U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 PM

29,910 posts, read 8,352,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1985 View Post
If you want scary Hick come to Kane Pennsylvania. It is a town of about 3400 people and it has 3 gas stations and a subway sandwich shop. People are scary here! If you want an ever scarier town try Bradford Pa I swear the gene pole is contaminated
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...px-Kane_PA.jpg
http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles20728.jpg
oooooooooooooh scary, they just look like nice, quaint small town in north-central PA to me

Old 05-31-2008, 08:25 AM

5,296 posts, read 4,972,924 times
Everything looks 'quaint' until you actually live there...
This ain't Georgia

Old 05-31-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Everything looks 'quaint' until you actually live there...
This ain't Georgia
lol, i guess you're right but i'm just sayin' from that picture that town don't look scary at all, maybe that poster should use a better picture to show how truly "scary" it is

Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 PM

Is this better?...

YouTube - Introducing "Jack" a Pennsylvania Hill Billy

Old 05-31-2008, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,637 times
Default hillbilly towns

I happen to live in Wisconsin, close to Milwaukee. I have never been to a hillbilly town anywhere in this state or surrounding states. I have seen some in the appalachian area. Really the only thing you could say is hillbilly around here is the farms, but honestly I rarely see farms in my area of Wisconsin, I think they're closer to Canada. If you really want to go to a hillbilly area you should just go to Hildale, Utah, Colorado City, Arizona, Green River, Utah, or the Appalachian area.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
is this guy for real?!?!!?!?!!?!? it looks sorta fake.

anyways, were in PA would someone have a southern accent like he does, i think the only place in PA that has a southern accent is probably the SW corner

Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 PM

5,645 posts, read 8,754,626 times
There are a few southern transplants and people from West Virginia in western PA and northeastern Ohio. WJTN AM radio in Jamestown, NY has a guy from the south hosting the Hall Closet show every weekday afternoon.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:05 AM

11 posts, read 59,076 times
What was that town in the movie Breakdown? That was scary.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:59 AM

191 posts, read 713,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMMY2JONATHAN View Post
I have been to a town in West Virginia that literally takes maybe 5 minutes to go through and it is an old coal mining town. Everything is closed down the schools, the churches and the stores are all shut down... But somehow people still live there they walk around covered from head to toe in dirt and sweat... just like in the movies its so creepy you just get the eerie feeling that something is going to sneak up on you... i dont know the name of the town if it even had one...
Yesterday my wife and daughter and myself were hiking back to our car from a hike along the river enjoying the weather and my daughter enjoying the passing trains. Our daughter had played in the rocks and mud, and when I carried her the dirt rubbed off on me. It was approximately 80 degrees and humid, and we were sweating. I thought of how so many of you lame suburbanites on here would have found us terrifying, walking among the mountains with our sweat and dirt. Never mind that we are all well educated middle class people, and were all cleaned up as soon as we got home. To you narrow minded posters, who are scared of your own shadow, we were scary hillbillies. I thought City Data Forum was supposed to be informative to others wishing to learn about another locale, but then the moderators allow a thread full of inane misformation posted by 15 year olds who think they are knowledgeable because they once "heard something" about a place or "drove through it once", allow this thread to persist. Is that all of the information you guys can come up with on rural people?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianbluesboy View Post
Yesterday my wife and daughter and myself were hiking back to our car from a hike along the river enjoying the weather and my daughter enjoying the passing trains. Our daughter had played in the rocks and mud, and when I carried her the dirt rubbed off on me. It was approximately 80 degrees and humid, and we were sweating. I thought of how so many of you lame suburbanites on here would have found us terrifying, walking among the mountains with our sweat and dirt. Never mind that we are all well educated middle class people, and were all cleaned up as soon as we got home. To you narrow minded posters, who are scared of your own shadow, we were scary hillbillies.
I think most people can tell the difference between local hillbillies and yuppie tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or