 feet.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 PM

17 posts, read 54,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
This is Brickell Avenue as you cross the Miami River and enter the Brickell Financial District (Miami's Wall Street).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/...e38e2ed5_o.jpg

Brickell (Plaza on Brickell and Icon Brickell) and Beyond to the Central Business District (Everglades on the Bay) and the Edgewater Arts District (Opera Tower).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3097/...709d771c_o.jpg
how can anyone say that that is not a future manhattan, i mean that's a really manhattinized part of miami!

Old 05-14-2009, 04:49 AM

229 posts, read 949,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iemaster13 View Post
how can anyone say that that is not a future manhattan, i mean that's a really manhattinized part of miami!
Did you not see all those pics of mine on page 34 that I shot with Ultralight Adventures and from the roof of the Bank of America tower in the middle of downtown Miami? I think they say it more than any other pics myself or anybody else has posted here! That is why I posted them! And being a published urban/architectural photographer who has studied skyscraper architecture and history since before many of you were born, I do know a little something about what I'm doing and what I'm talking about. Miami is Miami, and Chicago is Chicago! But the way the Miami skyline is coming together along Biscayne Bay and along the Miami River, it is beginning to resemble the Chicago skyline more than any other major major skyline and will resemble it more so in the future. This is only the beginning.

Peyton Manning and Eli Manning are two star quarterbacks who have both won Super Bowls, but Peyton Manning is always going to be Eli Manning's big brother. There is no changing that! One was born before the other. It is as simple as that! And Miami is just getting its growth spurt, beginning to fill out, grow hair on its face, get pumped up and sound like a man. Now its showing big brother what it can do because it has some fancy, but different kind of moves too. So don't pick on your little brother. He's not going to show you up because he can't. He doesn't want to anyway. He loves you because you're the one who gave him the idea of what kind of man he could be.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:34 PM

From wirednewyork.com :
Bayfront Plaza redesign completes
Terra Architecture has announced the completion of its redesign of One Bayfront Plaza, a US1.8 billion dollars landmark project set to redefine the skyline of Miami. Terra Architecture initially won the competition to design what will be Miami’s tallest building in 2006 and has been developing the design of this mixed use project since. An extensive redesign of the project which began last Autumn has just completed with the project now composed of a single 1,010 ft tall iconic tower with unparalleled views of Biscayne Bay.
One Bayfront Plaza is located at the heart of Downtown Miami, encompassing 2 city blocks. The project totals approximately 4 million sq ft, with 1.3 million sq ft of signature Class A office space, an 850 room hotel, 150,000 sq ft of retail area and one of the highest observation decks in the country, all located in the mixed use, 80 storey tower. The project is being designed to achieve LEED Silver certification.
The 850 key, world class, full service hotel, will be supplemented by 120,000 sq ft of banquet and exhibition space to serve significant conventions and meetings as well as the needs of the office and retail components.
The retail component fills the first three floors and will create a parallel destination for the 12 million annual visitors to Bayside Marketplace as well as for the more than 4 million annual cruise ship passengers.
The development schedule remains on track for groundbreaking in 2011 and the completion of the project in 2015.
a few renders that came with the news:

Old 05-20-2009, 01:59 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,666,360 times
Ugly and with the sun beating down on it, enough to blind you.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:14 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,094,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iemaster13 View Post
I will say it. Much of the new development Miami as seen recently are high-rise condos. Many of which are unoccupied and still overpriced.

Miami has a long way to go towards filling vacancy rates before any new development would make sense.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 AM

322 posts, read 688,622 times
I believe it is unanimous that Miami has a better skyline...

mods please lock this thread..thanks

Old 05-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I will say it. Much of the new development Miami as seen recently are high-rise condos. Many of which are unoccupied and still overpriced.

Miami has a long way to go towards filling vacancy rates before any new development would make sense.
Iemaster13 did not give a time frame for when Miami would become "a future Manhattan." He said that based on what it already looks like now and could potentially become at some point in the future regardless of what the market is doing right now. Of course new development in Miami doesn't make any sense right now, but One Bayfront Plaza is not scheduled to break ground for at least two years and will take at least four years to complete.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,094,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
I believe it is unanimous that Miami has a better skyline...

mods please lock this thread..thanks
That's funny because you are from LA saying Miami's skyline is better than Chicago, which everyone knows is laughable.

But, on a serious note, Miami's skyline IS significantly better than LA's. How ironic how that works, huh?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 PM

11,023 posts, read 21,612,905 times
^^ I think he was being sarcastic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or