Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 11:04 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I still wouldn't believe such an insane notion that every single one of those wealthy people in NoVA comes from up North.
Those wealthy people come from just over yonder in DC

Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 PM

6 posts, read 21,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Agreed there...Gainesville, Missouri is practically on the border of Northern Arkansas. There are TONS of Hillbilly towns in Northern Arkansas. Probably the most scary hillbilly town I've ever been to would have to be Berea, KY....I found myself surrounded on all sides by rednecks with guns in old Chevy pick-up trucks (shivers)...I ate at the Cracker Barrel then hightailed my ass out of there
There is nothing wrong with people going around in their pick-up's with rifles/shot guns. They are hunters, not looking to shoot people, just things like deer, rabbit and squirell. Have you ever heard of mass murder in these small towns? That happens in the big cities.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinsburgGUy02 View Post
I'm originally from Leesburg VA. So, I think I would know something about that state. And yes anything outside the Northern part of the state is very scary. The people in the Roanoke Va area are a bunch of hicks. I'm sorry but you can't have a southern accent and sound intelligent.LOL
Well, I have a southern accent an am a mechanical design engineer. I am from Arkansas, and yes, some of us do have brains. What I like is the northerners who claim we are stupid and inbred and listen to their own silly accents. Erl for oil, gets for get, heya for here, get my drift?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 PM

699 posts, read 2,235,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinsburgGUy02 View Post
I'm originally from Leesburg VA. So, I think I would know something about that state. And yes anything outside the Northern part of the state is very scary. The people in the Roanoke Va area are a bunch of hicks. I'm sorry but you can't have a southern accent and sound intelligent.LOL
You do realize that many people in Northern Virginia and D.C. believe that your Leesburg, VA is "hick country".

Old 02-19-2008, 12:35 PM

I forgot to mention that in the south, we do use words like over yonder, I recon and other words called colorfull by yankees. Did you know that these words are common in England?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,356 times
I'm actually looking for the kind of place that has a sort of a "another era" feel to it. But trust me when I tell you, I do not want to visit any place where they look like they are plotting your death or something. I don't want to visit Amish country though. I hear the cooking there is bland and there's nothing exciting to do. I like food too much too settle for bland stuff after a long trip there. Any suggestions for a mom and her teenage kid?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 PM

With out a doubt, the scariest places I have been were in Los Angles, New York and Toledo. DO NOT go to the wrong parts of town in ANY of these cities. As far as New York (city) goes, the whole damn place is scarry to me. I would rather be in an Arkansas hick town any day with the so-called red necks. At least there one can still leave their doors unlocked. Try that in New York!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 7,356 times
How right you are, Sir!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfashionedgal View Post
I'm actually looking for the kind of place that has a sort of a "another era" feel to it. But trust me when I tell you, I do not want to visit any place where they look like they are plotting your death or something. I don't want to visit Amish country though. I hear the cooking there is bland and there's nothing exciting to do. I like food too much too settle for bland stuff after a long trip there. Any suggestions for a mom and her teenage kid?
Try Mountian Home, Arkansas. What a great place to be! No worries of anything bad there, just people enjoying the simple life.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
I forgot to mention that in the south, we do use words like over yonder, I recon and other words called colorfull by yankees. Did you know that these words are common in England?
Ireland too. My husband is from Dublin Ireland and he and his dad both use reckon quite a bit. He does say "youse" alot but he also says y'all so that's ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City