U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
 
1 posts, read 8,391 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Now I just a hillbilly and I know tha yall think that weeze funny but I would like to show you round the small village of Love Valley in North Carlina. We hav a good ole time every weekend and want some peps to join us so we cans git to no you and maebee have a feast like a por chop sanwich. We don't have nairy tv or radio and my cousin is my ma on my grandaddy side of em family but we all love one another and on one another so weeze al happy. So com on down, kick up ya heels and a jus tel em john sent ya. Sory abut the speling I jus learn huw to cyper wit leters.

 
Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
I've been around quite a bit, and the redneck part of the US that scares me the most is northwestern Missouri. There are very few blacks living in western Missouri north of the MIssouri River, because it is intoleranbly racist. Even metro Kansas City, blacks don't dare try to move to the suburbs north of the river. Generally, strangers there are viewed very suspiciously, and the police are just plain scary redneck bullies.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-26-2008 at 12:02 AM..
 
Old 09-26-2008, 02:27 PM
 
835 posts, read 2,040,311 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I've been around quite a bit, and the redneck part of the US that scares me the most is northwestern Missouri. There are very few blacks living in western Missouri north of the MIssouri River, because it is intoleranbly racist. Even metro Kansas City, blacks don't dare try to move to the suburbs north of the river. Generally, strangers there are viewed very suspiciously, and the police are just plain scary redneck bullies.
Redneck doesn't equal racism.
 
Old 09-26-2008, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
Redneck doesn't equal racism.
The area I've described is both redneck and racist. I didn't mean to imply that they are synomymous. In fact, it is probably more racist than redneck, but it doesn't take very many rednecks to make themselves conspicouis, expecially if they are cops.
 
Old 09-26-2008, 03:34 PM
 
Location: RVA
2,418 posts, read 4,105,411 times
Reputation: 1189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The area I've described is both redneck and racist. I didn't mean to imply that they are synomymous. In fact, it is probably more racist than redneck, but it doesn't take very many rednecks to make themselves conspicouis, expecially if they are cops.
The word "redneck" itself is racist. So is hillbilly. Just letting everyone know. It works both ways.
 
Old 09-26-2008, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
The word "redneck" itself is racist. So is hillbilly. Just letting everyone know. It works both ways.
I know what I mean when I call somebody a redneck or a hillbilly. I mean the words to be pejorative. If you behave like the people that I call rednecks or hillbillies, consider yourself pejorated. If you don't want me to classify you as such, stop shooting at roadsigns,, and I won't call you one.
 
Old 09-27-2008, 09:30 AM
 
Location: RVA
2,418 posts, read 4,105,411 times
Reputation: 1189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I know what I mean when I call somebody a redneck or a hillbilly. I mean the words to be pejorative. If you behave like the people that I call rednecks or hillbillies, consider yourself pejorated. If you don't want me to classify you as such, stop shooting at roadsigns,, and I won't call you one.
So, I guess you're from the "not all black people are ******s" crowd. That's cool, I guess. I don't really care what people believe or what words they use. I just don't like hypocrisy.

Last edited by Bo; 03-19-2009 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Let the word filter do its work.
 
Old 09-27-2008, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains
451 posts, read 1,349,844 times
Reputation: 298
Default That's Funny, Hillbilly John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly John View Post
Now I just a hillbilly and I know tha yall think that weeze funny but I would like to show you round the small village of Love Valley in North Carlina. We hav a good ole time every weekend and want some peps to join us so we cans git to no you and maebee have a feast like a por chop sanwich. We don't have nairy tv or radio and my cousin is my ma on my grandaddy side of em family but we all love one another and on one another so weeze al happy. So com on down, kick up ya heels and a jus tel em john sent ya. Sory abut the speling I jus learn huw to cyper wit leters.

I think I know where Love Valley is John. Is it In Iredell Co.? Didn't you know that we "Hillbillies" are now called Appalachian Americans. Didn't they use to have music festivals there? Some of these posts are so silly.
 
Old 09-28-2008, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Tampa
2,119 posts, read 3,161,571 times
Reputation: 2931
OMG!!! I cannot believe my eyes!!! Wilkes-Barre, PA has been mentioned as a scary town??? My husband and I were born and raised in that area.

First of all, it's a city, not a town. It's just old and backwards, that's all. The old timer coal cracking attitudes are still abundant there and prevent progression. Nothing to be afraid of. Trust me...

I see posters have mentioned East TN and the GA mountains. I've been to the TN Smokies twice and the Blue Ridge Mts of GA. I didn't see anything scary there and we actually drove WAY off the beaten paths to get to our cabin rentals in the middle of nowhere. Sure, we saw some run down shacks with old appliances in the yards and stuff that were situated on one lane dirt roads going up into the mountains. Big deal. <shrug>

When I went to the grocery stores there, the people didn't look or act any different than Tampa people except for their clothing...flannels and work boots vs. shorts and flip flops.

Wow...some of you need to get around a little more.
 
Old 09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
 
6 posts, read 24,421 times
Reputation: 11
Default Real purty mouth in wolf creek oregon

my grandfather froze to death one morning after falling down, but before he was dead the methheads stepped over him to raid his trailer of guns and knives. He also had 33 cars and trucks in various states of disrepair lying around which were not taken. And this not a mile off Interstate 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top